Prospect Info: Conor Timmins - D [32nd overall]

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
They can't treat him like a delicate flower forever. If the neurologists clear him then he should be allowed to play. Making him wait six more months or so isn't going to help him any. If he gets hurt again then it was just never meant to be.
I wouldn't suggest treating him like a flower. More like a human being;)

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Is Loveland really a good idea for him? Isn't the AHL supposedly more physical and gritty?

Having him play his first game in the NHL after missing 8+ months with concussion symptoms would be a worse idea.

He's gonna have to deal with contact either way. He's just gotta keep his head up, move the puck quickly, and keep things simple for a little while.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
They can't treat him like a delicate flower forever. If the neurologists clear him then he should be allowed to play. Making him wait six more months or so isn't going to help him any. If he gets hurt again then it was just never meant to be.

Exactly. If he's 100% healed, he should be good to go. Waiting until next September for training camp would just limit his pro development time.

More importantly if he comes back this year, takes some hits, and works through the mental hurdles of being off so long with a concussion, he'll have some confidence going into next season. He won't be worried about what's going to happen when he gets back into games, he'll just focus on learning, and doing his best to impress the coaching staff in camp.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I actually want to play him in either the NHL (or ECHL), majority of guys in the NHL are professionals and are not trying to run around smacking stuff like try-hards in the AHL. Then once he gets more weight on him this offseason, we can send him down to the AHL next season.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
He may recover from his concussion but it may take more time to sort of how to deal with the fear of that happening again.

Let's just hope he makes a recovery like Bergeron and stays healthy for a long time.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
I think him starting out in Utah would be a fine idea. See where it goes from there. He gets 5 games there and he could qualify for a long playoff run with the Grizzlies. If he makes it through that he could build a lot of confidence for camp next year.

All depending on health of course.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
There was optimism he could play by January, then by February, and now no later than March 15. Dater keeps putting these dates about a concussion, which is the most unpredictable injury, out there and so far wrong every time.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'll believe it when I see it.
Was going to come here and post the same exact thing. They said the Avs were hopeful he would play before 2019 and that never transpired.

There was optimism he could play by January, then by February, and now no later than March 15. Dater keeps putting these dates about a concussion, which is the most unpredictable injury, out there and so far wrong every time.
Again Dater is talking out of his ass, but I think it has more to do with him getting into game shape than him still suffering from concussion symptoms, that's my hypothesis.

Reactions: klozge

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I disagree. He has lost so much development time already, he needs to play.
He'd be coming in after a over a year of not playing. Into some of the biggest hockey of the AHL season. They will be flying full force out there and are all in game shape after playing most of the season.

I'd rather him come into training camp with a summer of training and healing. And get into game shape playing against guys who are also just trying to get into game shape.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He'd be coming in after a over a year of not playing. Into some of the biggest hockey of the AHL season. They will be flying full force out there and are all in game shape after playing most of the season.

I'd rather him come into training camp with a summer of training and healing. And get into game shape playing against guys who are also just trying to get into game shape.

Depends on if he's out right now because he's still getting back into game shape or if he's still suffering symptoms.

Reactions: klozge

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Depends on if he's out right now because he's still getting back into game shape or if he's still suffering symptoms.
I guess. But its infinitely hard gaining confidence when everyone else has been battling all season getting up to game speed. Practice is one thing. Full speed and when emotions come into play make it alot harder.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I guess. But its infinitely hard gaining confidence when everyone else has been battling all season getting up to game speed. Practice is one thing. Full speed and when emotions come into play make it alot harder.

Yeah, but feeling a part of a team again & not having to spend all offseason anxious to finally put this whole experience behind him before becoming a hockey player again, should be huge for his ability to build confidence next season...if his recovery has gone well & he just needs to get back into shape.

He has to play some day & I'd rather him start getting back into the swing of things before the summer starts than after it. Cause it's not like he just needs to get healthy to become a sweet NHL top 4 guy.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Yeah, but feeling a part of a team again & not having to spend all offseason anxious to finally put this whole experience behind him before becoming a hockey player again, should be huge for his ability to build confidence next season...if his recovery has gone well & he just needs to get back into shape.

He has to play some day & I'd rather him start getting back into the swing of things before the summer starts than after it. Cause it's not like he just needs to get healthy to become a sweet NHL top 4 guy.
Thats true. But I wonder if he remains practicing with the Avs if that doesn't atleast provide a pretty similar substitute. I'm sure he hangs with the guys and watches the games. Although I know how hard it is to watch teammates after getting suspended for 2 games and having to watch from the stands.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Thats true. But I wonder if he remains practicing with the Avs if that doesn't atleast provide a pretty similar substitute. I'm sure he hangs with the guys and watches the games. Although I know how hard it is to watch teammates after getting suspended for 2 games and having to watch from the stands.

That's why I hope he gets to scratch that itch before the summer. I'd imagine that practicing with the team but not really being a part of it because you've never actually gone to battle alongside them, must make the waiting even worse for him.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Dater did a Twitter Live session while he was waiting in the airport and said they're likely getting ready to shut him down for the season. There was hope he'd get in some games in early March and yet...here we are, no games.

Disconcerting to say the least that he's going to end up missing a full year of hockey and there's no guarantees whatsoever he'll be ready next October.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Dater did a Twitter Live session while he was waiting in the airport and said they're likely getting ready to shut him down for the season. There was hope he'd get in some games in early March and yet...here we are, no games.

Disconcerting to say the least that he's going to end up missing a full year of hockey and there's no guarantees whatsoever he'll be ready next October.

Journalism at it's finest! :facepalm:

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia

They may just be shutting him down for precautionary reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad