Rumor: Conor Garland Contract / Trade Rumors (UPD: Coyotes are "very much trying to move")

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Blues fan coming in peace. Would like to have Garland on the Blues. He was a key guy in giving us fits when we played (and lost) to you guys last season

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
This come up before in this thread, but I wonder what the impact on ticket sales and viewership is of moving your one exciting player. Garland stands out even to casual fans the way Devin Booker does to me, and I can just barely watch basketball. Maybe it's a better long-term strategy to move him now and gain picks and prospects, but is it the right move for a team that struggles to gain interest?

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
This come up before in this thread, but I wonder what the impact on ticket sales and viewership is of moving your one exciting player. Garland stands out even to casual fans the way Devin Booker does to me, and I can just barely watch basketball. Maybe it's a better long-term strategy to move him now and gain picks and prospects, but is it the right move for a team that struggles to gain interest?

Nothing gains interest like winning.

Reactions: Jakey53 and RemoAZ

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I need to call BA and give him a piece of my mind.
if this is true.

If not and he is just too occupied with a lot of things 0r he wants to sign him later than its cool.
But trading him or not signing him? Good damnit, he is the most popular guy on the team.

Character sells a team.

Does anybody have BAs number?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Look, a rebuild is bloody. And painful. Garland’s age makes him easy to move. I hope they turn him into some good future assets and don’t move him just to clear space.

Reactions: LuckyNumber11

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Hoping against hope that this is all bullshit, but the Arizona Coyotes have never met, let alone exceeded my expectations. Of course, it makes too much sense that we're going to blow it all up again and build through the draft. Can't imagine our staff is there for any other reason. Of course knowing our luck 3 years from now we'll fire all of them and bring in someone to trade all our assets so we can win now.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3