Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
How long did you have to wait in the queue? I got on at 10:30 out of curiosity and all 3 games were completely gone with maybe the exception of small numbers of single tickets.

It was about 10:15 when I finally got to the front of the queue. I had logged in around 9:30 and was 2000th in line when the queue opened at 10.

My boss just told me that there's a ton of resale tickets available.

Last edited:

NHLgame

Apr 19, 2019
Hi everyone. What song played at the end of the match when team handshakes on this video start listening 1.01 ?

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Hi! Dont know better place to ask these things, if they dont belong here, moderators delete this message.

Next season trying to make a dream come true and planning a trip to the Columbus and of course see game in Nationwide. How much tickets cost for a decent place? Google is a friend but its giving pretty much different prices. Easyest ways to move around the city? Good hotels near the Nationwide or is it better to use airbnb? Weather in Columbus at winter? Any tips are welcome. Thanks!

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Hi! Dont know better place to ask these things, if they dont belong here, moderators delete this message.

Next season trying to make a dream come true and planning a trip to the Columbus and of course see game in Nationwide. How much tickets cost for a decent place? Google is a friend but its giving pretty much different prices. Easyest ways to move around the city? Good hotels near the Nationwide or is it better to use airbnb? Weather in Columbus at winter? Any tips are welcome. Thanks!

Very excited for you. It's great that Columbus can be a destination for hockey fans. I'm not sure of how much time you are spending here, but I would consider renting a car at least a day or so. It's easier to explore the city like going up to the Zoo, or Easton Mall/Polaris Mall areas or OSU campus. Some fun 1/2 day trips include the Air Force Museum in Dayton and the Hocking Hills area. If you don't rent a car, you can easily take Uber or Shuttle from the airport to downtown and there is a free Bus that circulates the downtown area to get between German Village up to Short North areas (lots of different food, bars/pubs, brewpubs, restaurants along the route). Weather depends on when you are coming. October should have some great Fall weather (jacket weather), November-February generally gets cold and gray, March starts to warm up again.

Hotels around Arena district usually start around $150US per night including taxes and go up from there. You can usually find decent hotel rooms closer to airport or up north at the Polaris Mall area for under $100. I don't know what B&B options there are in Columbus, but I've had good experiences in other cities/countries.

Game tickets should cost around $110 for Lower Level Seats and around $60 for upper level Center Ice. I think the cheapest seats are around $35 upper level behind goals. The prices may adjust a little up or down depending on if it is a weekend game vs weeknight game or if it's versus a popular opponent like Chicago or Pittsburgh.

Here's information on the Free Columbus Bus Circular (again, it covers the popular downtown areas like German Village/Brewery District, Arena District, Short North): CBUS – COTA

Columbus zoo: Columbus Zoo and Aquarium - Home
Easton Mall: Easton | Shopping, Dining, Living, Entertainment | Columbus, OH
German Village Society - 588 S 3rd St, Columbus, OH 43215
The Art and Soul of Columbus | Short North, Columbus Ohio
Arena District
Columbus Craft Breweries | Columbus Restaurants
National Museum of the USAF
Hocking Hills Park
Things to Do In Columbus | The Ohio State University

Last edited:

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Very excited for you. It's great that Columbus can be a destination for hockey fans. I'm not sure of how much time you are spending here, but I would consider renting a car at least a day or so. It's easier to explore the city like going up to the Zoo, or Easton Mall/Polaris Mall areas or OSU campus. Some fun 1/2 day trips include the Air Force Museum in Dayton and the Hocking Hills area. If you don't rent a car, you can easily take Uber or Shuttle from the airport to downtown and there is a free Bus that circulates the downtown area to get between German Village up to Short North areas (lots of different food, bars/pubs, brewpubs, restaurants along the route). Weather depends on when you are coming. October should have some great Fall weather (jacket weather), November-February generally gets cold and gray, March starts to warm up again.

Hotels around Arena district usually start around $150US per night including taxes and go up from there. You can usually find decent hotel rooms closer to airport or up north at the Polaris Mall area for under $100. I don't know what B&B options there are in Columbus, but I've had good experiences in other cities/countries.

Game tickets should cost around $110 for Lower Level Seats and around $60 for upper level Center Ice. I think the cheapest seats are around $35 upper level behind goals. The prices may adjust a little up or down depending on if it is a weekend game vs weeknight game or if it's versus a popular opponent like Chicago or Pittsburgh.

Here's information on the Free Columbus Bus Circular (again, it covers the popular downtown areas like German Village/Brewery District, Arena District, Short North): CBUS – COTA

Columbus zoo: Columbus Zoo and Aquarium - Home
Easton Mall: Easton | Shopping, Dining, Living, Entertainment | Columbus, OH
German Village Society - 588 S 3rd St, Columbus, OH 43215
The Art and Soul of Columbus | Short North, Columbus Ohio
Arena District
Columbus Craft Breweries | Columbus Restaurants
National Museum of the USAF
Hocking Hills Park
Things to Do In Columbus | The Ohio State University

Wow what an aswer thanks! Have been CBJ over 10years other guys is penguis,blackhawks,red wings,capitals fans. Havent met many CBJ fans in Finland... I have always been interested about USA and specially about Columbus. Tryed to find a way to move there but its little hard to find a job. Big fan in everyway! I watch about 60games in a year even they start at 2am.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Wow what an aswer thanks! Have been CBJ over 10years other guys is penguis,blackhawks,red wings,capitals fans. Havent met many CBJ fans in Finland... I have always been interested about USA and specially about Columbus. Tryed to find a way to move there but its little hard to find a job. Big fan in everyway! I watch about 60games in a year even they start at 2am.

When were you thinking of coming?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

City is really growing, jobs are here. What kind of job are you looking for?

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
When were you thinking of coming?

It depends how i get my workschedule arrange. Maybe next autumn or winter or spring. Its easy to fly here to NY or FLA but continuationflight is one of question still. Is it better option or should rent a car or take bus. Soooooo much planning and counting before a trip. Need much savings cause flights here to USA costs around 500-1000€ for oneway and flightime are f***ing long. + Want to take family with me so i can brainwash son to be Jackets fan before someone asswhip neighbour kid talks too much for Crosby or McDavid. :skeptic::)

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
City is really growing, jobs are here. What kind of job are you looking for?

I have been a constructionworker 7years now, but i dont complain about any job. Like to do allmost anything, and if you have a chance to make your dreams come true, you take anything you get.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
It depends how i get my workschedule arrange. Maybe next autumn or winter or spring. Its easy to fly here to NY or FLA but continuationflight is one of question still. Is it better option or should rent a car or take bus. Soooooo much planning and counting before a trip. Need much savings cause flights here to USA costs around 500-1000€ for oneway and flightime are f***ing long. + Want to take family with me so i can brainwash son to be Jackets fan before someone asswhip neighbour kid talks too much for Crosby or McDavid. :skeptic::)

Check on flights to Chicago then connect to Columbus too. Lots of flights between Chicago and Columbus.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I have been a constructionworker 7years now, but i dont complain about any job. Like to do allmost anything, and if you have a chance to make your dreams come true, you take anything you get.

There are new buildings and homes going up all over town and our official "flower" is the orange barrel signaling road work. Construction work would be easy to come by if you wanted it.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Had lunch with Bjorky Today. Sure we were in separate booths, but we were both in the same restaurant...

I did have to say hey to him, I apologized for bugging him and told him I was a huge fan and good luck. He said thanks.

Normally i'm pretty face blind, but his smile in person is just like it is on TV.

We're bff's now.
20190423_135256.jpg

IndyDave

Jul 30, 2005
Thanks. Appreciate the info.

Unofrtunately the schedule will not work for a trip over from Indy. My son is helping coach high school baseball this year and they have a game on all the possible home game nights. We were really hoping for Game 6 to be on Sunday.

Just means we have more money to spend on conference finals tickets :)

Reactions: CPTN71

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Had lunch with Bjorky Today. Sure we were in separate booths, but we were both in the same restaurant...

I did have to say hey to him, I apologized for bugging him and told him I was a huge fan and good luck. He said thanks.

Normally i'm pretty face blind, but his smile in person is just like it is on TV.

We're bff's now.View attachment 219805
And you didn’t call me to join? :laugh:

Reactions: We Want Ten

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

We're bff's now.View attachment 219805

Did he pick up your check? Probably not. Rumor is he avoids making checks.

Reactions: We Want Ten

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Can anyone tell me if the Blue Jackets had tickets on nice season ticket holder stock on 2017-18?

Action02

Oct 4, 2006
Wondering if anyone has ever had standing room only tickets?
What is the cost?
How was the view?
Any idea when they'll be released for game 3?

snartly

Dec 10, 2011
NJ
Have 2 single tickets available for game 3 if anyone is interested:

225 Row N - $125
116 Row E - $220

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad