Confirmed with Link: Connor Hellebuyck nominated for Vezina Trophy - Winner!

None

Feb 22, 2012
Voting looks closer than it is because of the weighted voting but he had 2/3 of the 1st place votes and that's big.

I wonder which GM gave Binnington the 3rd place vote, maybe Jim Benning or Jim Rutherford as a joke?

Also congrats, well deserved. The Jets would not have been where they were without his play.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
20200922_072806.jpg

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
When your goalie wins the Vez and you can’t even make the playoffs it shows how far away your team really is :(

But congrats Helly you beast

Jets have some things to do...

Helle' can't do it alone...

But it's nice to think what could be if Chevy and True North can get some talent here through free agency to help us right away...

:popcorn:

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Hellebuyck had an awful series against Vegas. VGK's aggressive forecheck was tough to play against too and was the style of opposition play that had given them the most problems all that season, but the Jets dominated for long stretches and would finally put one past Fleury only to have Hellebuyck cough up a terrible turnover and get scored on 2 minutes later. It happened a couple of times and just completely demoralized the whole team. If the goals were a little easier to come by for the Jets, I think they would've won the series in the end, but the combination sank them psychologically.
Yep - that's how I saw that series as well. Also, I think Helle was just out of gas by that series (WCF).

Reactions: SLAYER

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->