Confirmed with Link: Connor Hellebuyck nominated for Vezina Trophy - Winner!

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I held my peace on this when first announced.

Hellebuyck definitely had a great regular season so good on him for that.

But who cares if you're good in the regular season if you can't deliver the goods in the playoffs? Give me a Price being weak during the season then going into god mode in the play-ins/playoffs over a regular season Vezina any day.

Hellebuyck was fine in the series. He didn't have a standout game except maybe Game 2.

The awful PP (injuries had something to do with that), and only 6 goals in four games lost it.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Regency bias confirmed
220px-George_IV_van_het_Verenigd_Koninkrijk.jpg

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Helle covered a crappy team in front of him and got them a shot at playoffs. Thats Vezina worthy, imo.

Reactions: nhlpro

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I just want to say, that while I’m sure he wished he played a bit better as well as all of us, we can only give up so many high danger chances before it comes back to bite us regardless.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
When you look at some of the performances that these playoff keepers are putting up, it makes you say to your self, why couldn't our Vezina calibre keeper look like that for a couple of play-in games?

Reactions: Adam da bomb

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
When you look at some of the performances that these playoff keepers are putting up, it makes you say to your self, why couldn't our Vezina calibre keeper look like that for a couple of play-in games?

Maybe they should've scored more than 6 goals in 4 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad