Player Discussion: Connor Hellebuyck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Price has sucked for extended periods of time before, people know that, right?

In his 5th season (the same season Helle is currently in), he posted...... .916...…...wait a minute!!
Followed that up with a .905 gem, then went on a 4 year tear before forgetting how to play goal and posting a .900, bounced back the following year and is currently terrible.

He's a career .917 ffs.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Folding under pressure? In a regular season game in early January?

Come on man, your hot takes are getting into wet campfire territory, lol.

He had a **** game, nothing else to see.

I wouldn't say he 's folding under pressure either, but this was not Helly having a shit game, more like a shit 3 weeks..

Since Dec 10

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007

Fact is, the Jets are one of the worst defensive teams in the league and you should expect these results regardless of who's in net. When only two teams have a higher xGA/60 than you and both are lottery teams, you shouldn't expect to have success. The trend of selling out for offense lately is a selfish brand of hockey.

To have the lowest quality chances in the NHL buoyed by high shooting and giving up some of the best quality chances in the league is not how to play hockey.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I wouldn't say he 's folding under pressure either, but this was not Helly having a **** game, more like a **** 3 weeks..

Since Dec 10

He had a bad game last night, that's what is being referenced. Yeah, he's in a slump, shall we post his numbers prior to Dec 10? If this latest 10 game sample continues for another 10, then I'm worried...….but I'm not worried about that.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Folding under pressure? In a regular season game in early January?

Come on man, your hot takes are getting into wet campfire territory, lol.

He had a **** game, nothing else to see.

Toronto made him collapse like a cheap lawn chair.

He was too rattled to even do a post game interview to address his f***ing pathetic play in net.

Reactions: nhlpro

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Toronto made him collapse like a cheap lawn chair.

He was too rattled to even do a post game interview to address his ****ing pathetic play in net.

He doesn't need to do an interview.

He's the team MVP this season.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Its time for Brossoit to get a handful of starts to light a fire under helles ass again. He is coasting right now. The return of chill helle.

Good to see your post Objectiveposter -- I wasn't about to make any conclusions on what the Jets should do til I saw what you suggested. You haven't been around lately, and this is also one of the reasons, why the Jet's are slipping.

We need someone to tell it like it is, and keep this guys in line. Welcome back --your posts are needed !!!

I do agree -- Helle plays better with someone pressing him for start time. Get Brossoit in, as he was great last year, and maybe he'll get hot again, and send a little message to Helle.

Reactions: objectiveposter

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Its time for Brossoit to get a handful of starts to light a fire under helles ass again. He is coasting right now. The return of chill helle.
As much as I love “good” Helly, he is still at times overconfident, and his sallies behind the net leave me wondering if he has tried to emulate Berdin’s mercurial style, perhaps secretly afraid that his “just be square to the puck, big and position ally sound” is not always enough?
At any rate he will gain confidence in just standing tall and coming forward oud of the blue paint as time goes on..Competition with Brossoit is probably not something he even thinks of, given. Maurice’s habit of playing him after losses.
A lot of his problems are more in this than AHL defense IMHO. Still, he is still and can be a Vezina-capable goalie. I think he needs more confidence in his own style, as he has humor ously called it “big and boring”. Kudos to Helly for not being ashamed of that, and here’s hoping he takes that to the playoffs, tank threads and team standings aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad