Speculation: Which players could you see getting dealt at the draft?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
BOS Linus Ullmark
BUF Henri Jokiharju
DET Ville Husso
FLA Evan Rodrigues
MTL Christian Dvorak
OTT Jacob Chychrun
TBL Tanner Jeannot
TOR Timothy Liljegren

CAR Martin Necas
CBJ Elvis Merzlikins
NJD Alexander Holtz
NYI Ryan Pulock
NYR Kaapo Kakko
PHI Travis Konecny
PIT Reilly Smith
WAS Nicklas Jensen

CHI Seth Hones
COL Alexandar Georgiev
DAL Ty Dellandrea
MIN Marco Rossi
NAS Colton Sissons
STL Pavel Buchnevich
UTAH Barrett Hayton
WPG Nikolaj Ehlers

ANA Trevor Zegras
CGY Jacob Markstrom
EDM Xavier Bourgault
LAK Jordan Spence
SJS Mario Ferraro
SEA Oliver Bjorkstrand
VAN Filip Hronek
VGK Zach Whitecloud

Honestly, if any VGK player is getting traded, it is probably Theodore. Whitecloud has 4 more years left at 2.75 million while Theo has 1 more year left and will be looking at a pay raise.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think Nelson is the center on the way out. Pageau would be 2nd most likely. Barzal Horvat and Cizikas not going anywhere.
Nelson could also be moved, but the return would have to be significant.

His cap hit is 1M per more than Pageau’s and he had more goals than Pageau had points. Nelson also outscored Tavares almost half of the cap hit.

NYI has MacLean who they can internally promote to fill the void of losing Pageau, they don’t have an internal replacement for Nelson.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Pionk should be!
Dependant on what Chevy is looking for, hopefully a Top4RHD, Ehlers most likely if there is a pick involved in part of a bigger deal.

Agreed, IMO if anything from the Jets is traded, I suspect it would be Ehler and/or Pionk, both useful players but Jets need cap space and to make changes.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Rantanen - $9.25m x 1 yr left on his contract, Avs could really use the cap space especially if Landy comes back and Nuke's contract can't be terminated.

Georgiev and Manson should also be on this list

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
What’s the beef with Kyrou and the fans and media? I remember he made some comment last season about being booed or something like that but don’t know why he’s so disliked.

He's overstating the Kyrou hate. Some Blues fans aren't thrilled with his overall game and compete level but it's far from a majority of the fanbase.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Marner

Treliving makes his moves at the draft
This isn't confirmed 100%, but it's very likely that the day Marner gets his $7,250,000 signing bonus is July 1st. Not all teams are rich in actual dollars like the Leafs are. I think what we're going to see is a team negotiating a Marner deal with the Leafs around draft time, and then saying "okay, pay him his money on July 1st and we can do the trade 30 minutes after that".

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Rantanen - $9.25m x 1 yr left on his contract, Avs could really use the cap space especially if Landy comes back and Nuke's contract can't be terminated.

Georgiev and Manson should also be on this list

I'm not an Avs fan, but to me, Rantanen, while rarely mentioned for some reasons, is as much part of the Avs as MacKinnon is.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Radak Faska - Dallas

He's been healthy scratched at times in the playoffs, makes too much money but only has a year left. If a team is looking for some leadership, faceoff wins, pk'ing, reaching the cap and no long term commitment he'd be a solid pickup. Dallas wouldn't ask for much at all, as moving the money to help the defense next season is the goal.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
BOS Linus Ullmark
BUF Henri Jokiharju
DET Ville Husso
FLA Evan Rodrigues
MTL Christian Dvorak
OTT Jacob Chychrun
TBL Tanner Jeannot
TOR Timothy Liljegren

CAR Martin Necas