Player Discussion: Connor Hellebuyck

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Well Hellebuyck certainly outdueled Binnington tonight. Good to see. Hope he stays on his game now.

Reactions: Jets4Life

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Well Hellebuyck certainly outdueled Binnington tonight. Good to see. Hope he stays on his game now.
I wouldn't say outdueled, we probably had double the scoring chances, but he had an amazing game nonetheless. You can't win a cup without performances like that. Binnington was unreal as well, that game could have been a blow out. We had so many chances that were inches from going in.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Helle's had one bad game, Binnington's had one bad game.

Only real difference is Helle's bad game cost us the game, where as we would have won if Patrick Roy was in net the night Binnington had a bad game.

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
90% of the board still think it's a great contract and the few of us who said it was only one year where getting roasted cause if he played like that again he would get 8 a year

Last edited:

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
Binnington won the cup and the Blues only gave him 2 years. IMO you don't pay these goalies anything more than 5. What Florida did is gonna kill them

I still like Helly but not at his contract

Last edited:
Reactions: Board Bard

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Binnington won the cup and the Blues only gave him 2 years. IMO you don't pay these goalies anything more than 5. What Florida did is gonna kill them

I still like Helly but not at his contract
Disagree. Bob has proven himself over and over to be a top tier elite goaltender. It’s a lot, more than I’d pay, but if any goalie deserved it, I’d say it’s him.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Disagree. Bob has proven himself over and over to be a top tier elite goaltender. It’s a lot, more than I’d pay, but if any goalie deserved it, I’d say it’s him.
Until a goalie has won a Cup, he (Price and Bob) should not be paid more than other goalies in this league. Blackhawks' GM Stan Bowman certainly didn't prescribe to the craziness of Marc Bergevin and Dale Tallon in making the puck stopper his team's highest paid player.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Funny how some posters wrote off Hellebuyck after one game. Time to step off the ledge. No idea if Helle can weather the storm, and up his game to counter the depleted blue-line, but he certainly has earned a chance to prove it.

Reactions: Evil Little

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Funny how some posters wrote off Hellebuyck after one game. Time to step off the ledge. No idea if Helle can weather the storm, and up his game to counter the depleted blue-line, but he certainly has earned a chance to prove it.

To be fair, he wasn’t being written off after one game. He hasn’t looked good really since the Vegas series. However, he was fantastic last night. Great to see.

Reactions: Board Bard

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
To be fair, he wasn’t being written off after one game. He hasn’t looked good really since the Vegas series. However, he was fantastic last night. Great to see.

Hellebuyck played great hockey after the All Star Break 2019 until the end of the season. He was Vezina calibre through the month of March. Not sure why this false narrative exists that Hellebuyck had a mediocre year in 2018-19, but it is not true. He was above average in Wins, save percentage, and GAA. I'm tired of explaining it though..

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Hellebuyck played great hockey after the All Star Break 2019 until the end of the season. He was Vezina calibre through the month of March. Not sure why this false narrative exists that Hellebuyck had a mediocre year in 2018-19, but it is not true. He was above average in Wins, save percentage, and GAA. I'm tired of explaining it though..

He played half the season like an AHLer (or ECHLer) and half the season like an NHLer. Not much different from his NHL career in its entirety. The more consistency he has, the more doubts he will erase. Until then, he's fair game.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
He played half the season like an AHLer (or ECHLer) and half the season like an NHLer. Not much different from his NHL career in its entirety. The more consistency he has, the more doubts he will erase. Until then, he's fair game.

He's had half a bad season in two years. I'm not sure where this idea has come from that he's washed up. The stats would back up the fact that he's been better more than not.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
He's had half a bad season in two years. I'm not sure where this idea has come from that he's washed up. The stats would back up the fact that he's been better more than not.
Stats are a fools game when it comes to goalies, since almost all goalie stats are team stats (even save percentages, which don't account for quality shots, screens, rebounds, cleared rebounds, easy shots, etc, or most importantly, clutch play. Hellebuyck hasn't been consistently "clutch" in a couple of seasons. Last night he played absolutely excellent. Now, let's see him do that more consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad