Rumor: Conor Garland Contract / Trade Rumors (UPD: Coyotes are "very much trying to move")

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Man I feel like we get picked on by other teams. It's like they know we are in a corner with wanting to protect Hill so they are holding up Kuemper trades. They know we want to get back into the 1st and are saying they will only trade a 1st for Garland. They know we want to get rid of OEL now and all of a sudden have absolutely no interest and are getting media guys to post his terrible advanced metrics.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I’d move Garland for a return similar to what we got for Yandle. First rounder and, at that time, a high end prospect in Duclair.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Garland's ask too high, BA desperate to grab a 1st round pick, or both?
I wonder if BA questions Garlands long term durability and this is a chance for us to sell high on a home grown asset? I love Garland’s moxie but i know i think offering term could be an issue.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Didn't you stop watching full games like two years ago? What would you know about Garland, if that's the case?
You really should just read people's posts, stop being a hater, and move on. I posted one time that I hadn't watched much in a 2 month period in 2019. And the post you quoted had absolutely zero to do with Garland's ability, it could have been written by someone who never watched a single game.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’d move Garland for a return similar to what we got for Yandle. First rounder and, at that time, a high end prospect in Duclair.
I wouldn't be happy at all with a late first and non-blue chip. Like Boston has 21st overall and who's their best prospect? Studnicka? I'd be furious if that's all we got.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Man I feel like we get picked on by other teams. It's like they know we are in a corner with wanting to protect Hill so they are holding up Kuemper trades. They know we want to get back into the 1st and are saying they will only trade a 1st for Garland. They know we want to get rid of OEL now and all of a sudden have absolutely no interest and are getting media guys to post his terrible advanced metrics.
It's a competitive league, when you want life jacket it's more likely you will get offered an anchor.

rt

May 13, 2004
You really should just read people's posts, stop being a hater, and move on. I posted one time that I hadn't watched much in a 2 month period in 2019. And the post you quoted had absolutely zero to do with Garland's ability, it could have been written by someone who never watched a single game.
1. Was asking a question legitimately.
2. Are you saying that you watch most of the games again or not?
3. That last point is complete nonsense.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Either a deal(s) in place to move Kuemper/Hill or a side deal is in place with Seattle to not take a Coyote goalie or BA waited too long to move Kuemper and is scrambling to get something done last minute…which might include Garland.

This is BA’s first real test.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It doesn't matter what happens. Some will be happy, some pissed. All these media blow hards are throwing out all kinds of garbage for clicks. Most won't come true, but I guess the more shit you throw, some will stick sooner or later.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If Garland was willing to sign a contract that those teams would be interested in he would have been signed a long time ago.
You don't know that. You are starting to sound like XX. You and I have no more idea what's going on than the man in the moon.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
You don't know that. You are starting to sound like XX. You and I have no more idea what's going on than the man in the moon.
I'm very confident that if Garland would sign for $3 million he would be already signed. I'm just as confident that the teams I mentioned would have to do major work to fit a $5 million Garland on their roster and would not be interested. You are free to think otherwise.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

f*** me. Well, he’s gone

EDIT: Very much trying to move him? Why? His contract demands can’t be that bad? I know they may think a small forward who plays hard may have a short life span but I can’t help to think he may turn into another Brad Marchand type player and we’re gonna be sitting here hoping the 1st we get for him turns into what he is now

I’d rather wait to see what BA actually does before hitting the panic button.

But it sounds like he’s going to build the team he wants without regard for what he has.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
1. Was asking a question legitimately.
2. Are you saying that you watch most of the games again or not?
3. That last point is complete nonsense.
I don't watch most of the games. I don't need to watch any games to know how the Cap works and that Tampa as an example would not clear out players that won them 2 Cups for $5 million Garland. The known entity is more valuable.

rt

May 13, 2004
I don't watch most of the games. I don't need to watch any games to know how the Cap works and that Tampa as an example would not clear out players that won them 2 Cups for $5 million Garland. The known entity is more valuable.
So the same thing applies to McDavid. Got it. Makes no sense.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm very confident that if Garland would sign for $3 million he would be already signed. I'm just as confident that the teams I mentioned would have to do major work to fit a $5 million Garland on their roster and would not be interested. You are free to think otherwise.
Trades happen all the time.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So the same thing applies to McDavid. Got it. Makes no sense.
Hahaha you really gonna compare Garland to McDavid in any meaningful way??? One has 96 career points and the other had 105 in his last 56 games!!!! Oh and the last one is a year younger.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Are you saying Tampa would not trade Johnson for Garland?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Trades happen all the time.
Really trying too hard here Jakey. But sure Tampa would probably be willing to trade you Johnson, Killorn, and Palat for Garland. Might be the only way they could do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad