Confirmed Signing with Link: Colorado signs Alex Kerfoot to ELC

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
There is no connection between this relatively minor signing and a possible Duchene trade. And if Duchene gets dealt anytime soon it's because he's been on the block for a year, not because we signed Alex Kerfoot. Trying to make a correlation is really, really stretching reason.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Uh, weren't they like the worst non-expansion team of the last 50 years or something last year?

I think everyone's aware they're young and have a good number of promising players, but "dumpster fire" is absolutely an accurate way to describe their play last season.

Yes, last season. Which matters almost zero to a guy like Kerfoot who is looking at the next 3 years, and there's literally nowhere for the Avs to go but up.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
The Avs aren't anywhere near the dumpster fire people on these boards(Who dont pay any attention to them other than silly comments like so) think they are.

It's pretty hard to take this seriously when you say the **** you do below.
Our big issue last year was using vets like Beauchemin, Soderberg, Golobeuff, Mitchell, Tyutin, and Bourque in roles way above where they should be. I mean 4/6 of those guys listed haven't even signed new NHL contracts since, one is still with the Avs but likely to be playing a role more suited to him(If he sticks with the team) and the other only just signed a contract basically for league minimum this week.

Sodo was played in a 4th line role. Do you seriously think that after 3 straight 44+ pt seasons that he suddenly forgot how to play? Or that the team/coach is so crap that they ****ed up? I mean when you only have 5 players putting up more than 20 points that there's clearly other issues going on there. :shakehead

You're also obviously aware that Beach's contract is almost twice that of the league minimum and with the bonuses, almost 3 times the min.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Yes, last season. Which matters almost zero to a guy like Kerfoot who is looking at the next 3 years, and there's literally nowhere for the Avs to go but up.

Duh.. .that's what happens when you're at the bottom looking straight up. But that still doesn't make it a good thing.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
People that aren't following the avs expect another dumpster fire season but don't realise there's but one problem stopping the avs to suck another season. It's called bouncing back.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
The Avs aren't anywhere near the dumpster fire people on these boards(Who dont pay any attention to them other than silly comments like so) think they are.
Only blinds homers can't see that the Avs were and most likely will continue to be a dumpster fire. All the media and experts all agree and wonder how they're going to dig themselves out of this hole.

But, good for Kerfoot. There was only a few teams that could offer him an immediate opportunity and he took it. Hopefully is more mature than J.Schultz was and be able to handle the losing.

G52XjX5q_400x400.jpg

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Only blinds homers can't see that the Avs were and most likely will continue to be a dumpster fire. All the media and experts all agree and wonder how they're going to dig themselves out of this hole.

But, good for Kerfoot. There was only a few teams that could offer him an immediate opportunity and he took it. Hopefully is more mature than J.Schultz was and be able to handle the losing.

G52XjX5q_400x400.jpg

The media and talking heads have clearly never been wrong. The avs were a dumpster fire last yr but it will take a new level of suckage to repeat the **** pile of last season. I see a bottom 5 finish but not to the level of dumpster fire we saw last season...and even still it might be a terrible year to suck haha.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Duh.. .that's what happens when you're at the bottom looking straight up. But that still doesn't make it a good thing.

It doesn't make it as bad as everybody makes it out to be either.

Everyone screamed to high heaven about the Avs regressing to the mean in 13-14. Where did those people go? Or do advanced stats only count if they're tearing another team down?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

Everyone screamed to high heaven about the Avs regressing to the mean in 13-14. Where did those people go? Or do advanced stats only count if they're tearing another team down?

The Avs team were worse than their advanced stats showed, but even their advanced stats were bad. That's the difference here.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012

The team is still downright awful. There's just no other way to say it. Being better than a historically awful season doesn't make the team any good. I would argue(and I think most would agree) that the Canucks, and the Devils were dumpster fires last season too. If they Avs win 10 more games this season they still don't reach those teams. Even if the team collectively "bounces back" it's going to bounce back to another sub 75 point season. It's still an awful squad.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The team is still downright awful. There's just no other way to say it. Being better than a historically awful season doesn't make the team any good. I would argue(and I think most would agree) that the Canucks, and the Devils were dumpster fires last season too. If they Avs win 10 more games this season they still don't reach those teams. Even if the team collectively "bounces back" it's going to bounce back to another sub 75 point season. It's still an awful squad.

Yah pretty awful. Wouldn't be so bad to be awful this season.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I hope the avs suck next year, but I'm afraid that all of the youth plus having EJ & Varly in the lineup gets them back to picking #10.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Good signing for team and player. Kerfoot will definitely get his chance to compete and if he makes something of himself as a 3rd line C, Avs look strong down the middle if Duchene sticks around.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The Avs were an 82 point team and the first team out of the playoffs one year ago. Could it not be possible that least year was the anomaly, and not the two years that preceded it?

I mean, the Avs had the worst PDO by 1.6% last year. That is abysmal. The next ten teams above them were all within 1% of each other. This is the exact same stat that people crucified us for in 2013, and people totally ignore it now that it no longer works in their favor.

I'm not even trying to argue that the Avs will be good, just that there's a chance they're just kind of okay, that they may not be confined to 30 points below 2nd-to-last place for all of eternity. How can that be so outrageous? And if that isn't so outrageous, why is it so crazy to believe a college UFA might enjoy the early playing time early on and hope to ride a team upwards?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Good plan incase Jost isnt quite ready... I know its a VERY not popular opinion, but i think Jost ends up back in Regina

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
There is no connection between this relatively minor signing and a possible Duchene trade. And if Duchene gets dealt anytime soon it's because he's been on the block for a year, not because we signed Alex Kerfoot. Trying to make a correlation is really, really stretching reason.
Lol. When I read someone make that connection I almost spat out my tea.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
You guys were a powerhouse for many years, and in major markets like NY, were well represented.

COL is one of the sexiest locations in the country.

Congrats- hope he helps you guys out.

Don't know about sexiest. Beautiful scenery I'll give you that. I have no dog in the the fight btw. My team was never in on the bidding war.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->