Value of: 3rd overall pick

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It really depends on how they feel about lindstrom/Demidov

And if they willing to risk both potentially being gone
I think they are willing to risk it given that Tij Iginla / Catton are very good players in their own right. After Celebrini, i don't think the next 8 picks are cut and dry. Teams may opt for the highly regarded dmen in this draft.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think they are willing to risk it given that Tij Iginla / Catton are very good players in their own right. After Celebrini, i don't think the next 8 picks are cut and dry. Teams may opt for the highly regarded dmen in this draft.
Ya it really depends on how the team sees the field…. And how high they are on guys like catton and iginla vs Demidov and lindstrom

Also the chance that Chicago takes leveshunov, ducks go off the board, columbus takes lindstrom and leaves Demidov for Montreal

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Ya it really depends on how the team sees the field…. And how high they are on guys like catton and iginla vs Demidov and lindstrom

Also the chance that Chicago takes leveshunov, ducks go off the board, columbus takes lindstrom and leaves Demidov for Montreal
I can see a potential outcome where the Habs select Silayev/Lev (whoever they think is the best Dman in the draft) and trade Guhle for a top-6 under-23 forward. Its not ideal as Guhle is the Habs most developed young dman and is currently a top-4 dman.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think if Anaheim can add one of Lindstrom, Demidov, for Lubshunov, they should do it. Especially Lubshunov after they traded Drysdale.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd offer Marner for it assuming he'd waive and sign an extension. Anaheim would be adding to it though.

Maybe the 3rd + Zegras for Marner as a base.
That's delusional.

Hey, if he signs a 8 x 8M extension- maybe(probably not even then), but we all know that he is going to want north of 11M. Giving up the 3rd and all that ELC cap space, as well as Zegras - that's terrible for ANA.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
It would be a risk with the contract but I would do that if I could guarantee Yakemchuk would be there at 9.

Who would Calgary want at 3?
I'd want Demidov we desperately need a center prospect and are lacking skill

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The only thing that would make sense is a RHD in the same realm that they would get at 3 but more NHL ready or even in the NHL.

Basically Jiricek.

I can't think of anyone other than Jiricek. Tough to come up with names of young RHD who are good enough to justify moving a top 3 pick, who also have any shred of possibility to be traded. I'm not saying Jiricek is likely to be moved either, but at least his name has been floated around a bit. Most young RHD of that quality are just simply untouchable

Jiricek is still quite raw at this point. I wouldn't say he is NHL ready. He has to get significantly stronger through his core and legs to add stability to his movements. If he gets there then his upside is huge. But we're at the bambi stage with him now. It hurts his execution in all aspects.

The problem, at least from his statements earlier in the year, is that he thinks he is NHL ready. Maybe he's been humbled a bit, I don't know.

If the Ducks want a more ready player then I don't think that would be Jiricek. But there's a chance they just like him more than Levshunov. Lev is the much better skater but Jiricek does a lot of things better. Lev has a good shot but a somewhat basic offensive game, while Jiricek has a great shooting and passing arsenal and more overall sense in both ends, in my opinion. Both need a couple years.

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
If Verbeek traded #3 and Zegras for Marner, I would personally drive over to Honda Center and commit seppuku in the parking lot.

Reactions: Boo Boo and Static

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
If Verbeek traded #3 and Zegras for Marner, I would personally drive over to Honda Center and commit seppuku in the parking lot.
I could easily see PV trading Zegras but Marner is the exact opposite of the type of player that he would be looking for.

Reactions: Trojans86

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Center right, has heavy priority over a winger
The point wasn't who would be first or the value of a position. The point was that if that was his projection there would be a discussion about it. The most used comp for Celebrini is Toews. If you had the chance to select either Toews or Kucherov, you're telling me it would be slam dunk Toews? That's ridiculous. And that's why the comparison to Kucherov and Panarin are ridiculous.

Ledge And Dairy

I think that is very possible (not probable) but it is definitely a minority viewpoint at this time.
I don't think that's a minority view at all. Levshunov is widely viewed as the best defenseman in the draft, fills a positional need, and generally speaking fits Davidson's MO a lot more than Demidov. Also very worth noting that none of Korchinski, Vlasic, Rinzel, or Del Mestro seem like true offensive dynamo's so getting that PP1 QB could be important. Also next year's draft is pretty forward heavy and they will likely have a top 5 pick again. Lastly Davidson has only drafted 1 Russian with and that's Roman Kantersov, whereas he's drafted quite a few central European players so far

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad