Speculation: Connor Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
The Flames are going to re-sign Hamonic.

Brodie for 2 seconds or a protected first is what I would want.

Reasonable ask, especially the 2 2nds. It does seem like Calgary has been shopping Brodie for a long time.

Is it really likely Brodie is dealt? He plays so well with Gio and wasn’t Calgary concerned with D depth? I know they brought Stone back in the fold but still.

Just seems to me the Flames would be better off with Brodie for another season/run this year

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I don't know what it would take for both clubs to make it work but with all the losses on the back end for the jets and with Buff possibly gone I would think about talking with Montreal about Weber.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I don't know what it would take for both clubs to make it work but with all the losses on the back end for the jets and with Buff possibly gone I would think about talking with Montreal about Weber.

Those talks wouldn’t last very long

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
No contract for next year diminishes Hamonic's value though. If this year is going to be a disaster for Winnipeg, just try to sign him next season with the cap space they'll have. No one is due for a big raise next season.
Brodie is UFA after this season as well. What’s the difference?
The difference is paying for a player more likely to extend and stay, ie. Hamonic, over one that isn’t, ie. Brodie!
Same age player, plus Hamonic is cheaper.
You just want the Jets to help you out of your cap issue by taking the player you don’t want to keep..... no thanks. We’ll take the player we want more.
It’s Hamonic or no deal.

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
No thanks.
I’d call the Blues, Canes, Flames, Isles, Bolts, ... well... pretty much everyone else before I considered Weber.

Reactions: Snowman

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Why? We aren’t going to win the cup this year or next year - by the time we are ready, Weber will be declined.

I will have to disagree on that point. Weber will be an important presence for our young defensemen coming. More than whatever value we can get out of trading him.

Also counter-productive that you argue that Habs are non-competitive + trade their first IMO. Let's keep the first, a team cannot possibly have too many prospects

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Who knows?

Weber holds infinity more value to the Habs then he would to the Jets. Safe to say Weber very likely retires a Hab at some point. Talks wouldn’t last long.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Montreal can keep all their players.

source.gif

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Brodie is UFA after this season as well. What’s the difference?
The difference is paying for a player more likely to extend and stay, ie. Hamonic, over one that isn’t, ie. Brodie!
Same age player, plus Hamonic is cheaper.
You just want the Jets to help you out of your cap issue by taking the player you don’t want to keep..... no thanks. We’ll take the player we want more.
It’s Hamonic or no deal.

Do you always assume that someone with a different view than you is a fan of the other team? I'd have thought the "WPG" in my username would've given it away.

I would only trade Roslovic for one of Brodie or Hamonic. None of Ehlers, Connor, or Laine.

Reactions: BatVader

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Do you always assume that someone with a different view than you is a fan of the other team? I'd have thought the "WPG" in my username would've given it away.

I would only trade Roslovic for one of Brodie or Hamonic. None of Ehlers, Connor, or Laine.
Sorry... jumping between multiple posts and trying to watch Spider-Man Far From Home at the same time..... my bad

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Weber holds infinity more value to the Habs then he would to the Jets. Safe to say Weber very likely retires a Hab at some point. Talks wouldn’t last long.
Possibly not, but we just don't know for sure. Anything is possible and any player can be traded, we've known that for some time.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Yikes, I think this is gonna be one of those threads I tell myself not to follow but then I will and then posters will make me mad and then I'll feel obligated to teach them that they don't know what they're talking about and it'll consume all my time and then I'll start to question whether or not I should keep coming here and what the longest run-on sentence I've ever written is and whether or not I can break that record.

I thought I was alone!

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Possibly not, but we just don't know for sure. Anything is possible and any player can be traded, we've known that for some time.

Sure possible........I could also win the lottery but I’m not counting on it.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Crazy to see hab fans saying no to this trade.

Yeah, how could we? It only stripe us of our captain, leader, our #1 D for a left winger when our depth is Tatar (57 points), Drouin (53 points), Byron (40 points), Lehkonen (28 points) and maybe Domi (72 points) if Poehling or Suzuki win a roster spot at C.

Seriously, what could go wrong for our team?

CountKong

Jun 5, 2018
Montreal can keep all their players.

source.gif

Context: Weber + 2021 1st for Conner. Many Jets posters gave a hard-pass on this trade.

Would a Byfuglien retirement change Jets fans minds? I see the value being in their favor (in a vacuum), Weber + likely lottery odds 1st. Is the concern that Weber will soon wear out/decline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad