Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Slashes always happen in hockey...except when the person slashing is PK Subban

Then it's attempted murder

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
I've always been a defenceman because nobody else wanted to do it, so I got to play more....

Anyways, slashing someone's stick when they don't have the puck is still something you do for three reasons

1) Some guys barely hold their sticks when they don't have possession, knock the stick away then just push them away when they go down to pick it up.

2) I'm tying up their stick so they can't get the deflection they want, or moving their stick when I think he's about to get the puck.

3) It's very annoying being a forward and every two seconds having to try your hold stick steady while some ******* defenceman keeps knocking it up and down. :laugh: Its distracting, annoying, irritating, it throws people off their game.

You're not trying to hit them on the hand or break their stick. But its hockey, **** happens.

I get it but it still looks worse away from the puck. I think it's much ado about nothing

Lorty

May 7, 2013
I get it but it still looks worse away from the puck. I think it's much ado about nothing

No, it looks worse because he got hurt. That's all.

Do you remember this slash from Taylor Hall? I didn't, and you probably don't.

slash.gif

Imagine if that was Subban, against a "so loved" Senators player. Oh boy! Now imagine if the player was badly injured... my godness.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If it had been Chara that slashed Stone, we wouldn't have even been talking about it..........

If it was Chara people would all agree that he never meant to injure anyone, bad spot, these things happen, unfortunate result to a hockey play yadda yadda.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If it was Chara people would all agree that he never meant to injure anyone, bad spot, these things happen, unfortunate result to a hockey play yadda yadda.

Or if it was Shea Weber, it would more evidence as to how difficult and tough it is to play against him

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Or if it was Shea Weber, it would more evidence as to how difficult and tough it is to play against him
Or Pronger, Chelios, etc. I would actually like it if Subban made this kind of nastiness a regular part of his game. The thing is, he needs to balance it with legit snarl instead of his melodrama and high-strung incredulity.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If it had been Chara that slashed Stone, we wouldn't have even been talking about it..........

If Chara slashed Stone, Stone would be apologizing for not being hurt enough, and hoping that Chara wouldn't try to kill him for showing him up by persevering.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad