Confirmed Signing with Link: Colorado signs Alex Kerfoot to ELC

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
We're pretty full at center too (even if we do trade Duchene), but we're close to empty on the wing. I hope he's open to a move.

We were only full at the NHL level. Beaudin and Girard were our only centers in SA, and if we trade Duchene we are down to just 4 centers in the NHL. Kerfoot and Totinato are going to have a great shot at being the first call up, especially at C.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
We're pretty full at center too (even if we do trade Duchene), but we're close to empty on the wing. I hope he's open to a move.

Yeah, which is why it surprised me he chose Colorado. Maybe he just likes it there and would rather live in Colorado than on the East Coast?

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Yeah, which is why it surprised me he chose Colorado. Maybe he just likes it there and would rather live in Colorado than on the East Coast?

Based on what's come out since the signing it seems like he felt he had the best opportunity to make it in the NHL with Colorado and that he liked his talks with Sakic specifically. One article mentioned Sakic assuring him that if he earned a spot, Sakic would make sure he was on the team and that the Avs have a bunch of trades up in the air that could open up opportunity for him.

Kerfoot seems pretty confident in himself and that he can get a NHL gig quickly. It's unlikely, but a good sales pitch is about inspiring confidence and not exactly reality.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Honestly very surprised.

AVs have significantly better Centres, but weak on LW which is likely the position he'll be groomed. If he wanted to play Centre, NJD should have been his choice. Maybe he wanted to be closed to home (from Vancouver) and game tickets are really cheap.

:handclap:

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Honestly very surprised.

AVs have significantly better Centres, but weak on LW which is likely the position he'll be groomed. If he wanted to play Centre, NJD should have been his choice. Maybe he wanted to be closed to home (from Vancouver) and game tickets are really cheap.

:handclap:

Zajac, Henrique, Hischier, Zacha, Boyle, Blandisi, McCleod, Quenneville

New Jersey is deep at C.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AVs have Mack, Duchene?, Jost, Soda, Compher (maybe wing), and Rants (converted to RW). NJD is far better on the Wing.

I think it just came down to preference.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
AVs have Mack, Duchene?, Jost, Soda, Compher (maybe wing), and Rants (converted to RW). NJD is far better on the Wing.

Compher at wing is a bad idea. He needs to be a center in the NHL. Rants is great at RW with MacK. Landy should be playing with MacK too. Regardless the Avs are super thin on wing after that. I don't even know NJ's roster right now but it's probably better on wing indeed.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Duchene is being traded ASAP. Rantanen isn't a center. And Soderberg is probably gone next year.

We are very thin at C. MacK might be more talented than NJD's group, but they are very deep at C.

The Rangers and Avs gave the best opportunity at C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad