News Article: CONFIRMED: No suspension for PK Subban

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
You may want to check the main board thread.

Also apparently there are a lot of MDs on Habs fans after a quick check up on google (and not even scholar.google). Just a quick note for people: Microfracture is an injury. There is also a surgery technique called microfracture because it artificially creates that kind of injury.

It's all quite embarrassing really. Why can't we just be glad that Subban was not suspended and the Habs are up 1-0, and leave it at that?

Cause then we wouldn't have enlightening opinions such as yours posted in this thread. How would that be fun?

:sarcasm:

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
You may want to check the main board thread.

Also apparently there are a lot of MDs on Habs fans after a quick check up on google (and not even scholar.google). Just a quick note for people: Microfracture is an injury. There is also a surgery technique called microfracture because it artificially creates that kind of injury.

It's all quite embarrassing really. Why can't we just be glad that Subban was not suspended and the Habs are up 1-0, and leave it at that?

Where is the main board?

Murky

Jan 28, 2006
Okay? Go cheer for someone else then man we don't care if you like the Habs anymore.

Actually, I don't really care if you care. However I have been a fan for a long time. I have my old seat from The Forum etc. It would be a bit tough to change teams at my age.

Does it hurt your feelings when there is a limit to my homerism?

I love the Habs. I don't really need to like all the fans like you don't need to like me. :)

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Lost in all this is that Mark Stone went to Bryan Murray or Dave Cameron crying that Subban threatened him.

:biglaugh:

Go play ****ing cricket.

Murky

Jan 28, 2006
Post just one example of someone condoning it. This is a strawman.

If you want me to post a direct quote I don't think I can. However if you do read the thread it's quite obvious that many people think this is a normal hockey play and everyone should just move on. I would say that is condoning it as part of the game. YMMV

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I agree. The dumb thing to do would be to try and go after us, because the NHL and the refs are likely watching this series very closely now with Game 1s events/Cameron's comments in the books.

I'm all for some extra physicality and intensity, but if Ottawa turns this series ugly, they're only hurting themselves.

Yeah but if there is a blowout from one side or the other you can bet that **** is going to go down. Let's say the Habs lead by 4 goals at the start of the 3rd next game then...get your pop corn ready.

If games stay close in score than the chances of all hell breaking loose are reduced by quite a lot imho.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
If you want me to post a direct quote I don't think I can. However if you do read the thread it's quite obvious that many people think this is a normal hockey play and everyone should just move on. I would say that is condoning it as part of the game. YMMV

I have read the thread in question and everybody says its either a minor penalty, a major penalty, or suspension worthy, with most posters leaning toward major penalty. Is there any reason why we shouldn't move on though? The right punishment was given and the victim has an obscure injury that hardly registers on google.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
We should give Subban a standing ovation like the Bruins fans did for Chara after he tried to murder Patches.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
"My player is blameless. If you want someone to blame look at Player 61 on your team"

*strokes mustache stupidly*

A minor or a double minor would have been better IMO because Stone came back almost immediately, but from how he acted after it happened I understand the major.

Murky

Jan 28, 2006
I have read the thread in question and everybody says its either a minor penalty, a major penalty, or suspension worthy, with most posters leaning toward major penalty. Is there any reason why we shouldn't move on though? The right punishment was given and the victim has an obscure injury that hardly registers on google.
We should move on, like you said, and I agree. I also think that the punishment was right.

The injury is not obscure and it only appears such because some loud Habs fans fail google as well as common sense.

There are also plenty of comments like "hockey is a violent sport" in there. We have a different take on condoning apparently. I for example condone tripping a player if it would be a breakaway otherwise, even if it is a penalty. I do not condone two handed slashes and even less so when the puck is nowhere near the player being slashed. But we may want agree to disagree.

Habitant by heart

Nov 18, 2012
I hope Stone survives the micro-injury.

Just talked to a friend of mine (med student). He said the only way to see a microfracture is to do a "scintillation" test and a normal X-Ray wouldn't be able to show it well.

It consists of injecting a substance that binds itself to areas of the body that is regenerating fast (microfractures, microtrauma) and you get a scan of spots that are well illuminated, which means that it is healing. If you see spots on this test that you didn't see on the X-Ray, usually is a microtrauma/microfracture.

Only problem with this test is that you have to wait 24 hours to get this test done, if not the results aren't reliable.

So even the doctors on Sens' side are stupid. :help: (been approx 12 hours)

Just trying to get Subban suspended.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
So Bryan Murray is disturbed by the threats Subban uttered to Stone before the actual slash but Cameron in his press conference yesterday mentions that Sens might have to go and slash Canadiens top players and get a 5min major......ummmmm?? Talk about contradicting yourself!!

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Just talked to a friend of mine (med student). He said the only way to see a microfracture is to do a "scintillation" test and a normal X-Ray wouldn't be able to show it well.

It consists of injecting a substance that binds itself to areas of the body that is regenerating fast (microfractures, microtrauma) and you get a scan of spots that are well illuminated, which means that it is healing. If you see spots on this test that you didn't see on the X-Ray, usually is a microtrauma/microfracture.

Only problem with this test is that you have to wait 24 hours to get this test done, if not the results aren't reliable.

So even the doctors on Sens' side are stupid. :help:

Just trying to get Subban suspended.
Nice post, you should send this to tsn690 so they can read it on air!!

RealCity

Nov 14, 2008
MontREAL
We should give Subban a standing ovation like the Bruins fans did for Chara after he tried to murder Patches.

Bruins fans are all up in arms about the PK slash from last night...but spearing someone in the nuts (numerous times), slew foots, and throwing cheap ass sucker punches (Thonton on Orpik)?

Totally acceptable...because it's them.

We completely broke their spirit last year in the playoffs, and they never recovered. Now the team is being blown up.

Last edited by a moderator:

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Bruins fans are all up in arms about the PK slash from last night...but spearing someone in the nuts (numerous times), slew foots, and throwing cheap ass sucker punches (Thonton on Orpik)?

Totally acceptable...because it's them.

We completely broke their spirit last year in the playoffs, and they never recovered. Now the team is being blown up.

F-ck them.

Exactly. All fans are hypocrites or rationalizers at least, Bruins' fans abuse the privilege.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I haven't posted here in a while, but anybody who condones what Subban did is nothing more than a homer who condones violence and bad sportsmanship. Subban should have additional judgements against him. This type of stuff has to be nipped in the bud.

Last year's playoffs it was Stamkos. Who next? Try running into Ben Bishop again like Prust did earlier in the year. Unfortunately hockey is in a sad state in Montreal when it now boils down to trying to injure other teams players.

Players like Jean Beliveau would be disgusted and is probably rolling over in his grave.

Why don't you go buy a freaking tutu?

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005

Chara has played long enough to see his President's Trophy team being upset, followed by not making the playoffs. Next step for him: trade, waivers, or retirement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad