Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Thanks! That’s a really roundabout path, but I’ll try it. There’s an “exchange” link, actually says EXCHANGE, but it goes nowhere. Yep...system is messed up! Thanks again for the tip. Who thought I’d need to select BUY when I just want to exchange, lol.

Yeah. A little strange. But pretty easy after you know how. The CBJ have more detailed instructions on their website:

Columbus Blue Jackets Ticket Trade Program

Follow the step-by-step instructions below to learn more about this easy to use feature.
Step 1:
Step 2: Click on "Buy Tickets"
Step 3: Click on "2018-19 Ticket Trade Program".
Step 4: Select the number of tickets and the game you are trading into. Then click "Find Seat".
Step 5: Click "Add to Cart" to confirm the game selection.
Step 6: Select your delivery method then click "Checkout".
Step 7: Answer the survey questions: (1 - Which game are your trading out of? 2 - Which seats are you trading?)
Step 8: Confirm your order and questions, agree to the conditions, click "Submit" to order.

Reactions: Derby

sabresfan3383

Dec 3, 2004
Tonawanda, NY
I have a feeling wheelchair access would be your best option. I am 6'2'' 275 and all the seats are tight for me.

Club seat's are the widest seats in the arena and leg room is not bad, but if you can get ADA seating that might be the best route to go.

I moved down from the 200 level to the lower level mezzanine in the corner that is basically the same height as the club level. I find the seats there to be considerably roomier than the center ice upper level tickets I've had in recent years. I'm 6'2" and the upper level had my knees buried in the seat in front of me.

I have club and 113 lower seats. The club seats are significantly roomier. That said, I used the ADA seats after knee replacement since I couldn't bend my knee to 90 degrees initially, and they are by far the best for leg room and the ability to distance yourself from the people seated beside you, giving yourself a bit more side to side room. They are nothing more than padded folding chairs, so figure that into the equation.

Thanks for all the input! I picked up ADA seats in section 119. Now what is the best restaurant near the arena haha.
If anybody is ever coming up to Buffalo for a game, feel free to hit me up for where to stay, sit, and go get wings (spoiler alert...Anchor Bar sucks and is a tourist trap!)

Reactions: Iron Balls McGinty

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
there will be a million food opinions but for convenience...I'd park in Lot A. Elevators are everywhere in there. then the aqua circles...those are Nada (mexican), Boston's (like chilis/applebees basically and will be jam packed starting at 430) and Ted's Montana Grill (Bison and very good overall food). All will be packed as of about 430 or 5. The good thing is from all of these, the entrance to the arena is the dots...only about 100 to 200 feet away. Also, see the number 125? That's rodizio grill (or something close to that - - one of those steak and pork shaved off a stick places).

Basically I am giving you the easy place to park, eat, and enter the arena with very little walking from the garage to food (200 feet)...food to arena door (200 feet) and ticket scan to section 119 (about 150 feet - - 1/8 way around the arena from this entrance). There are several other good food spots but this is easy easy easy.
upload_2018-10-26_11-24-12.png

Reactions: sabresfan3383

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Thanks for all the input! I picked up ADA seats in section 119. Now what is the best restaurant near the arena haha.
If anybody is ever coming up to Buffalo for a game, feel free to hit me up for where to stay, sit, and go get wings (spoiler alert...Anchor Bar sucks and is a tourist trap!)

What do you like to eat? What's the budget?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I haven't yet hit a Jackets game this season, but our usual ticket buy varies - thru friends, Ticketbast**ds, and occasionally from scalpers on game day which frankly have allowed us some excellent seats. With the new electronic ticket only approach, do the scalpers still exist outside the arena? And if so, how are the tix handled?

Last edited:

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Anyone have any luck with the holiday sale for STH for tickets? I log in and no individual games shows up. I went thru ticketmast board and enter the code and get an error message.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
Hey guys, not sure where to put this but figured this was the most appropriate thread. I was recently offered a free ticket to go to the leafs and cbj game on next Friday and haven't accepted yet because I do not know much about the city. How is the night life? we would be going out on Friday after the game which should be decent esp considering Columbus is a college town. Is Columbus in general a good party city? How expensive is the beers at the arena? What types of food are there around the arena and how expensive (I really like BBQ after going to Nashville in the summer, is there any good BBq places around the arena).

I would just like to gain as much info on the city as possible considering the trip will still cost me 150-200 dollars with beer/food and terrible exchange rate.

Thanks

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Hey guys, not sure where to put this but figured this was the most appropriate thread. I was recently offered a free ticket to go to the leafs and cbj game on next Friday and haven't accepted yet because I do not know much about the city. How is the night life? we would be going out on Friday after the game which should be decent esp considering Columbus is a college town. Is Columbus in general a good party city? How expensive is the beers at the arena? What types of food are there around the arena and how expensive (I really like BBQ after going to Nashville in the summer, is there any good BBq places around the arena).

I would just like to gain as much info on the city as possible considering the trip will still cost me 150-200 dollars with beer/food and terrible exchange rate.

Thanks

I think you'd have a blast. The OSU/Michigan game is on Saturday, Nov. 24th in Columbus. OSU Campus should be hopping on Friday night and Saturday. Kind of an amazing atmosphere if you go before kickoff and experience the tailgating. I'm sure some OSU grad or current student can give tips on places to go or do, but this seems to cover some of the OSU bar scene: 5 best campus bars for the not-so-college students

Beers inside Arena are about same as you would expect in any Arena. Around $13 for a 24oz of Labatts/Budweiser product or for a 16oz cup of Craft Beer.

Not much BBQ around arena district, but lots of other food/beer/pub/brewery type options. The R Bar is where most out of town fans go for a nice local hockey bar. Here's a list of Arena District hotspots: Columbus Ohio Restaurants | Arena District

For BBQ, one option would be to take the free "CBUS" circular. It just goes up and down High Street between the Short North (which is north of Arena District) down to German Village, which is South of Arena District. Lots of places in between. The BBQ would be "Smoked on High" which is in German Village, you'd take CBUS south as far as it goes and then you walk about another block south on high.

Another option would be to go to Land Grant Brewing on Town Street. They have a Ray Ray's BBQ food truck onsite. It could be walked by taking CBUS down to Rich Street and walking West about 1/2 mile, but probably suggest Uber. The main Ray Ray's restaurant is on High Street north of OSU. Basically, you can find a lot of different restaurants, bars, etc. along High Street between German Village up to North of OSU campus. Another popular haunt by out of towners is Thurmans, known for their huge burgers. Some fun downtown spots include Pins Mechanical (Duck pin bowling/pinball/sports bar/craft beer/whiskey bar), 16-bit Barcade bar (free 80's video games with craft beers and cocktails), elevator brewing tap house, wolf's ridge brewery.

CBUS (free downtown bus) ROUTE MAP: https://www.cota.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CBUS-hotel-map.pdf
Smoked on High: Home
Land Grant Brewery: The Land-Grant Brewing Company
Ray Ray's BBQ: Hog Pit
R Bar (arena district): [R Bar] R Bar | The Best Place to Watch Hockey in Columbus.
Wolf's Ridge (go to the taproom in back if you go): Home
Pins Mechanical: COLUMBUS
16 Bit BArcade: COLUMBUS
Thurmans Café: The Thurman Cafe | Tastiest Burgers in Columbus, Ohio
Short North Nightlife: Bars & Nightlife | Short North, Columbus Ohio

Reactions: MoeBartoli and Monk

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Ray Ray’s Hog Pit is the best barbecue in Columbus. If you like spicy food, try the habanero sauce. Bobcat110 gave a good suggestion on trying Ray Ray’s at Land Grant. Buy 50/50 raffle tickets if you go to the game (and tell your friends to buy them if you don’t go) — part of the money raised that night will go to Central Ohio Girls Hockey.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
I think you'd have a blast. The OSU/Michigan game is on Saturday, Nov. 24th in Columbus. OSU Campus should be hopping on Friday night and Saturday. Kind of an amazing atmosphere if you go before kickoff and experience the tailgating. I'm sure some OSU grad or current student can give tips on places to go or do, but this seems to cover some of the OSU bar scene: 5 best campus bars for the not-so-college students

Beers inside Arena are about same as you would expect in any Arena. Around $13 for a 24oz of Labatts/Budweiser product or for a 16oz cup of Craft Beer.

Not much BBQ around arena district, but lots of other food/beer/pub/brewery type options. The R Bar is where most out of town fans go for a nice local hockey bar. Here's a list of Arena District hotspots: Columbus Ohio Restaurants | Arena District

For BBQ, one option would be to take the free "CBUS" circular. It just goes up and down High Street between the Short North (which is north of Arena District) down to German Village, which is South of Arena District. Lots of places in between. The BBQ would be "Smoked on High" which is in German Village, you'd take CBUS south as far as it goes and then you walk about another block south on high.

Another option would be to go to Land Grant Brewing on Town Street. They have a Ray Ray's BBQ food truck onsite. It could be walked by taking CBUS down to Rich Street and walking West about 1/2 mile, but probably suggest Uber. The main Ray Ray's restaurant is on High Street north of OSU. Basically, you can find a lot of different restaurants, bars, etc. along High Street between German Village up to North of OSU campus. Another popular haunt by out of towners is Thurmans, known for their huge burgers. Some fun downtown spots include Pins Mechanical (Duck pin bowling/pinball/sports bar/craft beer/whiskey bar), 16-bit Barcade bar (free 80's video games with craft beers and cocktails), elevator brewing tap house, wolf's ridge brewery.

CBUS (free downtown bus) ROUTE MAP: https://www.cota.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CBUS-hotel-map.pdf
Smoked on High: Home
Land Grant Brewery: The Land-Grant Brewing Company
Ray Ray's BBQ: Hog Pit
R Bar (arena district): [R Bar] R Bar | The Best Place to Watch Hockey in Columbus.
Wolf's Ridge (go to the taproom in back if you go): Home
Pins Mechanical: COLUMBUS
16 Bit BArcade: COLUMBUS
Thurmans Café: The Thurman Cafe | Tastiest Burgers in Columbus, Ohio
Short North Nightlife: Bars & Nightlife | Short North, Columbus Ohio

Thanks a lot!!!! My buddy did say that the OSU and Michigan game is going on and we considered going until we saw the ticket prices but like you said the bar scene before and after should be off the charts.

I will definitely keep all those restaurants in mind (obviously won't be able to go to all of them in 2 days).

Again thanks for the info. :)

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Ray Ray’s Hog Pit is the best barbecue in Columbus. If you like spicy food, try the habanero sauce. Bobcat110 gave a good suggestion on trying Ray Ray’s at Land Grant. Buy 50/50 raffle tickets if you go to the game (and tell your friends to buy them if you don’t go) — part of the money raised that night will go to Central Ohio Girls Hockey.

Used to be, IMHO. Pecan Penny's opened up downtown on E. Main a few months ago and it's the best now.

Pecan Penny's – Authentic Texas Bar-B-Q in Downtown Columbus

o.jpg

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Hands down the best BBQ in Columbus.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Anyone have any luck with the holiday sale for STH for tickets? I log in and no individual games shows up. I went thru ticketmast board and enter the code and get an error message.
Yes. You have to click on the link they give you, THEN log in to your account. I’ve been able to get some tickets through this offer. Once again, it’s not very user friendly. I do know that when I try to access the offer without clicking on the link in the email, I have no success. Send me a direct message if you need the link again.

Reactions: JacketsDavid

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Just a FYI on printed tickets (print at home). Ohio State announced yesterday they are doing away with them as well. About 300 people had fake tickets for OSU-MI last weekend, so that was their justification for doing it.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
We normally don’t come in West side entrance by Tim Hortons/icehaus. But last night we watched a lady hop out of a car there (maybe an Uber or could have been a friend dropping her off) and a cop directing traffic into McConnell Garage whipped out his ticket book and was going to write her a ticket because there were signs “all the way up and down the street that say no stopping”. The lady kept walking away as they yelled at each other. I don’t know why he thought he could cite her, as she wasn’t the driver and thought it was sad they were that restrictive that a car can’t just let someone out there, but must be a security concern.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
We normally don’t come in West side entrance by Tim Hortons/icehaus. But last night we watched a lady hop out of a car there (maybe an Uber or could have been a friend dropping her off) and a cop directing traffic into McConnell Garage whipped out his ticket book and was going to write her a ticket because there were signs “all the way up and down the street that say no stopping”. The lady kept walking away as they yelled at each other. I don’t know why he thought he could cite her, as she wasn’t the driver and thought it was sad they were that restrictive that a car can’t just let someone out there, but must be a security concern.

Give an inch and take a mile. If you start letting everyone stop there and just let people out, then everyone will do it and cause an absolute clusterf*ck there. And if the lady was arguing with a cop and yelling at him, F' her too. People clearly think they can get away with whatever they want with no consequences.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Give an inch and take a mile. If you start letting everyone stop there and just let people out, then everyone will do it and cause an absolute clusterf*ck there. And if the lady was arguing with a cop and yelling at him, F' her too. People clearly think they can get away with whatever they want with no consequences.

No offense intended but you sound like a cop! :laugh:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Then you need to check your eyesight. Crime rates dropping every year since the 90's.
And what "crimes"are you talking about? I'm not talking about murder or theft and hard stuff like that. Even though I'm not talking about drug crimes they are clearly an issue too. You can tell me crimes are down all you want but the lack of respect for traffic laws and parking restrictions is ridiculous is clearly on the rise. No statistic will counteract it but police focus on the bigger crimes and everyone knows they can get away with running a red light or ignoring parking signs.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Any other season ticket holders who sell on Ticketexchange notice you can no longer list using decimal point (cents)? You can only use whole dollars.

For example, if you wanted to sell your tickets for $45 (price shown to buyer), you used to be able to enter $40.50 (your payout after CBJ/TM took their 10% : $45 x 90% = $40.50). Now you can only enter $40 even.

Or, if you want to sell for $41, you can now only enter $36 as your net payout instead of $36.9.

Not a huge amount, but extra buck or so in their pockets on each pair of tickets. They must have just changed this in last couple of weeks because I haven’t had issue this season until today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad