News Article: CONFIRMED: No suspension for PK Subban

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Technically he got a one game suspension, but the media are all too stupid to mention that. Gee I hope Stone regains the use of his right hand :rolleyes:

Now that Cameron has premeditated his intent to injure, it can only get better for Montreal. If the Sens do anything stupid, they will suffer a much bigger punishment after his comments.

phoque taupe

May 15, 2010
Montréal
iKwzZzL.jpg

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
Technically he got a one game suspension, but the media are all too stupid to mention that. Gee I hope Stone regains the use of his right hand :rolleyes:

Now that Cameron has premeditated his intent to injure, it can only get better for Montreal. If the Sens do anything stupid, they will suffer a much bigger punishment after his comments.

Well a half game suspension really, and when you think about it, they do mention it - just not in the form you want. Instead of calling it a 1 game (1 half game) suspension, they simply say he was expulsed from the game.

EDIT: oh wow, the star wars gif is amazing.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You see these kinds of slashes almost every game...........but because it's Subban, it's a big deal??

Reckless by PK, but no intent to injure...

Or maybe as some would say, a hard hockey play...;)

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
Nice

But the target he already had on his back just doubled in size

Perfect. Let them get pissed, let them try for the hit any time they think they can get it. Forechecker over-commits to hitting him, he spins off them as per his style, easy breakout.

There's good and bad to everything, and we've seen the negative aspect of that slash (the 5 minutes and the misconduct), that's done and over with. Now we get the good aspect (them being idiots and focusing more on revenge than playing hockey). We've seen how this works before, it's why we've handed the Bruins their ass over the years, they have no mental fortitude, and we're about to see if this Sens group is cut from the same cloth. Based on Cameron's comment, it would seem that they are

skipp18

Oct 18, 2006
Montreal
I am 100% confident in this statement:

If the roles were reversed and Stone slashed Subban and PK rolled around on the ice there would have been 2 minutes on Stone or perhaps no penalty at all and Subban would have got 2 minutes for diving.

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
Any word on criminal charges? It was determined on the main board this morning that it was a clear criminal assault.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
And no fine to Cameron ...

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 5m5 minutes ago

No fine for Cameron. Emotional week in Ottawa and some understanding for that. But there will be warnings about vigilante justice.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I think as a Sens fan that the refs were poor all night. Was it the right call? Personally, I think it was vicious and unnecessary. I like Mark Stone as one would expect and there is nothing about him that states he is an embellisher. As a matter of fact, the talk this morning is he is getting an MRI and not at practice.

How do you protect the integrity of the game though? That is what I am worried about and don't want hockey to turn into soccer. Do we want everyone on the ice writhing in pain and returning? The optics certainly weren't very good. I know that getting hit like that hurts like bleeding hell, as Kypros says, he felt that reaction was completely believable. But we also don't want another Mike Ribeiro.

It was not the right call on the ice. I would rather a 2 minutes for the slash, and suspend the player after a review and injury report. This way moving forward the integrity of the game is not put into question, nor the player.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
I think as a Sens fan that the refs were poor all night. Was it the right call? Personally, I think it was vicious and unnecessary. I like Mark Stone as one would expect and there is nothing about him that states he is an embellisher. As a matter of fact, the talk this morning is he is getting an MRI and not at practice.

How do you protect the integrity of the game though? That is what I am worried about and don't want hockey to turn into soccer. Do we want everyone on the ice writhing in pain and returning? The optics certainly weren't very good. I know that getting hit like that hurts like bleeding hell, as Kypros says, he felt that reaction was completely believable. But we also don't want another Mike Ribeiro.

It was not the right call on the ice. I would rather a 2 minutes for the slash, and suspend the player after a review and injury report. This way moving forward the integrity of the game is not put into question, nor the player.

Do you think it deserved a suspension?

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal

I'm on mobile so I'm not sure if you're a Sens fan or not but if so, of course you'd want our best defenseman suspended.

Also, while your post is nice and is not a troll attempt (at least I don't see it), I'm not sure it's a good idea to post here during the playoffs. I know the main board is a cesspool but yeah...

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Do you think it deserved a suspension?

I think that as rule 61 is setup, if the slash injures the player, it is a game misconduct. My point is I would rather have the diagnosis first to follow through with the call.

I think it was a dirty play, the puck nowhere near the play and it looked to me like Subban knew what he was doing. Slashes happen all the time, but can't recall the last time someone was hurt.

EDIT: looks like he does have a fracture. Not good regardless of what team you are rooting for and certainly changes the whole argument. I think the NHL PLayer Safety would have suspended him with this info for Game 2 if he been given 2 minutes.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Subban didn't deserve to be thrown out, but yes he commited a penalty and injured Stone. It happens and it's unfortunate but it doesn't mean the slash was dirtier than it was. Guys like Krieder and Keith cross far worse lines regularly and don't have the reputation Subban has.

I have some sympathy for Stone - I fractured my toe last week, it hurt like a ****, and like Stone I tried to just walk it off since you don't know the severity without an xray, but it happens. I tripped in the shower and fractured my toe, all it takes is getting hit at the wrong place.

I wish him a healthy recovery but it doesn't change the fact that these things happen in hockey, and I've seen far dirtier plays regularly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad