Confirmed with Link: Connor Hellebuyck nominated for Vezina Trophy - Winner!

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Great to see, just great. How many games has he outright stolen or kept us in over the past three seasons?
The main game he stole that I can think of was the one against the Sharks (my local team). Sharks had something like 50 SOG but Jets ended up winning the game. I even recall someone on HFJets posting a video meme of a lady thief yelling "Start the car" as she runs...

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Congratulations to Connor and the folks who support him in the organization.
75FC9E4A-8879-482C-83C0-6D93BEEFED23.gif

When I heard the announcement :
4E55776B-2243-4802-8A87-7A7CCF99AD86.gif

Hope he can keep it up next year. I forecast that he will.
1895B373-0280-4B5D-997B-7FA4FA4A84AD.gif

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
This feels great! Really happy for Connor and @puck stoppa

“haters gonna hate”

-EK9
Thanks! Real happy for the tendy, he deserves it! He works hard on his craft and I knew after his rookie season that it was all the mental part and experience that he needed to improve as the physical part was stellar. I remember that fall in preseason when he didn't start great, the pitchforks were out and many wanted him cut lol. Im glad he's turned into the goalie we knew he could be. Lets win a cup with him now!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Thanks! Real happy for the tendy, he deserves it! He works hard on his craft and I knew after his rookie season that it was all the mental part and experience that he needed to improve as the physical part was stellar. I remember that fall in preseason when he didn't start great, the pitchforks were out and many wanted him cut lol. Im glad he's turned into the goalie we knew he could be. Lets win a cup with him now!

He will have his ups and downs like every tender but he is absolutely the right guy for this era. Vezina finalist and now a Vezina trophy winner all in the last 3 seasons. I realize this season sucked but having one of the top goalies in the world is a very important piece of the puzzle moving forward.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Ok I guess it takes a goalie to really get it :laugh:.

To your bolded statement above I just read Ates article this morning on our newly minted best in the NHL goalie and this one jumped out at me and made me smile (goalie whisperer):

Ates on Helly:
He attributes his success to improvements he’s made to his mental game.
“Every year you learn a little more about yourself and your game and you learn how to manage the roller coaster,” Hellebuyck said Monday night.
“I think the biggest and most important part is my mind and my mental game. It’s gotten a lot calmer. I only care about the things that I need to care about and I focus on the things I need to focus on, and I got some experience under the belt.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad