Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
For sale 2 tickets in 216 row A for the Buffalo game on 10/7. PayPal payment only as F&F or add 3%. The tickets will be sent to you as mobile tickets. Face value is over $80 asking $50 for the pair. SOLD

Last edited:

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I bought tickets to a Blue Jackets game in February.

Any tips/recommendations for places to eat/see/stay? Parts of town to avoid?

Kellen

Apr 17, 2019

I’m from Syracuse and go every year for the home opener / a game in March.

We always stay at the Hyatt right next to the arena district. Great place. Has a good bar and walking distance to anything you need. And it’s a great price (usually)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

A handful of good place to stay within walking distance of the arena if that's what you're interested in. Hyatt, Crown Plaza, Drury, Red Roof, Hilton.

If you like craft beer, there are 2-3 places also in walking distance, but make sure to check out the Wolf's Ridge Taproom. The downtown riverfront (Scioto Mile) is nice for walking during the day if the weather cooperates.

Lots of cool art, if that's your thing. You can do formal like museums and galleries or grassroots if you don't mind a very short drive to Franklinton.

So much to eat it's hard to give a recommendation. Depends on where you stay and how long you're going to be around, if you're looking for convenience or a cool experience. Ambrose & Eve is a less-than-1o-minute drive from the arena and is great food. Condado (multiple locations) is a trendy but tasty taco spot.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012

Lots of good tips above. As mentioned, the Hyatt, Hilton, Crowne Plaza, etc. are all just a block or two from the Arena. Something you might consider is staying in the Short North at a boutique hotel like the Le Meridien, Graduate or Moxy, all of which opened recently and are in the heart of Columbus' most vibrant area. Dozens of bars and restaurants in that neighborhood. I like the Pearl, Condado, Del Mar and Hubbard Grille. Only about a ten minute walk to the Arena from the Short North.

Pregame, you should try and go to R Bar. Nothing fancy, but it's a cool hockey hangout. If you want to try a brewery, look at Wolf's Ridge or Elevator, both of which are walkable to Nationwide.

Columbus has some decent museums like COSI (science museum) and the Columbus Museum of Art, and a nice park on the eastside called Franklin Park that has the Conservatory. Ohio State is worth checking out if you like the college atmosphere, and I suppose the Ohio Statehouse could be worthwhile if that's your thing. Depending upon the weather, German Village is a neat area to walk around in, lots of brick streets, coffee houses, an awesome bookstore called the Book Loft, and the famous Katzinger's Deli.

No real areas to tell you to avoid. Like any city Columbus has some bad neighborhoods, but they're not places you're likely to hang out in.

Reactions: Colin226

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Just bought CBJ tickets as a last-minute wedding anniversary gift to take my wife to see her Blues play this Friday night @ Nationwide (since we are gonna be in Columbus to watch the OSU women play anyway). Any current advice from local fans regarding nearby parking options (garages are my preference and we can walk) & traffic restrictions around the Arena? All other details of our weekend visit are already set. Thanks.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
McConnell Garage is $20. Other nearby garages are $10. If you want to save some money there are lots of options within walking distance. Consider Uber or Lyft from your hotel. That might be the best and cheapest option of all.
McConnell Garage
Parking Info | Arena District

It is expensive by Columbus standards but cheaper than parking for a hockey game in other cities. Maybe $25.

Reactions: JMCx4

AngryWorm

Jul 10, 2006
This might be random paranoia, but did anyone happen to get an email thanking them for their season tickets renewal? I just did... and I can safely say that I didn't buy any seeing as I don't even live in the States.

Just wondering if it might be a poorly worded promotional thing =/

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
This might be random paranoia, but did anyone happen to get an email thanking them for their season tickets renewal? I just did... and I can safely say that I didn't buy any seeing as I don't even live in the States.

I got it too and I’m not a STH. They just want to support Foligno and give him more face time

Reactions: AngryWorm

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV

I got the same email that you did. I just got done checking all my bank accounts checking to make sure that I don't have a charge from the CBJ on them and I don't. My guess is they released that email to the wrong distribution list.

Reactions: AngryWorm

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
McConnell Garage is $20. Other nearby garages are $10. If you want to save some money there are lots of options within walking distance. Consider Uber or Lyft from your hotel. That might be the best and cheapest option of all.
Stick taps to both @koteka and @Derby for the Nationwide parking advice. After considering our inbound route, I decided to park at Arena Crossing Garage just across Convention Center Dr. north of the Arena District. Just over $13 with a prepaid e-ticket from ParkMobile (which likely was unnecessary); easy in & quick out; and the walk between garage & arena was very convenient via a pedestrian bridge. I'd park there again.

P.S. - Good game played by CBJ, and the fans went home happy. Congrats.

Reactions: Viqsi

sjosty26

May 8, 2013
Selling two tickets to Dec. 19 vs. Los Angeles. Sect. 107, Row K. Looking for $90 for the pair. Great deal for the holidays. PM if interested.

Last edited:

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Hey you all. Couple questions about the city and USA. How much is middle class salary? How much is Columbus rent for aparments in good area? (3rooms atleast). What is job situation in Columbus? Is near Columbus little great citys? Yep im from Finland my little city means 30K people not 300000K. I talked to my wife about moving in Columbus about 6months now and she have started warming up with this idea.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Hey you all. Couple questions about the city and USA. How much is middle class salary? How much is Columbus rent for aparments in good area? (3rooms atleast). What is job situation in Columbus? Is near Columbus little great citys? Yep im from Finland my little city means 30K people not 300000K. I talked to my wife about moving in Columbus about 6months now and she have started warming up with this idea.

This thread may be better - Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

-Median income per person in Columbus is around $50,000 USD, per person, or roughly $25/hour for a full-time position.
-Rent for 3+ bedrooms in a good area is probably between $1,000 (and it may be a bit old, run down, something like that) to $3,000 or more. Columbus is very segregated, so when you say "good area" I assume you mean low crime type of area.
-There are a lot of job openings right now. It kind of depends on what you and your wife might be looking for.
-Once you get outside Columbus, it's pretty rural. I think Granville is pretty cool (it's so small it's not incorporated).

But yeah, the Columbus thread may get you better answers.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
This thread may be better - Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

-Median income per person in Columbus is around $50,000 USD, per person, or roughly $25/hour for a full-time position.
-Rent for 3+ bedrooms in a good area is probably between $1,000 (and it may be a bit old, run down, something like that) to $3,000 or more. Columbus is very segregated, so when you say "good area" I assume you mean low crime type of area.
-There are a lot of job openings right now. It kind of depends on what you and your wife might be looking for.
-Once you get outside Columbus, it's pretty rural. I think Granville is pretty cool (it's so small it's not incorporated).

But yeah, the Columbus thread may get you better answers.

Thanks for answers. Crap i think is was writing in that thread not here. My bad :DD

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Looking for a decent lower bowl deal for 2, me and my son on Dec 31st. I am rooting for the opposition, but if it helps, I've only seen the Cats win at Nationwide once in the 17 years since I've moved to Ohio.

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I'd like to go to the game in Boston on Jan 2 but don't really wanna go alone. Anyone have advice for me on where I can find other CBJ fans to meet up with to go to the game?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Just noticed something about CBJ single ticket pricing on ticketmaster.

All upper bowl single tickets (seats where there are no seats to either side for sale) are $30 (plus fees) for the upper bowl and $50 (plus fees) for club and lower bowl seats. I don't know if this pricing is available at the box office, but if you're flying solo, you can pick up a great lower bowl seat on the cheap for a game with high demand.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Just noticed something about CBJ single ticket pricing on ticketmaster.

All upper bowl single tickets (seats where there are no seats to either side for sale) are $30 (plus fees) for the upper bowl and $50 (plus fees) for club and lower bowl seats. I don't know if this pricing is available at the box office, but if you're flying solo, you can pick up a great lower bowl seat on the cheap for a game with high demand.
Nice. I'd be tempted, except every time I try to go to a game solo I start having crowd size panic attacks, and that tends to take away from the game experience. :(

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Nice. I'd be tempted, except every time I try to go to a game solo I start having crowd size panic attacks, and that tends to take away from the game experience. :(

It may have been a temporary promotion as I don't see the same thing being done for today's game vs. SJ.

If you go to a weekday game against a less popular opponent (i.e. Arizona, Carolina), the upper bowl center sections-especially those opposite the press box-are often pretty empty. Don't know if that would help or not. I've never-well make that once-had an usher ask me for a ticket for these sections.

Also, tickpick.com is a great source for very cheap tickets. They are reliable, have good customer service and are cheaper than stubhub, seatgeek and the more well known secondary ticket sellers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Derby and Viqsi

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Just an FYI (this may have been mentioned earlier in this thread) but when my wife and I went to the game against SJ on January 4th (not a good game, unfortunately) I parked at the far end of W Nationwide Boulevard, as this has been 'free' parking in the past....however, upon arriving, saw there are signs and curbs in place so no more free parking.....also, they're building the new soccer stadium there, so there's that too.

In any event, it was only $5 to park in the parking lot across the road. 10 minute walk to the arena, I was cool with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->