Speculation: Connor Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Yikes, I think this is gonna be one of those threads I tell myself not to follow but then I will and then posters will make me mad and then I'll feel obligated to teach them that they don't know what they're talking about and it'll consume all my time and then I'll start to question whether or not I should keep coming here and what the longest run-on sentence I've ever written is and whether or not I can break that record.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Yikes, I think this is gonna be one of those threads I tell myself not to follow but then I will and then posters will make me mad and then I'll feel obligated to teach them that they don't know what they're talking about and it'll consume all my time and then I'll start to question whether or not I should keep coming here and what the longest run-on sentence I've ever written is and whether or not I can break that record.

I felt this comment in my soul.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
He would probably be a good fit. The only issue is if Buff really don’t come back and you’re Winnipeg, you want to hold on to that first round pick like your life depends on it, just in case your defense can’t hold it.

I wouldn’t want to trade any top rated prospects or roster players at this point for a one year solution either.

It’ll probably be around a second round pick and b- level prospect if it ever gets to that point and Calgary needs the cap space. Win-win (to some degree) for both teams

Reactions: jetsforever

Bond

May 10, 2012
Yeah, Brodie won't push the Jets over the top and Flames shouldn't trade him for a mediocre return. Is there a Kadri equivalent on the Jets?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I think both Hamonic and Brodie are reasonable options for the Jets to contemplate as top 4 RD, but we've been stuck on this before. Both sides can't figure out an overall trade that makes them happy. I prefer to move Hamonic over Brodie due to Brodie's chemistry with Gio and I think Hamonic fits the Jets better stylistically...

Flames will want full value for everything or will be happy to stand pat. Jets not interested in overpay/pay full value.

Buff's leave is a serious wrench in the situation though. But even if he stays, adding a RD to reduce the heavy lifting for him should be good, no?

Condolences to Jets fans. The Flames have had an off season they'd like to move on from, Jets fans have had two servings of bleh and are waiting in line for another.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
With the news of Big Buf contemplating retirement, Winnipeg may be desperate to acquire a defenseman. Columbus is in a position to present an offer sheet to Connor, and could leverage the threat of an offer sheet into a trade similar to how we acquired Brandon Saad in 2015.

To CBJ: Kyle Connor (signed long-term)

To WPG: David Savard + 2020 1st Rd Pick (protected, moves to 2021 if CBJ picks in top-10)

Columbus solves their top-6 LW hole and clears their logjam of defensemen, and Winnipeg frees up a lot of cap space to sign Laine comfortably while adding a steady stay-at-home RHD to replace Buf and Myers.

With appropriate adds (if necessary), could something like this work for both teams?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Don't worry, Flames fans feel the same way. If there was never another Flames/Jets thread, I'd die happy.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
I think I threw up a little in my mouth.

Why trade 164 games/year of stellar play for 50?

Thats what Treliving offered for Kadri.... Little puts up similar numbers on a similar contract.

Given Littles age and how desperate the jets are going to be for RD.... I would go brodie for little 1 for 1.

Also Brodie is on his last year of his deal and has been on the trading block for his last 3.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Thats what Treliving offered for Kadri.... Little puts up similar numbers on a similar contract.

Given Littles age and how desperate the jets are going to be for RD.... I would go brodie for little 1 for 1.

Also Brodie is on his last year of his deal and has been on the trading block for his last 3.
Kadri is 3 years younger, signed for 2 years shorter and has an AAV of about 700k less. Also, Kadri has shown multiple times he is capable of putting up 50+ points recently, Little hasn't done in since 2014-15.

Reactions: SmellOfVictory

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada

Little as a player is fine except he never plays full seasons.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Little as a player is fine except he never plays full seasons.
It's weird to claim this after he just played back to back full seasons and his 2 season with 50-some games are the only years in his career other than the lockout shortened season (where he played 48/48) and his rookie season (where he had 34 AHL games) that he played fewer than 70 games.

Reactions: FireChevy

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
:clap::clap::clap:

Reactions: RRenegade

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
May have to had a B prospect from Columbus, but i think that IF Big buff go out , this is a great trade

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
With the news of Big Buf contemplating retirement, Winnipeg may be desperate to acquire a defenseman. Columbus is in a position to present an offer sheet to Connor, and could leverage the threat of an offer sheet into a trade similar to how we acquired Brandon Saad in 2015.

To CBJ: Kyle Connor (signed long-term)

To WPG: David Savard + 2020 1st Rd Pick (protected, moves to 2021 if CBJ picks in top-10)

Columbus solves their top-6 LW hole and clears their logjam of defensemen, and Winnipeg frees up a lot of cap space to sign Laine comfortably while adding a steady stay-at-home RHD to replace Buf and Myers.

With appropriate adds (if necessary), could something like this work for both teams?

bvl0XCCkLdDVnKDgPVdENkSvpxw=.gif

The problems with this trade are more than one, but here's one:

If Buff retires, the Jets are below the cap floor without signing Connor and Laine. How is cap space an issue at that point?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
bvl0XCCkLdDVnKDgPVdENkSvpxw=.gif

The problems with this trade are more than one, but here's one:

If Buff retires, the Jets are below the cap floor without signing Connor and Laine. How is cap space an issue at that point?

Yeah if Buff retires we match any offer sheet that isnt 4 1sts. Dream on Columbus.

Reactions: Steeler23

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
The team will lose a lot of support if it is forced to go through another rebuild, and Chevy probably gets the boot. Buff going and leaving our D-corps bare is one thing, but the forward group with Laine and Connor is extremely strong. If we trade Laine and Connor for futures, we're back to 2012. Chevy probably knows this, so no trade will happen that makes us less competitive. Connor only goes for an equivalent D-man, not a package of picks and prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad