Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Looking for a Jones Team North America black jersey for my son for Christmas. I know its been a couple of years since the World Cup but he is asking for it for Christmas this year. I have looked all over the internet and the only ones that I can find are on what look like scam sites. I have seen a couple of blank ones but even then they are either wrong color or will not arrive before Christmas or wrong size. Just curious if anyone on here has any ideas or maybe even has one for sale (assuming its in near new condition).

Looking for
Size M
Black North America World Cup
Seth Jones or maybe blank

Neek21000

Oct 27, 2018
what happened to the 'pick your seat' arena chart that used to be on the TM/Bluejackets ticketing page...the picture of the arena seating chart with all available seats...logged onto the CBJ site to look for some tickets and it's the list version, cheapest to most expensive....any answers out there?

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
what happened to the 'pick your seat' arena chart that used to be on the TM/Bluejackets ticketing page...the picture of the arena seating chart with all available seats...logged onto the CBJ site to look for some tickets and it's the list version, cheapest to most expensive....any answers out there?

Working for me. Clicked “Choose your seats” and it shows available seats.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I don't know why they haven't tried a preseason game (only thing I can think of is it messes up the quarter/half season packages). Only way a regular season game would possibly be justifiable would be an outdoor game if OSU refused to rent the Shoe at any cost (latter could also be in Cincinnati).

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'm surprised the the CBJ don't play at least one pre season game per season in Cleveland. They might even want to bring one to Cincinnati every few years or so.

While doing so would reduced STH revenue as STHs wouldn't have to buy those tix (which I'm sure they all love buying), it would increase exposure within the state and might have a minor positive impact upon tv ratings and even NWA attendance.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I'm surprised the the CBJ don't play at least one pre season game per season in Cleveland. They might even want to bring one to Cincinnati every few years or so.

While doing so would reduced STH revenue as STHs wouldn't have to buy those tix (which I'm sure they all love buying), it would increase exposure within the state and might have a minor positive impact upon tv ratings and even NWA attendance.
My guess why they don't:
-Pretty tought to sell pre-season games. At least having in in Cbus they sell 10-12k seats to STH at full value. If you put that game in Cleveland or Cincy could you realistically sell that many full price tickets? Granted if you sold $20 tickets I think you could sell a lot, but not the full price tickets.

I would love if they had some pre-season tickets on the road.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
My guess why they don't:
-Pretty tought to sell pre-season games. At least having in in Cbus they sell 10-12k seats to STH at full value. If you put that game in Cleveland or Cincy could you realistically sell that many full price tickets? Granted if you sold $20 tickets I think you could sell a lot, but not the full price tickets.

I would love if they had some pre-season tickets on the road.

I'd agree that it would be a "negative revenue" game. I think that you are (at least for the Cincinnati market) right on with your $20 tickets. The Cyclones charge $17 for all tickets except the first row-it's all the Cincinnati hockey market will pay.

Again, I think that very slight tv ratings gains could be made by the additional exposure and probably a very small bump in merchandising revenues as well.

If the CBJ and Cyclones ever do form an affiliation, then a pre season game would be a great "kick off" for the relationship.

I'd think a Cleveland game might draw surprisingly well.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
By the way, don't be surprised if you see a lot of people in Monsters gear sitting together at the Habs game next Friday (Monsters STH outing).

Reactions: Bobcat110

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I've been to a few other arenas for both hockey and basketball and have seen some ideas that I think the Jackets should copy at Nationwide Arena. In both cases I have come up with ways to improve on them. Make them better, awesomer, Columbuser.

First, an idea from the Cavs:

Right before the start of each game, they play a hype video with the Cleveland Orchestra's rendition of "O Fortuna" from Carmina Burana.

My idea, get the Columbus Symphony Orchestra to perform the "1812 Overture" without the cannon and then play it before one of the periods using the in-arena cannon.

Second idea is from the Toledo Walleye (no, it's not yelling "hit somebody" during the national anthem - it's annoying enough beforehand here in Cleveland - that would be an idea not to copy in a billion millennia).

They have two promotional blimps (like the blimp in Columbus, they drop prizes) shaped like their mascots.

My idea, have a blimp shaped like Stinger wearing a lime green cape.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Second idea is from the Toledo Walleye (no, it's not yelling "hit somebody" during the national anthem - it's annoying enough beforehand here in Cleveland - that would be an idea not to copy in a billion millennia).

They have two promotional blimps (like the blimp in Columbus, they drop prizes) shaped like their mascots.

Toledo Sports Arena and "hit somebody" was awesome! Columbus not the demographics for it. LOL

I was at an Indy Fuel game a few weeks back and they've got a blimp which drops stuff-big hit with the fans. I think it's a great idea.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010

Toledo Sports Arena and "hit somebody" was awesome! Columbus not the demographics for it. LOL

I was at an Indy Fuel game a few weeks back and they've got a blimp which drops stuff-big hit with the fans. I think it's a great idea.

I can tolerate it pre-anthem (although the best pre-anthem chant in hockey is of course, "Leo!!!"), but in-anthem seems disrespectful.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I've been to a few other arenas for both hockey and basketball and have seen some ideas that I think the Jackets should copy at Nationwide Arena. In both cases I have come up with ways to improve on them. Make them better, awesomer, Columbuser.

First, an idea from the Cavs:

Right before the start of each game, they play a hype video with the Cleveland Orchestra's rendition of "O Fortuna" from Carmina Burana.

My idea, get the Columbus Symphony Orchestra to perform the "1812 Overture" without the cannon and then play it before one of the periods using the in-arena cannon.

Love this.

Instead of a blimp of Boomer?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I can tolerate it pre-anthem (although the best pre-anthem chant in hockey is of course, "Leo!!!"), but in-anthem seems disrespectful.

I found it to be a fun tradition.

What I find disrespectful are the third rate singers (every thinks he can sing now due to "American Idol" et al) who sing the Anthem like a balad and apply their own cadence to the song. Leo sings it as it should be sung.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Instead of a blimp of Boomer?

The Walleye have two blimps and are in the ECHL, so why not both?

Also, I think Boomer should brought back, but this time with a furry costume (like Stinger's) instead of an inflatable one.

By the way, here's another idea stolen from the Cavs/Monsters/Charge (albeit not improved upon): Have a furry and inflatable version of each mascot. Here in NE Ohio, it works like this.

(original furry/inflatable variant)

Cavaliers
Moondog/Puffdog
Sir CC/ Sir Round CC

Monsters
Sully/Swolly

Charge
Pozzie/Puffie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events