Speculation: Connor Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
OP is assuming that Buff retires, so going along with that. Jets trade for no one and just ride it out to get a good pick and let our D prospects develop another year. If Buff walks there is too many holes to fill (three top 4 D and 2C) in one year so pointless and wast of assets trying. UFA Dman this summer is pretty good as well.

Pass on OP, rebuild year

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Zero point putting up trade proposals until a Buff decision is announced. No capspace until Laine/Connor are signed and Buff makes up his mind.

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
To Winnipeg: Shea Weber + 1st in 2021
To MTL: Kyle Connor

WPG needs D (Mod) MTL can get another high pick in 2020 before moving forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Brutal for both clubs. Value wise it’s off for Winnipeg and player wise it hurts Montreal’s ability to be competitive.

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
Brutal for both clubs. Value wise it’s off for Winnipeg and player wise it hurts Montreal’s ability to be competitive.
Good thing MTL doesn’t have to be competitive this year , still in a rebuild, which has been half assed so far- shipping out Weber and grabbing Connor and Lafreniere and not being stuck with a declining Shea Weber in 3 years when they are ready to win would be a smart move.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I don't think it's good for Montréal any way you slice it.

Before people start arguing Weber has negative value or something along those lines. He's a #1D and his AAV is relatively cheap. And he's valuable to our roster too. No need and no meaning to trade him at this point unless we're going full rebuild, which obviously isn't in Bergevin's cards.

And the value just isn't there.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Good thing MTL doesn’t have to be competitive this year , still in a rebuild, which has been half assed so far- shipping out Weber and grabbing Connor and Lafreniere and not being stuck with a declining Shea Weber in 3 years when they are ready to win would be a smart move.

Oh I’m not disagreeing but Bergevin wasn’t spending $3.5 million on Ben Chariot to tank the season.

I know that sounds tongue in cheek cause it’s Ben Chariot but my point is the Habs are spending to be as competitive as possible. I just don’t think MB is even thinking’s he’s in a rebuild

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Bergevin « My best trade is Without a doubt Subban for Weber » « This changed the culture of our hockey club »

Reactions: xFRaNK

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
Oh I’m not disagreeing but Bergevin wasn’t spending $3.5 million on Ben Chariot to tank the season.

I know that sounds tongue in cheek cause it’s Ben Chariot but my point is the Habs are spending to be as competitive as possible. I just don’t think MB is even thinking’s he’s in a rebuild

Chiarot is trash. If I wanted to tank that’s who I’d sign.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Hamonic makes a ton of sense for Winnipeg. They were on his short list when he wanted out of NY. Winnipeg could use him badly and Calgary moves Andersson up the depth chart.

The Flames are going to re-sign Hamonic.

Brodie for 2 seconds or a protected first is what I would want.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Chiarot is trash. If I wanted to tank that’s who I’d sign.

Again, I’m not disagreeing. I’m merely giving my opinion on what I believe is Bergevin’s prospective on where his roster is at.

I could be wrong and perhaps Chariot was brought in for depth so he could shop Weber or Petry for longer term assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad