News Article: CONFIRMED: No suspension for PK Subban

habshockey24*

Maybe next game Ottawa goon Kyle Turris will go after P.K.......Subban already gave him 1 beatdown.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
This thing is getting out of hand. It's been dealt with, can't we all move on?

The irony here is it was in 2013 when Eller was hurt it was Therrien and the Canadiens who were losing their cool. Now it's the Sens. Like them play emotional and focused on payback, the Habs can just focus on playing hockey instead.
That's how we've been able to beat the Bruins for so many years. Let the Sens goon it up, and we'll just take the PPs and bury.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
anyone else see ottawas board saying how they hope we can win with tokarski its quite sad really

well, they run Carey, the intent is now there in the refs mind thanks to Cameron's comments last night. He said it, the intent is there. It'll get called.

I doubt they'll run Carey anyways. It's all talk.

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
So is Stone back for game 2?

Probably. If he wasn't they would have ruled him out immediately to put pressure on the NHL to suspend Subban. If they did that they wouldn't be able to dress him on Friday though. They're playing the "day to day" "game time decision" lines to try and get more out of the NHL.

Its the playoffs, everyone is day to day, until the drop of the puck.

24Cups

Aug 2, 2005
Interim Coach Cameron looked like an absolute psycho during the post-game interview. That and his blow-ups behind the bench at his team (especially in the last Toronto game) suggest to me he is not long for the favor of his players. His schtick will run thin over the course of a year.

Knuckles30

Jul 4, 2006
I wish Subban had come out quoting Bobby Clarke today:

"If I hadn't learned to lay on a two-hander once in a while, I'd never have left Flin Flon."

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
84296504-Eugene-Melnyk-Getty.jpg

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
I'd be very surprised if Stone doesn't play game 2, it's probably just more b.s. from Sens

It's pretty clear what they were trying to do last night after the game and this morning. Usually players keep their injuries for themselves and reveal it once their season is over. Maybe he thinks the series is already over. Poor kid.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Lol, Sens GM says he still objects to Gryba's penalty from 2 years ago for hitting Eller in the head, because : "It was a hockey play gone bad". Add to that his crying over PK's "threats".

You know, I was really pissed at Subban for his slash. I still am. But Sens GM's and coach's attitude don't make me feel bad we got away with this if Stone isn't coming back.

Hypocrites.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Let's not be too giddy about getting a player hurt. If the tables were turned we'd be screaming bloody murder.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Lol, Sens GM says he still objects to Gryba's penalty from 2 years ago for hitting Eller in the head, because : "It was a hockey play gone bad". Add to that his crying over PK's "threats".

You know, I was really pissed at Subban for his slash. I still am. But Sens GM's and coach's attitude don't make me feel bad we got away with this if Stone isn't coming back.

Hypocrites.

We're not getting away with anything. A major and a game penalty is more than enough, even too much in my opinion. A suspension for that would have been laughable.

bhuya71

Jun 14, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
2 HUGE things that aren't really noticed or mentioned by many which shows this had no malicious intent. It was a dumb reckless play

1. Subban turns his head as his slash finishes thus he doesn't realize where he makes contact.

This is important because

2. Stone takes a stride during the slash this getting his arm in the initial slash region as opposed to his stick which is what PK was obviously aiming for.

It was dumb but definitely not intentional. He looked away as he tried to slash his stick n stone kinda skated away causing contact w his arm instead of the intended stick

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
That's how we've been able to beat the Bruins for so many years. Let the Sens goon it up, and we'll just take the PPs and bury.

We won't get any PPs against the Sens, though. They goon it up and the habs get penalties. Big, slow, goon defencemen are a protected species.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
2 HUGE things that aren't really noticed or mentioned by many which shows this had no malicious intent. It was a dumb reckless play

1. Subban turns his head as his slash finishes thus he doesn't realize where he makes contact.

This is important because

2. Stone takes a stride during the slash this getting his arm in the initial slash region as opposed to his stick which is what PK was obviously aiming for.

It was dumb but definitely not intentional. He looked away as he tried to slash his stick n stone kinda skated away causing contact w his arm instead of the intended stick
Great analogy...Murray looking for justice...wow, so are we, on Chara and the Max incident, but it's just never gonna happen...
Hard hockey play gone bad....

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
It's pretty clear what they were trying to do last night after the game and this morning. Usually players keep their injuries for themselves and reveal it once their season is over. Maybe he thinks the series is already over. Poor kid.

I brought this up on the main board because I legit don't remember a team releasing injury info like that in the playoffs. People freaked out and said that it was released because it was so obvious, which makes no sense because even obvious concussions are described as "upper body injury" this time of year.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world

Davebo*

I brought this up on the main board because I legit don't remember a team releasing injury info like that in the playoffs. People freaked out and said that it was released because it was so obvious, which makes no sense because even obvious concussions are described as "upper body injury" this time of year.

They are painting themselves into a corner. I bet the sens management wishes stone had drawn the penalty with a little less histrionics, and a bit more stoicism. Now they have to craft an elaborate song and dance over how this is the worst play in the history of hockey. Over a slash. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad