Prospect Info: Conor Timmins - D [32nd overall]

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I think they are taking the 'anti-Bigras' approach just making damn sure that he's going to be 100% before he even thinks about playing a game at the pro level. It will happen when it happens and it's much better that the Avs take this approach than the one where they are impatiently awaiting for the player to get healthy and playing.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Timmins is such a great talent we need him to get healthy and get back to it. Hope to hear him finish this year back on track, concussions suck.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I wouldn't believe anything Dater says on this subject, I am very sure he's going to be one of the last people to know. I think Clark mentioned that there was some optimism that he was going to play before the new year and that didn't happen either. Avs don't need to rush him, he hasn't been able to have an offseason work out either, nor been in a game situation since May. I get the sense he's still practicing alone as of now, but the good sign is he's joining the team for practice more and more.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I wouldn't believe anything Dater says on this subject, I am very sure he's going to be one of the last people to know. I think Clark mentioned that there was some optimism that he was going to play before the new year and that didn't happen either. Avs don't need to rush him, he hasn't been able to have an offseason work out either, nor been in a game situation since May. I get the sense he's still practicing alone as of now, but the good sign is he's joining the team for practice more and more.
Yeah, six months of issues is no joke. In the latest BSN pod Dater wouldn't even rule out him playing with the avs still this year, which is pretty laughable. Guy hasn't touch pro ice yet or played competitive hockey in forever like they're gonna just toss him in for shits and giggles.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I'm pretty sure that was Dater too. He said there was optimism he'd be back by January and now he says by February.

Timmins is doing a lot more now so I'd guess he's back soon if everything goes well but he also hasn't taken full contact yet so who knows.

Reactions: S E P H

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I'm pretty sure that was Dater too. He said there was optimism he'd be back by January and now he says by February.

Timmins is doing a lot more now so I'd guess he's back soon if everything goes well but he also hasn't taken full contact yet so who knows.
I'd imagine if he were actually close, he would be practicing with the eagles, and not the Avs. He's going to need to take time to get used to their systems, and see where he fits in the D line up.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I'd imagine if he were actually close, he would be practicing with the eagles, and not the Avs. He's going to need to take time to get used to their systems, and see where he fits in the D line up.
That won't happen till he gets cleared. They arent going to risk his recovery by not having him as close as possible to the team doctors.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Agreed. Even if he was healthy and able to play I don't want him with the big squad this season. Go to Loveland get some minutes in play in all game situations and come back to camp next season and challenge for a spot. No reason to rush the kid whatsoever.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Honestly I'm no expert but I feel like he shouldn't take contact until next season. Hed be better off healing the entire summer through to next fall. Theres no point in risking it. Keep him around the team and practicing. And give him a goal to get in shape this summer for camp next season.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Yeah, six months of issues is no joke. In the latest BSN pod Dater wouldn't even rule out him playing with the avs still this year, which is pretty laughable.

It's important to differentiate Dater's opinion from what he hears.

[Of course the below is just my opinion]

He doesn't really seem to care enough about prospects to just make up something like "There's optimism that he'll be back on the ice in January/February"--to me, that's him repeating something he's heard from someone in the organization.

"I wouldn't rule him out playing with the Avs this year..."--to me that's an opinion he has (but could still be informed by whoever he talks to in the org, probably giving him a "Best case scenario--he seems some time w/ us before the year is out" type quote).

Last edited:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
It's important to differentiate Dater's opinion from what he hears.

He doesn't really seem to care enough about prospects to just make up something like "There's optimism that he'll be back on the ice in January/February"--to me, that's him repeating something he's heard from someone in the organization.

"I wouldn't rule him out playing with the Avs this year..."--to me that's an opinion he has (but could still be informed by whoever he talks to in the org, probably giving him a "Best case scenario--he seems some time w/ us before the year is out" type quote).
If he gets some games in with the eagles, and looks good, I wouldn't be surprised to see him play a few games with the Avs.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I'd just let him sit out the year even if he's good to go. Let him practice with the big club, maybe even allow for some contact just so he can take the first few hits without being to scared. Then get a full off-season in and be ready to go for next year.

If he doesn't play a game does it burn a year off his contract?

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'll believe it when I see it. I really don't trust Dater, or the BSN guys too much anymore. He's a great writer, and they do work their tails off, but it's just not there for me.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
You think it's worth the risk? I just dont see the upside to it.

They can't treat him like a delicate flower forever. If the neurologists clear him then he should be allowed to play. Making him wait six more months or so isn't going to help him any. If he gets hurt again then it was just never meant to be.

Reactions: cgf and Waingro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad