OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) II :Use Spoiler Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Last week was slow, but this week picked up quickly. Ed Harris is awesome, Hopkins really turned itup, and Evan Rachel Wood is running away with an Emmy.

This week picked up for me when he froze all the robots with a wag of his finger and said "we debated whether to let you in". :laugh:

There's something big planned...

$5 says Dolores is the one to stop him too - out of an act of humanity. ;)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I knew what was going to happen months ago so the spoiler stuff doesn't bother me but anyone in the future would be kind enough to just bracket your post between [spoil][/spoil ].

The first episode was good, wasn't too sure about JDM but he seems to be a great fit for Negan. I'm just getting burnt out on the show though. Seems like they're gonna milk it for all it's worth with some great episodes followed by tons of filler where the plot doesn't advance at all. The fake out Glenn crap really bothered me so I was glad to see them at least take out Abe too even though he should have had Denise's death. I'm all for wiping out main characters frequently to keep you on your toes.

I'm pretty much up to date comic wise but I'll still tune in to see some of the other characters and story lines that aren't in the comics.

I found out what happened a few months ago when spoilers were leaking. I didn't exactly know how it was happening or how the other victim would get it. But I saw it was two characters and I had a feeling it would be two characters, just to justify the wait.

I thought maybe the gun that Negan had tucked in his pants would come into play, but after watching it last night, that wouldn't make sense. He seems to love using that bat and doesn't seem like he'd use a gun unless he absolutely had to. Or that maybe another character (Dwight possibly) would kill the second victim. At first, I had this bitter feeling that it would be Aaron or Eugene or Sasha or a character that in no way could justify waiting 6 months to show who they killed. I only looked for spoilers because I had to wait that long. If it was a half season finale, I wouldn't have cared to look for spoilers. I figured it had to be Rick, Carl, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, Abraham or Darryl, because they other characters are too secondary. I can't justify over 6 months for Rosita, Eugene, Aaron or Sasha. I barely could justify 6 months for Abraham, but since he was kind of an intimidating character and somewhat of a muscle in the group, I think it was okay to wait 6 months for him.

I knew from the beginning it wasn't Carl or Rick and probably not the women. I also didn't think it would be Darryl either. They pretty much confirmed it isn't Carl or Rick with the ''Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boys other eye out and feed it to his father and then we'll start'' line from Negan before he started at the end of the finale.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Whatever happened to Aaron's boyfriend? They showed him in the first or second episode where we met Aaron back in season 5 and he's never been heard from again. It's not like he died or anything, but we never saw him around Alexandria. Never saw him like at the meeting when Deanna considers exiling Rick or during the huge walker herd attack at the midseason of season 6.

It's almost like they used that to cover their tracks for Aaron and Maggie not having any kind of thing together. It almost seemed like they had a moment and were getting close when they were in that tunnel during Glenn's fake out death. He also seemed consoling towards her in last night's episode. And then now people will be starting to think ''Oh wow, might Aaron and Maggie be an item?'' they might be able to think back to two years ago when Aaron was shown to be gay and have a boyfriend. A boyfriend who seems to have vanished from the Walking Dead universe with no explanation at all. There was another character that was in an episode and vanished. I believe it was supposed to be Deanna's son (the one that died on the run) or maybe it was Nicholas's son? Whoever's son it was, the father died either way and the kid was never seen again.

I really like Lauren Cohan, she's perfect to me. I like how she's not overly and fakely hot or oozing phoney sex appeal, like some other celebrities.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I kind of guessed Abraham would be the one based on Negan's "taking it like a champ" line in the season 6 finale. Rick, Daryl, and Abe are the three I could most see being defiant even after taking the first shot to the head, and I didn't think Rick or Daryl would get killed off. Plus it made sense strategically. Abraham would probably be the hardest for Negan to break. With Rick, Glenn, and even Daryl I think he could use others as leverage to break them.

Although I did find it kind of funny that Negan wants the group to help provide for him, but he killed two of their most able bodied men and took Daryl hostage.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Whatever happened to Aaron's boyfriend? They showed him in the first or second episode where we met Aaron back in season 5 and he's never been heard from again. It's not like he died or anything, but we never saw him around Alexandria. Never saw him like at the meeting when Deanna considers exiling Rick or during the huge walker herd attack at the midseason of season 6.

It's almost like they used that to cover their tracks for Aaron and Maggie not having any kind of thing together. It almost seemed like they had a moment and were getting close when they were in that tunnel during Glenn's fake out death. He also seemed consoling towards her in last night's episode. And then now people will be starting to think ''Oh wow, might Aaron and Maggie be an item?'' they might be able to think back to two years ago when Aaron was shown to be gay and have a boyfriend. A boyfriend who seems to have vanished from the Walking Dead universe with no explanation at all. There was another character that was in an episode and vanished. I believe it was supposed to be Deanna's son (the one that died on the run) or maybe it was Nicholas's son? Whoever's son it was, the father died either way and the kid was never seen again.

I really like Lauren Cohan, she's perfect to me. I like how she's not overly and fakely hot or oozing phoney sex appeal, like some other celebrities.

Aaron's boyfriend Eric is back in Alexandria as well as Spencer, Deanna's son. Rick left Spencer in charge when they left to take Maggie to Hilltop. A lot of this stuff gets lost cause like you said it takes forever for this stuff to develop episode wise but real time it's only the next day after the ASZ was over run.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Aaron's boyfriend Eric is back in Alexandria as well as Spencer, Deanna's son. Rick left Spencer in charge when they left to take Maggie to Hilltop. A lot of this stuff gets lost cause like you said it takes forever for this stuff to develop episode wise but real time it's only the next day after the ASZ was over run.

I know Spencer is still alive, but didn't Deanna and her husband (forget his name, Reggie or something?) also have another son? I forgot his name, but I vaguely remember he and Glenn throwing fists and I believe he was killed when they went on that run. The same run where Noah got caught in the revolving door and devoured by the walkers. I thought he got stuck something? And they couldn't get him out before the walkers got to him and devoured him. I believe that was one of Deanna's sons?

I think he had a young child who was shown when they got there, then we never saw him again. Much like Aaron's boyfriend. Or that boy was Nicholas's son and not the other son of Deanna's?

But since these characters have not been shown again, I guess that's why they were written out without being written out. Because it's hard to even remember who they were.:laugh:

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I know Spencer is still alive, but didn't Deanna and her husband (forget his name, Reggie or something?) also have another son? I forgot his name, but I vaguely remember he and Glenn throwing fists and I believe he was killed when they went on that run. The same run where Noah got caught in the revolving door and devoured by the walkers. I thought he got stuck something? And they couldn't get him out before the walkers got to him and devoured him. I believe that was one of Deanna's sons?

I think he had a young child who was shown when they got there, then we never saw him again. Much like Aaron's boyfriend. Or that boy was Nicholas's son and not the other son of Deanna's?

But since these characters have not been shown again, I guess that's why they were written out without being written out. Because it's hard to even remember who they were.:laugh:

Here you go, I think you're pretty close. http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/TV_Series_Characters

It's the only way to keep track of everyone, click on their photo and it'll tell you whats going on.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And apparently Eric has been in other episodes since his introduction. He was apparently present at the meeting Deanna had about exiling Pete, as well as appearing in episodes last season.

I never noticed him after Aaron and him brought the group to Alexandria.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We have slacked in here.

Reddit rules. Spoiler tags for any new episodes or movies up to one week after release. Going to get strict with this as everyone has slacked on this.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
So Hell in a cell was good. Could of been better if the weird finishes were whipped clean. New day and Charlotte. The bs DQ was BS Shemus wasn't the legal man and was out of his corner. The Female main event was great till the finish. Didn't mind who won but the finish was ****.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Let's talk about NHL 17.

If I were to write a review for this game. I would give it a 3 out of a 10.

Franchise mode is fun. The menus are better and they actually use real music even though the songs are cheesy as hell. The relocation mode in Franchise mode has been awesome. I moved the Arizona Coyotes to Portland to become the Portland Lumberjacks and I swear to you that the jerseys I created for them look better than a lot of NHL jerseys!

Down to the real problem:

There are times where the game is downright unplayable. I mostly play online head to head. I am currently 25-21-3. There are games I dominate and make the other dude quit in the second period, then there are games where I can't complete a single pass and I want to smash my television. Passing can be nearly impossible sometimes. Everything gets intercepted. Passes don't go in the direction you want them to most of the time. The saucer pass is stiff and hardly works.

One thing this game absolutely needs to adopt from Fifa is the ability to set online rosters before searching for an opponent. I feel bad before every single game I have to make the other guy wait while I take Speers and Wood out of the lineup to put Kalinin and Bennett back him. The ratings are ass backwards as well. Lovejoy is an 82 while Merrill is an 84. Really?

The hitting in the game is atrocious. There are 30+ HUGE hits in every game. It gets to the point where no one can carry the puck anywhere without being leveled. I was playing someone who was the Lightning last night and Tyler Johnson was throwing Scott Stevens type hits. They claimed they fixed the problem where you could hit someone but they would get back up and still have the puck but they didn't fix that at all. If you hit someone real hard, it's impossible to ge the puck since the player movement is so clunky. The guy who got hit gets back up and gets the puck back most of the time.

Once you get through the BS and actually get some shots on goal, there are cheap and flukey goals everywhere.

For me, NHL 12 was the best game. Once they decided to fix the skating to "make it more realistic" they have made the game borderline unplayable.

Are you all having similar frustrations?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
So Hell in a cell was good. Could of been better if the weird finishes were whipped clean. New day and Charlotte. The bs DQ was BS Shemus wasn't the legal man and was out of his corner. The Female main event was great till the finish. Didn't mind who won but the finish was ****.

I thought the pacing of the matches was weird. I am absolutely fine with Sasha and Charlotte closing the show... but their lead in was a dumb tag match?

I am just sick and tired of WWE treating us like morons. I like Owens and Jericho... but why can't we have a good match between two guys with a clean winner and no BS? When Charlotte was champ having Dana and Ric help her in EVERY MATCH is starting to look the same as Jericho helping Owens every match. WWE is cheapening the "accomplishments" of their champs. Then with Sasha and Charlotte, they put on a good match... but why the injury angle in the beginning? Everyone knows if a performer is really hurt, the ref will throw up an X to the back to let them know it's real. So we are to believe that Sasha pretty much had her back destroyed.... then as soon as they are about to call the match, she hops off the stretcher and is fine to run around and pull off moves without back pain?

The brand extension really screwed up the tag team division. All of the legit tag teams are in Smackdown. The only logical next step for Raw is to have Gallows and Anderson take the belts then feud with Enzo and Cass. I hope no one thought even for a second that the WWE would end New Day's 400+ day title run with a loss to a fake tag team. Predictable.

The only match where the outcome truly surprised me was the Cruiserweight match. I didn't think Perkins would drop the belt so quick. The problem with that match is that we've watched those two wrestle pretty much every week for the past two months. PPV's are supposed to be special. The crowd didn't give a crap about this match because we've watched it every week.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Had to watch Raw, with no hockey on tonight.

Mick Foley looks like the main son from Duck Dynasty.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Chris Jericho looks a million dollars. And his face doesn't look like a wrinkly prune like the other "Old" guys that are around his age. Triple H has at least 10 diagonal lines going across his forehead and Batista has a beat up and saggy looking face like a shae-pei. Same with The Undertaker.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Chris Jericho looks a million dollars. And his face doesn't look like a wrinkly prune like the other "Old" guys that are around his age. Triple H has at least 10 diagonal lines going across his forehead and Batista has a beat up and saggy looking face like a shae-pei. Same with The Undertaker.

He also has one of the most popular gimmicks going right now. This guy just gets wrestling.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He also has one of the most popular gimmicks going right now. This guy just gets wrestling.

He's gotta be the second biggest heel failure, as far as having the fans give him heat, behind only The Rock.

He's GREAT as a heel, but too many fans refuse to boo him.

Out of all the older guys (Triple H, Batista, Undertaker, god forbid the ancient fossils like Flair and Hogan), he's one of the only one's that I have any interest in still seeing. Edge would be pretty cool too, but he had to retire for medical reasons. Shawn Michaels would be cool once in a while, but I appreciate that he has stuck to retirement and not flip flopped like Flair or others. Taker is cool once in a while. Triple H is cool once in a while, always hated Batista. He can stay out of the business for good this time.

I'm meh on Goldberg though.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Not many people care about Goldberg. WWE tries to force this stuff too much.

Jericho is awesome and the show would suck without him.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
I really love the Journey in Fifa...but sometimes having to do three training sessions to get to the next game is really annoying. Then it's like they throw you a bone by giving you two games in a row only for then to have 2 training sessions, not be picked and then train again.

TWD
[spoil]Ezekiel became my favorite character instantly and not just because he has a pet Tiger. I thought it was great at the end how he broke his character to try and get Carol to want to live again.[/spoil]

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
The Journey in FIFA had the most disappointing "ending" ever. I thought you'd be able to play your whole career as Alex Hunter, even if those cinematics were only in place for the opening season. But nope. One and done. And the normal Be A Pro mode just feels so underwhelming in comparison.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
WWE tonight at The Rock will be live on USA Network from 8-10pm

Some guy reppin a NJD jersey up front.

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Out of curiosity, I was looking at WWE's upcoming schedule (namely an NXT house show in Las Vegas next month). I couldn't help but notice that they didn't have any Raw venues booked after January yet, except for one show in mid-May at Prudential Center. Chuckled to myself and thought "Well, I guess the arena isn't anticipating a deep Devils playoff run."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->