Confirmed Signing with Link: Colorado signs Alex Kerfoot to ELC

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Not shocking

I said in the Butcher thread that I wouldn't be surprised if Kerfoot went to Avs, Butcher to Devils

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don't think he can spell it out any more clearly. The evidence with the commonly reported names is telling a story.

At the minimum it feels like NYI (especially if coming from Staple) and COL are on the outside looking in.

Colorado were probably the first team with known interest. And Dreger preached they were in right to the end. It was a legitimate question for me to ask why a poster thought Colorado were out when the closest person reporting on the situation said they weren't.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It always makes most sense to pick a team where you have the biggest chance to get NHL playing time for these college free agents. They are more or less trying to get a good second contract.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
It always makes most sense to pick a team where you have the biggest chance to get NHL playing time for these college free agents. They are more or less trying to get a good second contract.

And if that negatively affects their long term development? I would think going to a solid organization that isnt' a disaster would be a smarter long term move, even if in the first couple of seasons it meant less NHL playing time. That doesn't even mean going to one of the top teams in the league... but even most of the mid tier teams have the depth needed where they're not throwing a kid to the wolves in a sink or swim situation.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Best of luck to him. It's a great opportunity for minutes in the NHL and he's close to home than if he chose to sign out East.

The Rochester Rocket

Feb 21, 2008
Atlanta, GA
In the 2012 Draft, Alex Kerfoot was drafted by the Devils at 150 and he signs with the Avs. Joseph Blandisi was drafted by the Avs at 162 and he signed with NJ a few years back. It's all come full circle.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Wonder if this is what's been holding up the Duchene trades?

Doubtful but it's an option.

I admit I was wrong, could have sworn he was a NYR

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I don't think he can spell it out any more clearly. The evidence with the commonly reported names is telling a story.

At the minimum it feels like NYI (especially if coming from Staple) and COL are on the outside looking in.

Or maybe reporters simply gravitate towards the bigger names like NYR and ignore teams like the Avs.

Anyways, nice to see Sakic going after college players, even if they probably won't amount to much.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Or 2/3/4 if and when Duchene is moved.

Between MacK, Jost, Compher & Soderberg (eventually Beaudin), even without Duchene the team isn't exactly starving for Centers. But there's certainly a lot of opportunity on the wing moving forward. Hell he could end up in the Andrighetto spot of getting carried to respectable #s by MacK n Mikko if this season goes his way.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
And if that negatively affects their long term development? I would think going to a solid organization that isnt' a disaster would be a smarter long term move, even if in the first couple of seasons it meant less NHL playing time. That doesn't even mean going to one of the top teams in the league... but even most of the mid tier teams have the depth needed where they're not throwing a kid to the wolves in a sink or swim situation.

The Avs aren't anywhere near the dumpster fire people on these boards(Who dont pay any attention to them other than silly comments like so) think they are.

We've got a great prospect pool that just got a little bit better. And we've got some good young talent already establishing themselves as quality NHL players. Our big issue last year was using vets like Beauchemin, Soderberg, Golobeuff, Mitchell, Tyutin, and Bourque in roles way above where they should be. I mean 4/6 of those guys listed haven't even signed new NHL contracts since, one is still with the Avs but likely to be playing a role more suited to him(If he sticks with the team) and the other only just signed a contract basically for league minimum this week.

Mackinnon, Rantanen, Zadorov, Barrie, Jost, Makar, Compher, etc. etc.

The team has a bright future, add another likely Top 5 and potentially Top 3 pick from this years draft as well... Players recognize this stuff. We're not a good team right now so they(Kerfoote, Toninato, Yakupov) have a great opportunity to make the big leagues quickly and start showing what they're capable of. And in a few years time they may have the chance to be a part of a playoff caliber team.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Well, it's not like they don't need defensemen, and this should offer him the best chance to stick with the club.

Oh, wait. Kerfoot isn't that other dude. Ah well.

Last edited:

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
The Avs aren't anywhere near the dumpster fire people on these boards(Who dont pay any attention to them other than silly comments like so) think they are.

Uh, weren't they like the worst non-expansion team of the last 50 years or something last year?

I think everyone's aware they're young and have a good number of promising players, but "dumpster fire" is absolutely an accurate way to describe their play last season.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Or maybe reporters simply gravitate towards the bigger names like NYR and ignore teams like the Avs.

Anyways, nice to see Sakic going after college players, even if they probably won't amount to much.

You guys were a powerhouse for many years, and in major markets like NY, were well represented.

COL is one of the sexiest locations in the country.

Congrats- hope he helps you guys out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad