GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets @ New Jersey Devils 3PM MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Yet he shut out Vegas and is playing lights out again tonight...it's up to a good GM to locate potential when others can't. He is just one guy there are others. And Fitz knew coming into this season we needed an upgrade at goal and half tried to get Hellebuyck and then just gave up .... not good enough sorry 😐
I can name every guy wildly over-performing so far this year and claim the GM should have gotten every one of them because a good GM finds hidden gems.

It wouldn’t fruitful nor reasonable, but I could do it.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
Yes, I’m sure Alex Nedeljkovic was the real solution to our current problems.

We just lost a game 2-1, are we really going to spend the thread complaining about the goaltending again? Schmid did fine today. The two goals against were result of trash defensive breakdowns. We should be able to win a game when we get goaltending like today.
Yes Schmid had a good game TODAY we will see what happens tomorrow. This team has a lot of problems right now and those who don't think goaltending is one of them is dreaming🙂

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Need the other big two back. Timo and Nico does help a lot. Hopefully things start clicking again offensively while the goaltending and d play slowly improves
Yeah it's definitely hard to be over critical with two of the top 6 out...but by the same token I honestly don't think this team is as deep as people think it is. It seems like we can be good but if one thing goes wrong everything falls to hell.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Ruff in the post game sounded like someone who has given up. no answers no energy
I do worry a bit that Ruff is more of a broad concept guy that had some good adjusters working with him last season.

Now there either aren’t adjustments, the adjustments are making things worse, or there is a struggle to communicate the adjustments in an understandable fashion.

We don’t know what goes on behind closed doors but I have to think the Devils have talked about small things they need to change but on the ice those adjustments have been hard to see.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
I can name every guy wildly over-performing so far this year and claim the GM should have gotten every one of them because a good GM finds hidden gems.

It wouldn’t fruitful nor reasonable, but I could do it.
With your genius I'm sure you could and what team are you the GM of?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Watching the Buffalo Pittsburgh game Alex Nedeljkovic who we could have had when Detroit waved him is playing lights out for Pittsburgh but we didn't need a goalie 🤡
Did you not see how bad he was in Detroit?

Again, I’m not buying how hot this dwarf looks in 3-4 games this year as a backup over there.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Yeah it's definitely hard to be over critical with two of the top 6 out...but by the same token I honestly don't think this team is as deep as people think it is. It seems like we can be good but if one thing goes wrong everything falls to hell.
I agree there, when the big three or four with Bratt are ineffective then thats it. They obviously cannot play a shut it down game when needed at the moment. They were able to last yr like that gm against the Avs at home

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pretty pathetic Schmid has allowed 2 goals in two of his last three stars and only allowed one in the Caps game where he played 50 minutes of.

How many games has it been for Vanecek the last two times he allowed two? Pittsburgh and the Caps game where he lasted ten minutes? The Blackhawks game that was about 3 weeks ago now?

But we’ll keep running it back with the guy that’s too far gone here and been AHL caliber over his last 40 games.

Schmid won’t get shit for this game other than a start in the next set of back to backs.

Lindy deserves to be ganked just for because playing worthless Vanecek at a 60 game pace is something he (probably) controls and if he doesn’t then he’s not the one even pulling the strings.

Unless they consult goalie coach extraordinaire Dave Rogalski. He can lose the next round of Russian roulette after Nas and Recchi ate those bullets the last time.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
Same one as you. :lol:

At least I’m not claiming the GM should have known a guy struggling to stay in the NHL would play lights so far this year. That’s the genius level take going on here.
He should have done something.... The Penguins did how did that happen?🤔

palek1019

Oct 7, 2017
Only was able to watch the first and that lovely last minute breakdown and GA. What a bummer. That off-season hype definitely didn't help taper expectations. Team isn't there yet. And yeah they're young and there have been personnel changes, but sucks to see them struggling like this. Just a deflating start to the season.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Was excited to pick up my free STH sweatshirt at the game today

The sweatshirt:
IMG_1816.jpeg

Woof

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He should have done something.... The Penguins did how did that happen?🤔
Nedeljkovic is a horrible goalie.

He even had one of those disastrous seasons in the AHL like Blackwood had. Vitek did once too, but that’s for a different topic.

Nedeljkovic had a two or three month hot streak behind the same team that got Petr Mrazek a three year deal from Dubas because that team made him look really good in the 12 games he played that year.

Another reasons the Pens have him is because he’s cheap. They can’t afford anyone better than him to be Jarry’s backup and they figure Jarry will play 50+ games.

Nedeljkovic sucks dude. HE is your goalie want for this off-season? THAT’s who you wanted us to go after? Really?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ruff needs to go. Extending him for two more years (which doesn’t include this year) during training camp was a mistake.

What will be an even bigger mistake is if he’s replaced with Travis Green and he’s our next long term head coach.

So let’s just make do with the mistake we already made and can’t do anything about.

Then again, Travis Green coaching most of the remainder of the season and us getting even worse will probably guarantee he isn’t the head coach here next year.

I’m afraid if Ruff is here for the remainder of the year that we go into next year with Green.

Green is worse than any head coach we’ve had since MacLean.

Yes, he’s worse than Hynes.

Does he deserve another head coaching job in the league and a second chance? Sure.

But it shouldn’t happen here. He’s an experimental hire. We don’t need an experimental hire.

Keep him as an assistant if you need to, but no way should he be the head coach.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Yet he shut out Vegas and is playing lights out again tonight...it's up to a good GM to locate potential when others can't. He is just one guy there are others. And Fitz knew coming into this season we needed an upgrade at goal and half tried to get Hellebuyck and then just gave up .... not good enough sorry 😐
Well we can't score either and Eric Boulton had a hat trick once so maybe Fitz should break out the Rolodex and see if he's busy.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
Did you not see how bad he was in Detroit?

Again, I’m not buying how hot this dwarf looks in 3-4 games this year as a backup over there.
Dwarf? I guess you don't know his history check it out , but yes let's stick with the Clowns we have now at least we'll have a good draft pick! Everyone complains but suggest a change and it's no way .... you all sound like a bunch of Lindys🤣🤣🤣

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just gonna leave this here
IMG_2215.png

Zoom in and get a whiff of those numbers.

Similar AHL numbers to another goalie we’re all familiar with. Complete with the ECHL demotion (and meh numbers there) that year he had the astronomically bad AHL year. Same thing happened to our old friend. He’s basically Blackwood, only he’s a half a foot shorter.

But hey, he’s been great in 4 games this year!

Pining for Nedeljkovic reminds me of when DD would start calling for some menial nobody played to be signed by us. Or his love for Mrazek.

Dwarf? I guess you don't know his history check it out , but yes let's stick with the Clowns we have now at least we'll have a good draft pick! Everyone complains but suggest a change and it's no way .... you all sound like a bunch of Lindys🤣🤣🤣
His history is similar to that of good ole’ Mackenzie Blackwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany