GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets @ New Jersey Devils 3PM MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Ruff needs to go. But Tom needs to get so much shit for not addressing the goaltending.
image.png

Reactions: mdj12784

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Really ? We have a ton of tangible reasons why there needs to be the real possibility of a change behind the bench. I can't even tell you how many games we scored the first goal. Literally are consistently down to start games and have to come from behind. We did the same thing alot last season but clearly something is different this year. Ruff is in his 4th season with us , there is supposed to be familiarity and progression but instead we got worse. They need a new coach with no ties whatsoever to the Devils. This team needs to atleast try to salvage the season without making a trade for some mediocre depth player thinking it will solve things.
If a GM is making decisions based on what fans think then he's lost the plot and shouldn't be the GM. If a coaching change happens a team with good process would do it because they internally think it's needed not so the fans won't boo them. I don't get the point of blaming fans in the stands here

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd like to think that they did good defensively tonight, but they were facing the Blue Jackets.
It would be nice if we used the goalie that is at least above .890% (yes, he’s played weaker teams) and not the other shit head that Ruff can’t get enough of.

But I have more confidence in the team actually showing up to play the 1st period tomorrow than I do Schmid getting another game.

And I don’t have much confidence in this team showing up to play the 1st period either.

Ooooooh Lindy Getty testy with that system changes question.
f*** him

And f*** Travis Green more. Send him back to Vancouver to go press Aquilini’s suits. That’s all he’s good for.

Hire Travis Zajac or Andy Greene to replace him. I don’t give a f***.

We’re in huge trouble if he’s our next head coach. May as well get Hiney Head back in here for the rest of the year with Fitz on the bench with him, November 2019 style.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don’t even want Ruff fired if Green is the replacement. He’s not suitable for an NHL head coach.

Fitz won’t last as long as we though it Green is the long term replacement.

Ruff is getting to be about done here though. This is potentially 3 times in 4 years we have a pretty good start after 10-12 games and crater to not make the playoffs. The first two times we imploded enough to finish near the bottom.

It remains to be seen what will happen this time.

So yeah, Ruff needs to go, but not for Travis Green.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Wasn’t able to watch but checked the score periodically. I’ll be quick with this. I am fully checked out at this point so not even mad. That being said, I am absolutely disgusted with the team from management, to coach, to players. And I don’t even want to hear the bullshit excuses that the GM and coach will give about injuries and whatever else. f*** off.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Get a high pick, trade it for a goalie! :)

Fitz has the NHL right where he wants it.
and give Ruff a chance to make it 4 times in 5 years of no playoffs/good starts to the year only to not make the playoffs?

No way.

That’s assuming we complete the implosion for the third time in four years this season.

Rogalski needs to go too. Don’t even let the new goalie shake his dirty hands.

He’s been here long enough that he needs to get the same snipe that Nas and Recchi got from the firing squad in 2022.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
If a GM is making decisions based on what fans think then he's lost the plot and shouldn't be the GM. If a coaching change happens a team with good process would do it because they internally think it's needed not so the fans won't boo them. I don't get the point of blaming fans in the stands here
The team is 8-9-1 and yet it somehow feels alot worse than that. Literally the only leverage Ruff has is that Jack misses a fee games and so did Nico. Yes Nico is missed but he isn't an elite player and certainly wasn't playing like one before he got hurt. The team was starting to win some games before the injury but still didn't really look too convincing in the process. Guys like Cassidy. Montgomery , Maurice came in and took teams to another level a bit. That's the kind of move we need to make instead of trading for some overpriced 3rd pairing defenseman. Lindy will still find a way to get Smith on the ice somehow.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
and give Ruff a chance to make it 4 times in 5 years of no playoffs/good starts to the year only to not make the playoffs?

No way.

That’s assuming we complete the implosion for the third time in four years this season.

Rogalski needs to go too. Don’t even let the new goalie shake his dirty hands.

He’s been here long enough that he needs to get the same snipe that Nas and Recchi got from the firing squad.
I’ll be very sad if the team doesn’t make the playoffs this year. I still think they end up getting in on the low, but if that’s what has to happen for there to be a wake up call and some changes to round to edges, then so be it.

That outcome would change nothing for me in regards to how I see this team’s future. I believe in the core very much.

Sometimes a kick in the ass/wake up call is necessary. Maybe it’s part of their maturing process. Maybe they need to take a step backwards in order to go forward.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Damn, what’s he say?
Nothing crazy. The reporter asked “You’re now 1 and 6 in your last 7. Is there any systematic changes that need to happen or are you considering that at all”?

Lindy “When you say systematic…” but the reporter stuttered lol and mentioned further lineup changes. He slipped in a “teams may be figuring out your system” but Lindy kind of cut him off and said there are no real lineup changes we can make.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
The team is 8-9-1 and yet it somehow feels alot worse than that. Literally the only leverage Ruff has is that Jack misses a fee games and so did Nico. Yes Nico is missed but he isn't an elite player and certainly wasn't playing like one before he got hurt. The team was starting to win some games before the injury but still didn't really look too convincing in the process. Guys like Cassidy. Montgomery , Maurice came in and took teams to another level a bit. That's the kind of move we need to make instead of trading for some overpriced 3rd pairing defenseman. Lindy will still find a way to get Smith on the ice somehow.
It feels worse because the only reason the Devils even have this record is the PP running at a historic rate so far this season.

At 5 on 5 they have the second worst scoring rate in the whole league.

Last year this team looked like it was a strong 5 on 5 team playing wide open, trade chance hockey. This year they look much less effective 5 on 5 in almost all facets of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad