Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
By the way, what would be the appropriate thread to seek interpretation of a recurring (and somewhat comedic) Blue Jackets-themed nightmare?

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
There’s a kerfuffle happening over tickets for the CBJ STH appreciation event happening this Sunday. Evidently, STHers are selling their passes to the signing event. CBJ is canceling those sold passes from what I read on FB.
Apparently giving them away is ok, selling them is not. Not sure how they can tell the difference.

At any rate, that and the 1 complimentary team yearbook per plan policy newly implemented this year are hot topics!

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
There’s a kerfuffle happening over tickets for the CBJ STH appreciation event happening this Sunday. Evidently, STHers are selling their passes to the signing event. CBJ is canceling those sold passes from what I read on FB.
Apparently giving them away is ok, selling them is not. Not sure how they can tell the difference.

At any rate, that and the 1 complimentary team yearbook per plan policy newly implemented this year are hot topics!
Interesting.. I'd never even entertained the thought of being able to sell a ticket to the event. But I guess there are some people who will do anything to make a buck :laugh:

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Hello! I’m visiting my friend at OSU in March, and we’re looking to go to the game on the 26th. I’m trying to figure out where to buy the tickets. I want something on the side where the Isles shoot 2x and preferably near the visitor tunnel. Does anyone know which sections are by the tunnel? Any other recommendations for a first time visitor? Thanks!

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Hello! I’m visiting my friend at OSU in March, and we’re looking to go to the game on the 26th. I’m trying to figure out where to buy the tickets. I want something on the side where the Isles shoot 2x and preferably near the visitor tunnel. Does anyone know which sections are by the tunnel? Any other recommendations for a first time visitor? Thanks!

The visitor tunnel is toward the end where the Jackets shoot twice. You'd have to choose.

Per the seating chart below, the visitors' bench and tunnel is in 104. Visitors shoot twice at the 117-101 end.

Hockey-Seating-Map-0fd6e67207.jpg

Reactions: Lame Lambert

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Got letter last week that STH prices are not going up there will be new charge for 5% for the Columbus Arts Tax.
At least the CBJ had enough sense not to do their 3-5% increase plus the City 5%.
Will be interesting.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Got letter last week that STH prices are not going up there will be new charge for 5% for the Columbus Arts Tax.
At least the CBJ had enough sense not to do their 3-5% increase plus the City 5%.
Will be interesting.
To expand on this, you have to pay your invoice in full by July 1, 2019 in order to completely avoid the ticket tax for next season.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Anybody ever win one of the renewal sweepstakes prizes? I saw what appears to be my name listed as a winner. I have a relatively common name and this isn’t the first time I’ve seen it. Every other time I’ve seen it I’ve been told that it wasn’t me and it was someone else with my name. This has happened at least twice. Maybe even 3 times before now.

Either there are multiple people with my name or one other person with my same name wins every time. It’s quite frustrating but I expect this is the same thing that happpened to me again.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Anybody ever win one of the renewal sweepstakes prizes? I saw what appears to be my name listed as a winner. I have a relatively common name and this isn’t the first time I’ve seen it. Every other time I’ve seen it I’ve been told that it wasn’t me and it was someone else with my name. This has happened at least twice. Maybe even 3 times before now.

Either there are multiple people with my name or one other person with my same name wins every time. It’s quite frustrating but I expect this is the same thing that happpened to me again.

I’ve only “won” twice in all these years they’ve done it. I won what was supposed to be $100 in Marathon gas cards about 5 years ago, but they actually had about $250 in credit on them. Last year, I won a “meet & greet a player after a game”. However, the only game they offered was one of the Friday night preseason games that conflicted with my daughter’s HS senior night ceremonies and they wouldn’t offer any other game. So I forfeited that opportunity.

My sister was a season ticket holder for 3 or 4 years and she won a “players deliver your season tickets” prize. RJ Umberger and Cam came to her home, which was awesome for my nephews who were playing AAA hockey at the time. Cam and RJ hung out for awhile for lots of pictures and autographs.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013

Like bobcat I've not had much luck either.
Had Hrdina drop off tickets one year. THink I got some food/arena credits one year.

Looking back would have been happier when they gave something to everyone who paid in advance. Just means I'm due next season to win the trip to vegas on the jet. :)

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Tickets - we picked up two lower bowl tickets for tonight's Jackets vs Montreal game so we are are SELLING our 2 hard copy upper bowl tickets. Section 200 Row F @$25 each. PM me if you are interested.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Have they communicated playoff presale information yet? I just noticed that they have the events listed on ticketmaster and the presales start tomorrow for full season.

I'm just curious if I missed an email as a partial season ticket holder or if they haven't sent them yet.

Last edited:

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Have they communicated playoff presale information yet? I just noticed that they have the events listed on ticketmaster and the presales start tomorrow for full season.

I'm just curious if I missed an email as a partial season ticket holder or if they haven't sent them yet.
As a half STH, got the email 3/21 for a presale 3/28 to buy the other half of games I didn't have. Had to buy whole strips, not single games.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
As a half STH, got the email 3/21 for a presale 3/28 to buy the other half of games I didn't have. Had to buy whole strips, not single games.
I'm quarter season and never had that option so I've usually gone in on this presale to buy tickets for myself and my friends so we can sit together. I assumed it would start this week. It just seems odd its all listed on TM before I ever got a notification from the team it was coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad