Rumor: Conor Garland Contract / Trade Rumors (UPD: Coyotes are "very much trying to move")

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Are you saying Tampa would not trade Johnson for Garland?
I do not think they would if Garland gets a $5 million contract. I guess they could then trade him again??? Take a look at their lines and tell me where they fit a $5 winger.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
This is how your brain works?
It was your comparison?? Every team in the League clears the space for the best player in the world. At least a few would not do it for Garland.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
It's difficult to believe the two sides can't get a contract done. There must be something else at play here.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Really trying too hard here Jakey. But sure Tampa would probably be willing to trade you Johnson, Killorn, and Palat for Garland. Might be the only way they could do it.
Many teams are against the cap or close to it, but that doesn't mean most do not want Garland. We aren't talking a UFA signing, rather a trade. What's so hard to understand?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That's t
It was your comparison?? Every team in the League clears the space for the best player in the world. At least a few would not do it for Garland.
There is no use arguing with you. We know Garland is not a super star, but if a team can better their team by adding Garland they will do it, or at least try, and that includes the teams you mentioned.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
That's t

There is no use arguing with you. We know Garland is not a super star, but if a team can better their team by adding Garland they will do it, or at least try, and that includes the teams you mentioned.
Please take a look at Tampa's lines and explain to me where you put RW Garland at $5 million and make their team better? Then do Vegas. Then the Leafs. Tampa has Kucherov, Stamkos, Coleman, and Joseph at that position. Vegas has Stone, Smith, and Tuch. Leafs have Marner and Nylander and can barely afford to fill out the roster.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Trading Garland makes sense. Most valuable asset, not signed to any particular deal so teams can't beat you over the head with that. Not a center.

It's just very annoying and sends a very bad message to trade one of the three players that consistently put in the effort. Bonus shitty points for being one of the few homegrown Coyotes worth a damn.

Headcrush19

Jul 2, 2021
I could be wrong but I doubt our young core gets dealt.I think Garland stays.Everyone wants to robb us of our best players.Its typical of the crazy season.Just like all media puts us almost dead last in the standings,yet we always make them look bad with their dumb predictions!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I wonder if Kevyn Adams is crazy enough to offer Reinhart for Garland.

Would be less of a rebuild and more of a retool type move.
I would have no interest at all in that. It doesn’t accomplish anything. We don’t get younger. We don’t get a center or a defenseman and we don’t even get better.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I would have no interest at all in that. It doesn’t accomplish anything. We don’t get younger. We don’t get a center or a defenseman and we don’t even get better.
Reinhart played center down the stretch for Buffalo (as he should have been doing for 5-6 years now) and looked really good doing it. I get it though. Doesn't ideally fit our timeline.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Reinhart played center down the stretch for Buffalo (as he should have been doing for 5-6 years now) and looked really good doing it. I get it though. Doesn't ideally fit our timeline.
DVO is 25, so is Reinhart. Why wouldn't he fit our timeline?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad