OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) II :Use Spoiler Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
The Winds of Winter release date is.....

still unknown. Therefore Ive no need for this small folk thread.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
The Winds of Winter release date is.....

still unknown. Therefore Ive no need for this small folk thread.

GRRM is reportedly broke and bargaining for more money from the publisher to release his book. Apparently he's spent his fortune with some bio medical research company trying to actually genetically engineer dragons from cross breeding and altering DNA from alligators, hippos, herons, komodos and dragon snakes.

He's spared no expense.

Kf8HTFF.png

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anybody planning on watching the Fear of the Walking Dead show? Looks pretty solid to me.

I'll probably watch it, it will at least bring us to the start of the upcoming season of the walking dead. I think it starts the week after the new series ends.

I kind of wish it was a spin off in the sense that maybe it has some characters from the original series. Like maybe someone whose fate remained unknown in the original series, maybe one of those characters made it out there from Atlanta.

I think this series is set in Los Angeles or something? To be honest, I don't know much about it but I will be watching it.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I'll probably watch it, it will at least bring us to the start of the upcoming season of the walking dead. I think it starts the week after the new series ends.

I kind of wish it was a spin off in the sense that maybe it has some characters from the original series. Like maybe someone whose fate remained unknown in the original series, maybe one of those characters made it out there from Atlanta.

I think this series is set in Los Angeles or something? To be honest, I don't know much about it but I will be watching it.

I will probably watch it when all the episodes are out.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
The previews look good to me. It is set in Los Angeles also. It's supposed to be how it all started so I doubt you'll have any of the current TWD cast in it, but you never know.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
So not loving FTWD so far. Very slow and the characters are quite unlikable

So its ok, not great.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So that was a really weird SummerSlam. The big matches delivered and there was some great work but some of the finishes were just weird.

Also really WCW tactics wise since we basically have to watch RAW to get answers.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Honestly forgot about summerslam

It was like Sunday Night Raw. It was REALLY long (4 hours...jesus). Some matches sucked, others had some great work. There were also a lot of wacky finishes, and almost no storyline was resolved which is annoying.

Biggest takeaway is we are most likely getting Undertaker vs Brock Lesner III at WM next year and it will be Taker's retirement match.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Taker sitting up and laughing at Brock was probably the best moment of the night. That was a pretty decent match (considering how old Taker is) up until the finish. Overall it was a pretty meh Summerslam for me. Like you said, it felt like a 4 hour long RAW.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
The best moment of the night was New Day's celebration after they won their match. I was watching with several people and we were all dying laughing.

I didn't like the finish. I hate to have Undertaker win so cheaply.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The best moment of the night was New Day's celebration after they won their match. I was watching with several people and we were all dying laughing.

I didn't like the finish. I hate to have Undertaker win so cheaply.

New Day was awesome from start to finish. I really wanted promos of them celebrating all night. We need get a fun twitter picture of them with Seth (white and gold=wins last night and the night before at NXT).

The tune whistles. And all of Xavior Wood's work outside the ring was god's work. "Why can't you find a hamburger in Brooklyn? Big E just sells Tricep meat!!"

Tag Match was shockingly one of the best matches of the night.

The title match was really good. Cena was kind of botch fested (he needs to stop with the springboard stunner of the ropes. He hasn't hit it ONCE), but Seth was working hard. It has been so long since Seth was allowed to just wrestle.

No idea why J-Stew came in and screwed Cena, but I LOVED it.

Main event was shockingly good. Taker look bumps that legit scared me that he was going to get seriously hurt I mean jesus a 50 year old man took a F5 through a damn table, but he kept getting up. The chokeslam was awesome (man Brock can sell a chokeslam), and the sit up spot where they both laughed at each other was pure gold.

The finish sucked. It was unsatisfying, it was extremely confusing. I get why they did it (to continue the feud and do a third match at WM as Taker's retirement match) while keeping Brock looking strong. Seeing Taker tap sucked though, and it was needlessly confusing.

If they hadn't already used the ref bump and double KO it would of been easier. Simple ref distraction, low blow, Brock passes out would of been easier and told the same exact story. It taints a good match, but I guess it is what it is because most likely this is just the middle chapter and Taker will want his clean win against Brock at WM at any price.

Final note. Brooklyn HATES Sheamus, and they HATE Roman Reigns.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Is undertaker ok? Or is he really having health issues atm?

Word is he ok. Went to his hotel last night and flew home this morning to Texas. No Brock or Taker on RAW tonight. Just Paul. Man deserves ALL the credit. Younger guys would have a hard time with a hoss match like that. Consider him at 50 years old taking those bumps and standing up.

Also here is Mad's moment of the night

UtEpP7h8Lh62GqTDJFzKDzDf8mg2LmkdXsfOLNoHtoxFeWcpV-AQP_1WXsT-AVsA45RvA5SVg3v8wMXQdkAAK0CLRfHDpxFuOQ2L56R7JXDA6yuRWm6BoEFgfs6oJbpKYaptKUlhWpeqjZsF3zwL=w506-h284

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Word is he ok. Went to his hotel last night and flew home this morning to Texas. No Brock or Taker on RAW tonight. Just Paul. Man deserves ALL the credit. Younger guys would have a hard time with a hoss match like that. Consider him at 50 years old taking those bumps and standing up.

Also here is Mad's moment of the night

UtEpP7h8Lh62GqTDJFzKDzDf8mg2LmkdXsfOLNoHtoxFeWcpV-AQP_1WXsT-AVsA45RvA5SVg3v8wMXQdkAAK0CLRfHDpxFuOQ2L56R7JXDA6yuRWm6BoEFgfs6oJbpKYaptKUlhWpeqjZsF3zwL=w506-h284

That image is great. Another wrestler that is not being utilized is Kane. He has the body of someone 10-15 years younger. I don't know if he want's to take bumps anymore. He does have the most wrestling appearances per year though this year and does house shows. Problem is I don't know if he want's to wrestle like Mark Henry these days.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That image is great. Another wrestler that is not being utilized is Kane. He has the body of someone 10-15 years younger. I don't know if he want's to take bumps anymore. He does have the most wrestling appearances per year though this year and does house shows. Problem is I don't know if he want's to wrestle like Mark Henry these days.

Kane is out hurt right now (Brock is actually the one who hurt him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad