Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmaz

Oct 30, 2009
Ticket trade request/purchase request: I’m a Penguins STH and I need 2-4 tickets to the Saturday 3/9 game in Columbus. I have been to 10+ games in Cbus and always have a great time. Your Arena and arena district are super fun and Columbus in general is one of my favorite cities to visit. I prefer lower level tickets if possible...I can assure you we will behave in your seats, I’m a long time season ticket holder and enjoy seeing the Pens play all over the country.
I have to trade: 2 tickets for Pens vs CBJ in Pittsburgh on Saturday 11/24. Section 223, Row M. ( I will trade 2 for 2 or 2 for 4, and I pay you the cash difference.) If anyone is interested or willing to sell, please let me know! [email protected]

CincyCBJ

Feb 16, 2017
My wife and I are looking to make the trip up from Cincinnati to the Buffalo game on 10/27 (We try to make a couple weekend games a year). Anyone looking to sell their lower bowl tickets? Send me a message if you are!

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I accidentally purchased two sets of tickets to next Saturday's game (the ticketmaster website said the first set I bought was no longer available but I had in fact purchased them without knowing). I called Ticketmaster and they said my options were:

1) Have them investigate how it happened and, if it was an error on their end, possibly get a refund. This, however, would likely take ten days (which puts me past the game date)

2) Resell one set of tickets and recoup what I can.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this?

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
I accidentally purchased two sets of tickets to next Saturday's game (the ticketmaster website said the first set I bought was no longer available but I had in fact purchased them without knowing). I called Ticketmaster and they said my options were:

1) Have them investigate how it happened and, if it was an error on their end, possibly get a refund. This, however, would likely take ten days (which puts me past the game date)

2) Resell one set of tickets and recoup what I can.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this?

I’d call your credit card company and tell them you were double charged.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Exciting news from the Pawnbroker family - our oldest daughter is now engaged and the wedding will be in late spring / early summer next year. Is there anyone here who have recommendations for a good place in greater Columbus for a reception? We've looked at a few places like the Columbus Athletic Club and The Bluestone and both are somewhat more expensive than I would like to spend.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Exciting news from the Pawnbroker family - our oldest daughter is now engaged and the wedding will be in late spring / early summer next year. Is there anyone here who have recommendations for a good place in greater Columbus for a reception? We've looked at a few places like the Columbus Athletic Club and The Bluestone and both are somewhat more expensive than I would like to spend.

Have you checked with the wedding venue regarding a package deal for holding both the wedding and the reception there?

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Have you checked with the wedding venue regarding a package deal for holding both the wedding and the reception there?

Yes - most places offer some sort of package but with one exception it would be less expensive to have the wedding at a church. The best deal we've seen so far would be the Columbus Athletic Club which would waive the entire fee for the wedding ceremony if we got a member to sponsor our usage of the facility but we don't know anyone who is a member. My mother in law knows someone who was a member at one time but she's not sure if he is still a member or not.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Yes - most places offer some sort of package but with one exception it would be less expensive to have the wedding at a church. The best deal we've seen so far would be the Columbus Athletic Club which would waive the entire fee for the wedding ceremony if we got a member to sponsor our usage of the facility but we don't know anyone who is a member. My mother in law knows someone who was a member at one time but she's not sure if he is still a member or not.

Does the church have a basement you could rent?

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Does the church have a basement you could rent?

Yes but the space there is limited. It would be pretty cramped for the 175 - 200 people who would attend.

There's the Boat House at Confluence Park that we're going to check out later this week. My wife and I had an anniversary dinner there some years back and it was nice then but the current reviews seem to be hit or miss.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Pierre Luc Grand Pierre

Sep 28, 2017
Ohio
If they don't mind being a little outside of the city.. My wife an I got married at Royal American Links (Galena area). The wedding lady (Chelsea?) was awesome and very accommodating. The pricing (All Inclusive) was right on and it was gorgeous. We had around 170 people and it was very comfortable. They even had TVs for the OSU-Penn State game for us.

In our opinion the Boat House was a little pricey and seemed dated.

Good Luck!

Reactions: Jive Pawnbroker

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
If they don't mind being a little outside of the city.. My wife an I got married at Royal American Links (Galena area). The wedding lady (Chelsea?) was awesome and very accommodating. The pricing (All Inclusive) was right on and it was gorgeous. We had around 170 people and it was very comfortable. They even had TVs for the OSU-Penn State game for us.

In our opinion the Boat House was a little pricey and seemed dated.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the tip on Royal American - I will definitely check them out.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Mazel Tov! And it's been a couple years, but my brother and sister-in-law found Darby House to work out pretty nicely. (Their address is officially listed as in Galloway, but they're literally right on the county line.)

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio

sabresfan3383

Dec 3, 2004
Tonawanda, NY
Hi everybody, Sabres fan coming to ask a few arena questions. My dad lives outside of Dayton now and planning on visiting him and going to a game sometime. I'm a larger guy (6' 5" - 375) so wondering where are the widest/deepest seats to sit are where I won't feel packed in like a sardine or have my knees/shins buried in to the seat back in front of me. Club level? Somewhere in the 100s?
My dad has bad knees too, so I wasn't sure of the wheelchair accessible seating would be the best option, though he can walk fine, he just can't sit with knees tucked in for too long periods of time.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Hi everybody, Sabres fan coming to ask a few arena questions. My dad lives outside of Dayton now and planning on visiting him and going to a game sometime. I'm a larger guy (6' 5" - 375) so wondering where are the widest/deepest seats to sit are where I won't feel packed in like a sardine or have my knees/shins buried in to the seat back in front of me. Club level? Somewhere in the 100s?
My dad has bad knees too, so I wasn't sure of the wheelchair accessible seating would be the best option, though he can walk fine, he just can't sit with knees tucked in for too long periods of time.

Club seat's are the widest seats in the arena and leg room is not bad, but if you can get ADA seating that might be the best route to go.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

I moved down from the 200 level to the lower level mezzanine in the corner that is basically the same height as the club level. I find the seats there to be considerably roomier than the center ice upper level tickets I've had in recent years. I'm 6'2" and the upper level had my knees buried in the seat in front of me.

Reactions: sabresfan3383

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I have club and 113 lower seats. The club seats are significantly roomier. That said, I used the ADA seats after knee replacement since I couldn't bend my knee to 90 degrees initially, and they are by far the best for leg room and the ability to distance yourself from the people seated beside you, giving yourself a bit more side to side room. They are nothing more than padded folding chairs, so figure that into the equation.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Anyone have luck exchanging game tickets through ticketmaster using their STH account? I could do it last year, but it's not working this year. I go to the ... link where it says EXCHANGE, but then the only options are to resell or transfer. Am I missing something?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Anyone have luck exchanging game tickets through ticketmaster using their STH account? I could do it last year, but it's not working this year. I go to the ... link where it says EXCHANGE, but then the only options are to resell or transfer. Am I missing something?

I ended up having to call my ticket kid. I went back in just now to see how he told me to donut so I could tel you and I already forgot. The system is messed up for sure.

puckfan64

May 4, 2007
C-bus

My brother and his wife got married at North Bank Park Pavilion in summer 2017. They had the ceremony outdoors and the reception in the pavilion, nice venue with a great view of downtown Columbus.

North Bank Park Pavilion

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio

I traded flyers game for Buffalo and Phoenix for Toronto game during Christmas break. Didn’t have any issues. Log into account, make sure the tickets you are trading aren’t listed on ticket exchange, select buy tickets from dashboard, select trade tickets and follow instructions to choose new game.

Reactions: Derby

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I traded flyers game for Buffalo and Phoenix for Toronto game during Christmas break. Didn’t have any issues. Log into account, make sure the tickets you are trading aren’t listed on ticket exchange, select buy tickets from dashboard, select trade tickets and follow instructions to choose new game.
Thanks! That’s a really roundabout path, but I’ll try it. There’s an “exchange” link, actually says EXCHANGE, but it goes nowhere. Yep...system is messed up! Thanks again for the tip. Who thought I’d need to select BUY when I just want to exchange, lol.

Reactions: Bobcat110
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad