OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) II :Use Spoiler Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Definitely one of my favourites! I think that's the version from the Radio City concert as well, what concert that must have been to see live.

Maybe it's the whiskey, but just listening to more of this concert is making me insanely jealous. Every time I play a song from that concert it's like it gets better. Just listening to Two Step right now and it's so awesome. I really don't get how Dave Matthews (and co.) don't get more recognition.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I've never been more disappointed with a game than I am with No Man's Sky.

That game never should have gotten past quality control, it's essentially still in beta.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I've never been more disappointed with a game than I am with No Man's Sky.

That game never should have gotten past quality control, it's essentially still in beta.

I've played the game for three hours and I agree. The game is so bare bones, clunky, unoptimized, and boring. I would not even pay $10 let alone $60.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm glad I didn't spring for no mans sky. I was really looking forward to it, and it just sounds like a total flop.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Just a heads up: you can get in for the NXT Takeover show at Barclays on SH for about $25 with fees.

Unfortunately I bought tix but now I can't go and the secondary market looks pretty soft (or sawft for that matter). If the card were a little more stacked, I might have made more of an effort to make it work.

I'll have to settle for singing Bobby Roode's theme song from my living room. GLORIOUS

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
So i am watching Back to the future part II and just noticed that the tv in the future advertises the super inflatable "tit" and the headlight "Tit. While actually showing a picture of bare breasts. This would earn a movie a R rating in a second today.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
And the losing team is literally crying.

I mean, I get it, but it's still kind of funny.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Anyone else here watch NXT Takeover and Summerslam?

NXT Takeover was insane. The crowd was on fire the entire event. Jose and Aries was a solid match. It was good to see Jose wrestle seriously and no dance the whole time. I though the crowd was starting to quiet down during the Billie Kay/Ember Moon match.

Ember Moon made her debut. She is experienced and Billie Kay still has a ways to go. It was a mismatch. The crowd was quiet until Ember Moon hit her ridiculous finisher which is a flying stunner from the top rope where she twists through the air and grabs a dazed Billie Kay and hits the move. The crowd went crazy for that.

Next up was Bobby Roode and Andrade Cien Almas. Bobby Roode's entrance was so over the top ridiculous that it was amazing. The crowd went absolutely crazy for it. It was GLORIOUS. This was Roode's television debut for NXT and he did not disappoint. His finisher is a little weak but it was still a good match. Cien was also pretty good toying with Roode on occasion.

The tag title match was next featuring The Revival defending (successfully) their titles against Ciampa and Gargano. This was the match of the night. WOW what a match. Ciampa and Gargano will absolutely hold those titles sometime soon. While many don't enjoy The Revival's gimmick, they are a tremendous tag team and will most likely head to Raw or Smackdown sooner than later. This was the best match of the night and the crowd seemed to agree with how loud they were.

Asuka vs Bayley. This turned out to be Bayley's last NXT match as she debuted on Raw last night. This was pretty good. Asuka is a fantastic wrestler and it would be good to see her on the main roster as she absolutely has more talent than most of the women on Raw or Smackdown. The only problem is that there are no women worthy of taking the title from her in NXT. The next best woman on the roster might be Ember Moon who only has one match under her belt. It is going to take a while for someone to take that title from her. Bayley and Asuka beat each other up pretty good. This wasn't Bayley/Sasha level... but it was still an enjoyable match.

Speaking of beating each other up.... Joe vs Nakamura was brutal. First, Shinsuke's entrance was amazing. They had the violinist that was featured on the recording of his entrance music come out with all of the lights off and play before the theme kicked in then he played along with it. The crowd singing along was awesome. Shinsuke and Joe beat the CRAP out of each other. Shinsuke ended up winning with two kinshasa finishers. Joe was seriously hurt after the match. He landed awkwardly a few times and Shinsuke got him right in the jaw with the finisher. The ref threw up the X at the end of the match. (When the ref throws up an X with his arms, that means there's a real injury and the match has to stop). Joe had a broken jaw. Shinsuke deserves the title. I think eventually, Aries or Roode will take it from him and Shinsuke will come to the main roster.

NXT Takeover was better than Summerslam hands down. Why? Actual wrestling. There was no gimmicky BS. I wonder what Vince thinks as he realizes his "developmental" roster puts on the better show than the main roster.

Last edited:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Onto Summerslam

This event was a mess. There were some good matches, however the order of the matches was really out of whack. There were several things that happened that made absolutely no sense.

12 Man Tag- The Usos/American Alpha/Hype Bros vs The Ascension/Vaudevillains/Breezango- The reasoning for this match is to start to set up rivalries for the eventual unveiling of the Smackdown tag titles. The Smackdown tag division is really light. American Alpha and the Vaudevillains are the best teams and hopefully one of them will win the new titles. Usos/AA/HB win this one.

Sami Zayn/Neville vs Dudley Boyz- It was odd not having Zayn in a feud or a big match. This was a decent tag match but it really made no sense to me. Sami/Neville won this one.

Sheamus v Cesaro- This was the first match in the best of seven series between these two. The feud was thrown together rather quickly but these two did not disappoint. This was a hard hitting match that was enjoyable to watch. Sheamus takes round one.

Jericho and Owens v Enzo and Big Cass- This feud is hilarious although I would rather see Owens with a title match or something. JeriKO won this match as they should. The banter was fantastic. Enzo and Cass brought the house down with their entrance.

Charlotte v Sasha for the women's title- Charlotte got the belt back. This match was filled with botches and scary moments. Sasha had a few awkward landings. WWE says she is out with a back injury but I think in real life she's going on her honeymoon since she just got married. Charlotte won this match by rolling back on Sasha and turning the Banks Statement into a cover. This was a pretty surprising ending.

Miz v Apollo Crews for the Intercontinental Title- This was a big WHO CARES match. Miz is not a good IC champ. He hardly puts the belt on the line and his gimmick is so old at this point. Apollo is a talented wrestler but he has to personality and does not give many reasons to get behind him. Miz retained the title. Hopefully Owens, Zayn, Cesaro, or someone else takes the strap soon.

Aj Styles v John Cena- Absolutely the match of the night. Styles won which I am happy about. That guy is going to be holding a title very soon. It was just a hard fought and fast paced match by two incredible wrestlers.

Anderson and Gallows v New Day- This match made no sense. There wasn't even that much wrestling. Jon Stewart, who I love, was not appreciated by the crowd at all and for good reason. This is one of the things that makes NXT better. Just get down to the match and put on a good show. There was so much BS surrounding this match. Big E returned and got his partners disqualified so they retained the titles.

Ziggler v Ambrose for the Smackdown Title- This match was very disappointing. Ambrose does the same things every match and that's how he won this one. There were no surprises and the match seemed like there was not much put into it.

Becky/Carmella/Naomi v Alexa Bliss/Natalya/Eva Marie- Why this match was so late on the card I have no idea. Eva Marie was suspended for using Adderal and not filing the proper paperwork with WWE in time. Nikki Bella returned as her replacement which got a good reaction from the crowd. Naomi's new entrance is awesome. Her and Alexa Bliss were the most fun to watch in this match.

Balor v Rollins for the Universal Title- This was a great match between two fantastic performers. I am glad to see that they let Balor win this one. While people will complain and say "well he's new how could he have a title already?!" they have to realize that he's in his mid 30s and has wrestled all over the world while no one was looking. He is very experienced and on the same level as Seth Rollins. The bad news is that Balor dislocated his shoulder during this match and had to vacate the title last night on Raw. They will now have a fatal four way match next week between Owens, Big Cass, Rollins, and Reigns to determine the new champ. I am hoping for Owens.

This is where the show SHOULD have ended....

Reigns v Rusev for the US Title- This match never happened. The two just fought outside the ring and beat each other up before Rusev was declared unfit to compete. WHY?

Orton v Lesnar- This was probably the last straw for me when it comes to Brock Lesnar. This was such a bizarre way to end the show. Several suplexes, one RKO, and we get to the latter stages where Brock can't control himself. He elbows THROUGH Orton's forehead and busts his head open. He needed 8-10 staples to close the wound after the match. All very real. Lesnar was declared the winner by TKO. Really stupid. This brings me back to why I said NXT Takeover was better. WWE tries to add such ridiculous theater to get people to enjoy the show... but it's not needed. NXT Takeover was an amazing show and there was almost no blood, no gimmicks, no promos, no outside the ring BS... just WRESTLING. The crowd showed that they appreciate that more than being pandered to and given unrealistic crap.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Still bummed that I had to give up my seats for Takeover. I had to run errands on Sunday, so I watched initially up through the Cena/Styles match. Came home later and finished up the rest of the show. It almost felt like two different crowds.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Don't blame Brock, he was doing what they wanted him to do (which was to beat Orton bloody). I can't believe they did this because they are facing lawsuits and something like this would look awful in front of a jury. Best part of the whole thing was that Jericho confronted Brock after the match thinking he was being careless and Vince had to tell him it was planned. My advice: if they really need blood just have the guy blade. Obviously that's frowned upon but that seems far safer than having Brock beat the crap out of someone to get hardway juice.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I see there is a movie coming out called "Hands of Stone ". I'm surprised someone wanted to tell the Travis Zajac story so bad they made a movie...

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Still bummed that I had to give up my seats for Takeover. I had to run errands on Sunday, so I watched initially up through the Cena/Styles match. Came home later and finished up the rest of the show. It almost felt like two different crowds.

That crowd was tired, the show was long, and most of the matches were not delivering. They woke up as best they could for Finn, but they were tired.

In hindsight, I am surprised the Finn/Seth finish was as good as it was considering how ****ed Finn's shoulder was.

hockeyr5

Mar 8, 2009
In NHL 17 for HUT, Eric Gelinas is rated 84. His weakest stat is shooting at 81. You can't make this stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad