Rumor: Conor Garland Contract / Trade Rumors (UPD: Coyotes are "very much trying to move")

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it

f*** me. Well, he’s gone

EDIT: Very much trying to move him? Why? His contract demands can’t be that bad? I know they may think a small forward who plays hard may have a short life span but I can’t help to think he may turn into another Brad Marchand type player and we’re gonna be sitting here hoping the 1st we get for him turns into what he is now

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

f*** me. Well, he’s gone

EDIT: Very much trying to move him? Why? His contract demands can’t be that bad? I know they may think a small forward who plays hard may have a short life span but I can’t help to think he may turn into another Brad Marchand type player and we’re gonna be sitting here hoping the 1st we get for him turns into what he is now

I f***ing hate this team sometimes haha
Like Coyotedroppings said, you are getting your panties in a bunch. GMBA will probably do something out of left field.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

f*** me. Well, he’s gone

I hate this team.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

HowlofRevel

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

f*** me. Well, he’s gone

Sweetener to take OEL. As soon as I read Pagnotta's first tweet I knew a high value player like Garland or Dvorak would be attached to OEL. Seattle has the most leverage against us and they don't have any shorter term bad contracts we can take back. BA seems hellbent to move OEL's contract. If Seattle is the only place that will take OEL without retention, seems we will pay the price to do so.

Maybe BA wants to get back into the 1st round from whatever picks Seattle stockpiles in side-deals, and attaching a heavy sweetener will get him there.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
If Garland goes and we don’t even get anything back that is exciting I swear to god

I mean, if Garland goes there will probably be 31 other teams inquiring. I can’t think of a single team wouldn’t want this guy. Chances are, we will get something exciting, but it won’t be a roster player and it will most likely be futures. So you’re gambling in hopes of getting the product Garland already provides. Seems like a moot point

Reactions: MIGs Dog

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I mean, if Garland goes there will probably be 31 other teams inquiring. I can’t think of a single team wouldn’t want this guy. Chances are, we will get something exciting, but it won’t be a roster player and it will most likely be futures. So you’re gambling in hopes of getting the product Garland already provides. Seems like a moot point
I’m thinking if we’re attaching Garland as a sweetener for a team like Seattle to take OEL without retention we won’t get shit back

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
It's apparent that Friedman and the rest of the media blowhards have no idea what is going to happen here in AZ, just like you and I. GMBA has been very tight lipped. All I hope is if he makes a move or moves it better be for value and not for some over the hill cap dumps.

Friedman is the best in the business and it’s not even close.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Are we talking $775K Garland or new contract Garland?? I can think of many who wouldn't be interested in new contract Garland.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

And with that….

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad