Confirmed Signing with Link: Colorado signs Alex Kerfoot to ELC

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
All the hoopla about Vesey last season and he was pretty underwhelming for the hype.

He seems like the perfect fit for the Rags who seem to get all these types of players. Vesey and Hayes will introduce him well to the city for sure.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
All the hoopla about Vesey last season and he was pretty underwhelming for the hype

Vesey had a fine rookie season,
dont blame the player for the hype created at sites like this during the endless 2d half of offseason

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
All the hoopla about Vesey last season and he was pretty underwhelming for the hype.

He seems like the perfect fit for the Rags who seem to get all these types of players. Vesey and Hayes will introduce him well to the city for sure.

His rookie season was fine. Up and down. Like a rookie. He's not a superstar. 20-20 seems like a reasonable expectation for him as he matures and based on what I saw last season that's definitely something he's capable of. For a "free asset" that's cost-controlled, that's a very good pick up.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Dreger says it's NYR, NYI, VAN, COL , and SJS

Brooks keeps saying it's VAN and NYR and maybe a third team.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Dreger says it's NYR, NYI, VAN, COL , and SJS

Brooks keeps saying it's VAN and NYR and maybe a third team.

Staple: SJS, NYR
Brooks: VAN, NYR, "3rd Team"
Dreger: NYR, SJS, VAN, COL, NYI

Choices are either NYR, SJS, or VAN... Don't think the Isles or Avs are really in the mix at this point.

I'm betting he comes to the Rangers. Drury's connections with Boston colleges, on top of the Rangers track record for guys coming out of College (Hagelin, McDonagh, Stepan, Skjei, Hayes, Vesey), plus with the new coaching staff in the AHL, I'd say he's a NYR at this point

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Choices are either NYR, SJS, or VAN... Don't think the Isles or Avs are really in the mix at this point.

I'm betting he comes to the Rangers. Drury's connections with Boston colleges, on top of the Rangers track record for guys coming out of College (Hagelin, McDonagh, Stepan, Skjei, Hayes, Vesey), plus with the new coaching staff in the AHL, I'd say he's a NYR at this point

Why is that?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
,,, I'm betting he comes to the Rangers. Drury's connections with Boston colleges, on top of the Rangers track record for guys coming out of College (Hagelin, McDonagh, Stepan, Skjei, Hayes, Vesey), plus with the new coaching staff in the AHL, I'd say he's a NYR at this point

i don't really care a lot if he joins NYR,

but the recent history of those 6 guys,
especially Stepan and Hayes moving in as regular NHL C's with no AHL time,
and now with Stepan and Lindberg gone,
has to make NYR appealing

not that i have expectaion Kerfoot to definitley make it, right away, or at all
i see NYR's centers coming out of camp as
Zib, Hayes, 2017 1st Andersson, Desharnais and Nieves

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why is that?

I don't think he can spell it out any more clearly. The evidence with the commonly reported names is telling a story.

At the minimum it feels like NYI (especially if coming from Staple) and COL are on the outside looking in.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver

You can't really use guys coming out of college as a reason for Rangers to get him, then you could say for Vancouver we have had a track record of guys like Stecher, Tanev, Boeser make it out of college.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Benningll screw this up no way he gets him i think KerFoot will be a ranger

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Why is that?

my gut feeling is that Dreger is throwing teams out there have either met with him, or he's just trying to pressure the other teams e.g. using the media as a leveraging tool for Kerfoot. Agent probably paid Dreger a phone call and asked him to report other teams interests.

The other 2 sources are reporting only 2 or 3 teams, and two of those teams have been in this race from day 1

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
You can't really use guys coming out of college as a reason for Rangers to get him, then you could say for Vancouver we have had a track record of guys like Stecher, Tanev, Boeser make it out of college.

Difference is the Rangers have been doing it for 10 years. Their handling of Vesey and Hayes is very recent too. Kerfoot WILL get an opportunity--there are clear openings for 3C, 4C, 4W, and 13F positions on this team. Oh, need I mention NYR is a playoff team?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Difference is the Rangers have been doing it for 10 years.

On top of that, if Kerfoot can do it, there's a clear opening for 3C, 4C, 4W, and 13th forward on this team. Oh, need I mention NYR is a playoff team?

He wants to get numbers, so his second contract is a good one. He needs to get the chance to play (as you point out the Rangers have open spots) and he needs to play with good players Rangers are a playoff team, so lots of good players)

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Difference is the Rangers have been doing it for 10 years. Their handling of Vesey and Hayes is very recent too. Kerfoot WILL get an opportunity--there are clear openings for 3C, 4C, 4W, and 13F positions on this team. Oh, need I mention NYR is a playoff team?

You were also talking about players only coming straight out of college to the NHL, right? That's what I assume you were saying, but I want to check.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That was out of left-field :lol:

It was reported like 3 weeks ago that there was mutual interest between the two sides. I believe Colorado was the first known team to be a destination. Places like NYR was speculated because they always get these guys.

Anyway good on Colorado. That's two real good NCAA signings.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00