Confirmed with Link: Connor Hellebuyck nominated for Vezina Trophy - Winner!

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I could see Hellebuyck finishing as the runner up because too many voters just look at raw save percentage and end up voting for Rask. Of course, those same voters might look at raw Wins and determine that Hellebuyck deserve it because of that.

Hellebuyck should win it, but I'm not sure he will. Still, 4 years as a starter and at worst two runner-up finishes in Vezina voting. Not bad.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I could see Hellebuyck finishing as the runner up because too many voters just look at raw save percentage and end up voting for Rask. Of course, those same voters might look at raw Wins and determine that Hellebuyck deserve it because of that.

Hellebuyck should win it, but I'm not sure he will. Still, 4 years as a starter and at worst two runner-up finishes in Vezina voting. Not bad.

Helly will win because Western Bloc will all vote Helly, while Eastern Bloc votes will be split between Rask and Vassy. I mean, that's how these things work, right? :nod:

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
Helly will win because Western Bloc will all vote Helly, while Eastern Bloc votes will be split between Rask and Vassy. I mean, that's how these things work, right? :nod:

You are right, it's already as good as won!

I thought the voting already done though? I mean, everyone voted and now they announce the top 3 and then eventually they announce the order of the top 3..?

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
With that patch work D Bucky has done a fantastic job, might not win but he sure deserves it

c0ea05bbf5d8e0fc5c77bef0793e7e2eea3f66db.gifv

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

That dip to around GS==xG correspond to when people on HFJets started arguing that Hellebuyck would never be an above average starter. Hellebuyck at his absolute worst this season saved as many goals as expected. At all other times the entire season he was dragging the team kicking and screaming toward success.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I'm also iffy about Evolving-Hockey's methodology (as I keep seeing analysis based on their numbers that really surprise me), but I thought this was funny:

i6oKL2d.png

Sorted descending on GSAx.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Great news for a great goalie on the back of a great season in which he likely quadrupled his personal deadlift record carrying this bargain-bin revolving-door defence on his back while playing 3/4 or so (more? can't recall) of the games.

Unless the Vezina tiebreaker involves playing the puck from the crease I think he wins this easily.

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
Scenario 1: He doesn't win it. He gets mad, goes nuts in the playoffs. We win the Stanley Cup.
Scenario 2: He wins it. Builds even more confidence. We win the Stanley Cup.

lol. I still can't believe we are talking about hockey in July. This is insane. Oh well. Go Jets Go!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad