OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) II :Use Spoiler Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
1)Do people like Jimmy Fallon? Gotta do more then just laugh at everything right?

2)Loving The Night Of on HBO.

3)The Realtor.com commercial in the closet is pretty funny. Though I feel like it is stealing from another commercial, not sure which one though.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
1)Do people like Jimmy Fallon? Gotta do more then just laugh at everything right?

2)Loving The Night Of on HBO.

3)The Realtor.com commercial in the closet is pretty funny. Though I feel like it is stealing from another commercial, not sure which one though.

Another damn good quality show on HBO. I expected it to show more of what happened than it has up to this 5th episode but it looks like they will wind the show down with more of that rather than his transformation into a prison mule :laugh:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Speaking of Late Night TV... I feel bad for Colbert. His show is getting mixed reviews and lower ratings compared to Fallon but the guy is very smart and his band is probably the best band in late night. Jon Batiste is amazing.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Speaking of Late Night TV... I feel bad for Colbert. His show is getting mixed reviews and lower ratings compared to Fallon but the guy is very smart and his band is probably the best band in late night. Jon Batiste is amazing.

Not a fan of Colbert either, liked him much better on the Report.

Conan's the only late night guy that I feel is worth watching.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
No seriously, are people not interested in the Olympics?

Watched an excellent table tennis game earlier.

USA vs Brazil in a huge volleyball game on now.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

After watching that Real Sports episode on the Olympics, I find it kind of hard to get excited for them. Plus the summer Olympics really have never interested me much.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
After watching that Real Sports episode on the Olympics, I find it kind of hard to get excited for them. Plus the summer Olympics really have never interested me much.

What's the general gist? If it is the IOC and the corruption, while that is bs, for me it doesn't taint what the athletes do.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Anybody watch Katie Nolan on FS1? I watched a couple of her segments on YT and to me she's friggin hilarious. She has a very Jon Stewart-esque delivery.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Table tennis is so insane to watch, those guys have amazing hand eye and super human agility.

And if you don't watch often/never watch, the quirks of the game, like pre serve rituals make for some good entertainment.

But when volleys get going it's pretty incredible.

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land
And if you don't watch often/never watch, the quirks of the game, like pre serve rituals make for some good entertainment.

But when volleys get going it's pretty incredible.

it's crazy how much the ball curves in table tennis and how accurate they are, that takes alot of practice.

I don't like volleyball, if I'm going to watch volleyball it's only to see some ass and tities

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Check out Fargo Season 2. You don't have to watch the first season or the movie as it has nothing to do with the second season. Loved it from start to finish.

"In a small Minnesota town, a shooting at a diner disrupts the lives of a state officer, a married couple, and a North Dakota crime syndicate."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802850/?ref_=ttep_ep_tt

Just checked and both seasons are on disc for Netflix. Was season 1 near as good as 2 or should I just skip to 2?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Loved them as a kid but with all the corruption that gets brought to life during these things, I just have a hard time getting up for them. Getting old sucks. The naïveté of being a youth (my cousin Vinny reference) sometimes is a blessing. Plus, there's not a single sport I give a crap about in these games.

Last edited:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
hey, so I made a TFC video. I guess working for them has made me a fan of sorts :laugh:

If anyone wants to check it out, maybe tell me where and how many times I ****ed up, that'd be okay. The song probably isn't the best for a montage-esque video but I love it so whatever.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
hey, so I made a TFC video. I guess working for them has made me a fan of sorts :laugh:

If anyone wants to check it out, maybe tell me where and how many times I ****ed up, that'd be okay. The song probably isn't the best for a montage-esque video but I love it so whatever.

Great Tim Reynolds song!

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
it's crazy how much the ball curves in table tennis and how accurate they are, that takes alot of practice.

I don't like volleyball, if I'm going to watch volleyball it's only to see some ass and tities
The attractiveness of the women athlete is a major bonus in a lot of these sports.

Loved them as a kid but with all the corruption that gets brought to life during these things, I just have a hard time getting up for them. Getting old sucks. The naïveté of being a youth (my cousin Vinny reference) sometimes is a blessing. Plus, there's not a single sport I give a crap about in these games.
I'm by no means a big fan of volley ball, but the game last night between USA and Brazil was excellent. Same goes for Table Tennis, or women's gymnastics, this is not something I follow in off years, but come olympics time it is still cool to watch the best athletes in the world go all out in the most important games of their lives.

Sidenote: Caught a portion of the US women's loss to Sweden in soccer. Tough loss, and the portion I watched they by far had the better chances. Figure they were the heavy favorites but will not get a chance to play for a medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad