Rumor: Conor Garland Contract / Trade Rumors (UPD: Coyotes are "very much trying to move")

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If we trade Garland and Dvorak I want each to return a top C or D prospect. I’ll be very frustrated if they don’t.

Edmonton fans seem open to Koskinen and 20th overall for Kuemper. I imagine they also want Garland. To help them fit Garland, I’d be willing to take Kassian. But I’d want that too C prospect coming back; Dylan Holloway.

To EDM
Kuemper(50%)
Conor Garland

To ARI
Holloway
20th overall
Koskinen
Kassian

Vancouver is reportedly looking hard for a center. I wonder if they’d do 9th overall for Dvorak.

New C depth:
9th-McTavish
20th-L’Heureux
Dylan Holloway
Barrett Hayton
Jan Jenik
John Farinacci

^ and maybe we FINALLY get a decent group of centers some day. Maybe.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I mean, if we’re going to trade Garland, we may as well trade Dvorak and Schmaltz too. I’d rather keep all three. But if Garland goes, what’s the point of hanging onto anyone with legit value that’s over 23?

To me, one of this names is not like the others. Dvorak and Garland are great. Chayka got roasted for the Schmaltz-contract, and I'm afraid the roasters were right. Trade him now or buy him out, I say- he is still really cheap to buy out.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Do you think BA may just be focusing on OEL and the Seattle expansion and draft? Is there a hurry to sign him?

I honestly don’t see how players would even want to be here if he trades Garland.. unless he is bad in the locker room or something.

There is a heck of a lot of stuff that needs to happen fairly quickly ..

If we are worried ...everyone should write BA and AM a letter...

Fans attending games are the most Important thing

Reactions: Edenjung

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Do you think BA may just be focusing on OEL and the Seattle expansion and draft? Is there a hurry to sign him?

I honestly don’t see how players would even want to be here if he trades Garland.. unless he is bad in the locker room or something.

There is a heck of a lot of stuff that needs to happen fairly quickly ..

If we are worried ...everyone should write BA and AM a letter...

Fans attending games are the most Important thing

BA has a vision of the type of team required to win a Cup. To achieve that vision, it's common that a team must sacrifice productive assets to gather the key pieces needed to build a championship team. It's also common for fans and teammates to express disgust when a popular player is moved, but it must be done.

I'm giving BA the benefit of the doubt for now.

We also need to be aware of cognitive biases such as the endowment effect, where something owned is valued more than an unbiased evaluation would suggest. In other words, if Garland was not a Coyote, what would you give up to acquire him?

Reactions: Kaizen

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I mean, if we’re going to trade Garland, we may as well trade Dvorak and Schmaltz too. I’d rather keep all three. But if Garland goes, what’s the point of hanging onto anyone with legit value that’s over 23?
We are getting a lot of mixed signals from everyone. GMBA said himself he wants the team to be fighting for a playoff spot next year, so trading our top players will not give us the result BA wants. I see no harm in putting every player we have out there to see what kind of response we get because you never know what or who comes available.I don't think any GM in NHL history has traded three or four of his five best players in on season, and I don't see it happening here.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
You don’t hire in BA and not assume the focus is on draft and development. This is why i have been so vocal about a rebuild.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You don’t hire in BA and not assume the focus is on draft and development. This is why i have been so vocal about a rebuild.
Most times when teams go into a rebuild their team has run it's course and it's time to gut the team and start over. It happens to all teams as you know, but we have a few good young pieces here, so I just can't see a full rebuild. Maybe BA is thinking we can cut a couple of years off the rebuild and keep a core of Keller, Chych, DVO and a few others. I don't know.:dunno:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Most times when teams go into a rebuild their team has run it's course and it's time to gut the team and start over. It happens to all teams as you know, but we have a few good young pieces here, so I just can't see a full rebuild. Maybe BA is thinking we can cut a couple of years off the rebuild and keep a core of Keller, Chych, DVO and a few others. I don't know.:dunno:
I think the core may be just Chychrun. Everything else on the table.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I don’t buy the Garland rumors. Pagnotta and the fourth period are a joke and sarvelli is just throwing shit out there because Garland had a decent season, was a very late round pick, has arbitration rights and is set to make some pay for a latter round pick.

I have to think BA is smart enough to see there’s more in Garland than there is in Keller or Schmaltz. If one of those three or even two of those three are being shopped, it’s not Garland.

Garland is intriguing right now because he doesn’t have a price tag that comes with him yet, both Keller and Schmaltz do and both of those are equally as bad.

Reactions: Edenjung and RemoAZ

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Pagnotta's tweet tells two different stories in as many sentences. I'm going to wait and see rather than Chicken Little.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I agree with this but not that he has to dump everyone to do it. He can focus on the draft and still adjust the roster to his liking at the same time.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad