Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

1. 1857 Howitzer

1857 Howitzer ******* Linesman

For sale 2 tickets in 216 row A for the Buffalo game on 10/7. PayPal payment only as F&F or add 3%. The tickets will be sent to you as mobile tickets. Face value is over $80 asking $50 for the pair. SOLD

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  2. Pizza!Pizza!

Pizza!Pizza! Registered User

I bought tickets to a Blue Jackets game in February.

Any tips/recommendations for places to eat/see/stay? Parts of town to avoid?

3. Kellen

Kellen Registered User

I’m from Syracuse and go every year for the home opener / a game in March.

We always stay at the Hyatt right next to the arena district. Great place. Has a good bar and walking distance to anything you need. And it’s a great price (usually)

4. Double-Shift Lasse

Double-Shift Lasse Just post better

A handful of good place to stay within walking distance of the arena if that's what you're interested in. Hyatt, Crown Plaza, Drury, Red Roof, Hilton.

If you like craft beer, there are 2-3 places also in walking distance, but make sure to check out the Wolf's Ridge Taproom. The downtown riverfront (Scioto Mile) is nice for walking during the day if the weather cooperates.

Lots of cool art, if that's your thing. You can do formal like museums and galleries or grassroots if you don't mind a very short drive to Franklinton.

So much to eat it's hard to give a recommendation. Depends on where you stay and how long you're going to be around, if you're looking for convenience or a cool experience. Ambrose & Eve is a less-than-1o-minute drive from the arena and is great food. Condado (multiple locations) is a trendy but tasty taco spot.

5. Speedy Sanderson

Speedy Sanderson Registered User

Lots of good tips above. As mentioned, the Hyatt, Hilton, Crowne Plaza, etc. are all just a block or two from the Arena. Something you might consider is staying in the Short North at a boutique hotel like the Le Meridien, Graduate or Moxy, all of which opened recently and are in the heart of Columbus' most vibrant area. Dozens of bars and restaurants in that neighborhood. I like the Pearl, Condado, Del Mar and Hubbard Grille. Only about a ten minute walk to the Arena from the Short North.

Pregame, you should try and go to R Bar. Nothing fancy, but it's a cool hockey hangout. If you want to try a brewery, look at Wolf's Ridge or Elevator, both of which are walkable to Nationwide.

Columbus has some decent museums like COSI (science museum) and the Columbus Museum of Art, and a nice park on the eastside called Franklin Park that has the Conservatory. Ohio State is worth checking out if you like the college atmosphere, and I suppose the Ohio Statehouse could be worthwhile if that's your thing. Depending upon the weather, German Village is a neat area to walk around in, lots of brick streets, coffee houses, an awesome bookstore called the Book Loft, and the famous Katzinger's Deli.

No real areas to tell you to avoid. Like any city Columbus has some bad neighborhoods, but they're not places you're likely to hang out in.

Colin226 likes this.
  6. Pizza!Pizza!

Pizza!Pizza! Registered User

Awesome guys. Thanks for the tips!

7. JMCx4

JMCx4 Gateway to Hockey

Just bought CBJ tickets as a last-minute wedding anniversary gift to take my wife to see her Blues play this Friday night @ Nationwide (since we are gonna be in Columbus to watch the OSU women play anyway). Any current advice from local fans regarding nearby parking options (garages are my preference and we can walk) & traffic restrictions around the Arena? All other details of our weekend visit are already set. Thanks.

8. koteka

koteka Registered User

McConnell Garage
    Parking Info | Arena District

It is expensive by Columbus standards but cheaper than parking for a hockey game in other cities. Maybe $25.

JMCx4 likes this.
  9. Derby

Derby Pilsners in Prague Sponsor

McConnell Garage is $20. Other nearby garages are $10. If you want to save some money there are lots of options within walking distance. Consider Uber or Lyft from your hotel. That might be the best and cheapest option of all.

JMCx4 likes this.
  10. AngryWorm

AngryWorm Registered User

This might be random paranoia, but did anyone happen to get an email thanking them for their season tickets renewal? I just did... and I can safely say that I didn't buy any seeing as I don't even live in the States.

Just wondering if it might be a poorly worded promotional thing =/

11. ViD

ViD #CBJNeedHugs

I got it too and I’m not a STH. They just want to support Foligno and give him more face time

AngryWorm likes this.
  12. Jive Pawnbroker

Jive Pawnbroker One day next week

I got the same email that you did. I just got done checking all my bank accounts checking to make sure that I don't have a charge from the CBJ on them and I don't. My guess is they released that email to the wrong distribution list.

AngryWorm likes this.
  13. Jive Pawnbroker

Jive Pawnbroker One day next week

The team just sent out a "Whoops!" apology email so it was definitely a mess up on their end.

AngryWorm likes this.
  14. JMCx4

JMCx4 Gateway to Hockey

Stick taps to both @koteka and @Derby for the Nationwide parking advice. After considering our inbound route, I decided to park at Arena Crossing Garage just across Convention Center Dr. north of the Arena District. Just over $13 with a prepaid e-ticket from ParkMobile (which likely was unnecessary); easy in & quick out; and the walk between garage & arena was very convenient via a pedestrian bridge. I'd park there again.

P.S. - Good game played by CBJ, and the fans went home happy. Congrats.

Viqsi likes this.
  15. sjosty26

sjosty26 Registered User

Selling two tickets to Dec. 19 vs. Los Angeles. Sect. 107, Row K. Looking for $90 for the pair. Great deal for the holidays. PM if interested.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  16. FinBlue

FinBlue Registered User

Hey you all. Couple questions about the city and USA. How much is middle class salary? How much is Columbus rent for aparments in good area? (3rooms atleast). What is job situation in Columbus? Is near Columbus little great citys? Yep im from Finland my little city means 30K people not 300000K. I talked to my wife about moving in Columbus about 6months now and she have started warming up with this idea.

17. DarkandStormy

DarkandStormy Registered User

This thread may be better - Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

-Median income per person in Columbus is around $50,000 USD, per person, or roughly $25/hour for a full-time position.
    -Rent for 3+ bedrooms in a good area is probably between $1,000 (and it may be a bit old, run down, something like that) to $3,000 or more. Columbus is very segregated, so when you say "good area" I assume you mean low crime type of area.
    -There are a lot of job openings right now. It kind of depends on what you and your wife might be looking for.
    -Once you get outside Columbus, it's pretty rural. I think Granville is pretty cool (it's so small it's not incorporated).

But yeah, the Columbus thread may get you better answers.

18. FinBlue

FinBlue Registered User

Thanks for answers. Crap i think is was writing in that thread not here. My bad :DD

19. CatscratchFever

CatscratchFever #CatsAreComing

Electrician
    Home Page:
    Looking for a decent lower bowl deal for 2, me and my son on Dec 31st. I am rooting for the opposition, but if it helps, I've only seen the Cats win at Nationwide once in the 17 years since I've moved to Ohio.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  20. DoggyII

DoggyII Registered User

Former Innkeeper...practicing retirement :)
    I'd like to go to the game in Boston on Jan 2 but don't really wanna go alone. Anyone have advice for me on where I can find other CBJ fans to meet up with to go to the game?

21. ViD

ViD #CBJNeedHugs

Check reddit possibly ?

22. Cyclones Rock

Cyclones Rock Registered User

Just noticed something about CBJ single ticket pricing on ticketmaster.

All upper bowl single tickets (seats where there are no seats to either side for sale) are $30 (plus fees) for the upper bowl and $50 (plus fees) for club and lower bowl seats. I don't know if this pricing is available at the box office, but if you're flying solo, you can pick up a great lower bowl seat on the cheap for a game with high demand.

23. Viqsi

Viqsi where we're going we won't need eyes to see

Jackets 1st, Preds 2nd
    Nice. I'd be tempted, except every time I try to go to a game solo I start having crowd size panic attacks, and that tends to take away from the game experience. :(

24. Cyclones Rock

Cyclones Rock Registered User

It may have been a temporary promotion as I don't see the same thing being done for today's game vs. SJ.

If you go to a weekday game against a less popular opponent (i.e. Arizona, Carolina), the upper bowl center sections-especially those opposite the press box-are often pretty empty. Don't know if that would help or not. I've never-well make that once-had an usher ask me for a ticket for these sections.

Also, tickpick.com is a great source for very cheap tickets. They are reliable, have good customer service and are cheaper than stubhub, seatgeek and the more well known secondary ticket sellers.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    Derby and Viqsi like this.
  25. CBJ AZ goalie

CBJ AZ goalie Registered User

Just an FYI (this may have been mentioned earlier in this thread) but when my wife and I went to the game against SJ on January 4th (not a good game, unfortunately) I parked at the far end of W Nationwide Boulevard, as this has been 'free' parking in the past....however, upon arriving, saw there are signs and curbs in place so no more free parking.....also, they're building the new soccer stadium there, so there's that too.

In any event, it was only $5 to park in the parking lot across the road. 10 minute walk to the arena, I was cool with that.