Confirmed Signing with Link: Colorado signs Alex Kerfoot to ELC

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I don't get all the kerfuffle over Kerfoot.

Nice to sign players for free but is he really any good? Is he any better than Andersson or Chityl who both should be well ahead of him on the depth chart? I guess there is the allure of immediately getting into the NHL as the Rangers need centre's but, not sure if that is a good thing for the Rangers if he does.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL

Nice to sign players for free but is he really any good? Is he any better than Andersson or Chityl who both should be well ahead of him on the depth chart? I guess there is the allure of immediately getting into the NHL as the Rangers need centre's but, not sure if that is a good thing for the Rangers if he does.

I seriously doubt he would have made the Devils this year even with Zajac going down. Almost no chance he'd make the Rangers starting line up.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Plus the guy is 23. How much improving will he do? He will be a depth guy, at best.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Maybe Chityl will impress me and prove me wrong, but I view him as way too raw for the NHL anytime soon. Taking a chance on a guy like Kerfoot, whether it pans out or not, is less risky than halting a young prospects development.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Maybe Chityl will impress me and prove me wrong, but I view him as way too raw for the NHL anytime soon. Taking a chance on a guy like Kerfoot, whether it pans out or not, is less risky than halting a young prospects development.

NYR have wasted ELC's on worse - Chapie, Donnay most recently, jury still out on John Gilmour

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Every time I see his name, I think of a hobbit yelling "Proudfeet!"

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015

I think Chytil is a fantastic talent but as you said he shouldnt see NHL time in atleast a couple years. He has tons of skill but has alot of development to do to become a NHL player.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The Rangers have potential openings at center, he's probably getting recruited hard by Vesey, and NY is an appealing destination for a 23-year-old who's about to be making a lot of money. So, it makes sense he'd be considering NYR. We'll see if it happens, and if it does, whether or not he can crack the roster.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
It's still Florida though.

A lot of people say that about NYC.

A lot of athletes (especially ones with kids) used to use NY to drum up their FA prices and then sign elsewhere. The Rangers have done a good job in the last 15 years to change that pattern.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
A lot of people say that about NYC.

A lot of athletes (especially ones with kids) used to use NY to drum up their FA prices and then sign elsewhere. The Rangers have done a good job in the last 15 years to change that pattern.

To be fair, NY has changed a lot in the last 15 years. The Tri-state offers a lot of different options now, while still keeping the travel time minimal.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
somewhat surprising seeing how there was a report awhile ago saying he wouldn't sign with Vancouver because of our depth at C (overcrowded but not talented LOL)

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Shocker.. Everyone wants to play in NY. Every college free agent and NHL free agent has practically been begging to play for the Rangers lately.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Good news. Just based on the way AV spoke of Nieves last season if he sticks with the big club Kerfoot may replace him in Hartford

Last edited:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
To be fair, NY has changed a lot in the last 15 years. The Tri-state offers a lot of different options now, while still keeping the travel time minimal.

I agree it has changed a lot. It started getting cleaned up under Rudy decades ago. It is basically different strokes for different folks. Some people love NYC life. Some people would hate it. I was born in NYC but I feel thankful that my parents moved me to the suburbs where I could play hockey, baseball, football, and hoops 320 days a year right outside our house.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad