GDT: Colorado Rockies vs Minnesota North Stars - 6PM MST

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Under Sacco? Each of those guys you mentioned probably wouldn't even make the lineup because Sacco would go with guys he is more comfortable with, aka grinders and pylons. He was crappy minor league coach, and he sucks even more at the NHL level. We are completely ****** as long as he has the reins, Sherman and PL too.

Well the hope obv is that Sacco will be gone. They will not keep him forever if we pick top 4 again and again. There were rumors about him being on the hotseat and I believe the Barrie move shows that he is desperate. And I rather give the new coach a shiny toy to play with ;).

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Don't know what excuse they'll use but it won't matter. If they finish in the bottom five again, they're all getting fired.

Sherman won't get fired without the chance to bring in a new coach, I personally think Sacco is the only one that needs to be fired.

However... If Sherman/PL hires Quinn or someone else within the organization. I'll be all in on the clean house wagon...

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Eh... we need a 15-6-1 record to finish the season now(31 point for 55 total). That game was actually against EDM, if we wanted to have any hope.

If this was the 96 or 2001 Avs team that record could actually be possible.

This Avs team might go 6-15-1 instead.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Don't know what excuse they'll use but it won't matter. If they finish in the bottom five again, they're all getting fired.

:laugh::laugh:

As if it will matter? Eric Lacroix will become GM and David Quinn will become Head Coach because Pierre Lacroix will run this team until he passes away

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Eh... we need a 15-6-1 record to finish the season now(31 point for 55 total). That game was actually against EDM, if we wanted to have any hope.

Avs would have needed at least three points in the last two games to have a chance of making the playoffs.

Avs will probably go .500 from here on, possibly trade some scrubs and draft 8th-10th.

Another lost year.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
ROR was IMO but that isn't saying much.

EJ was poor defensively but good in the Ozone. The rest were average to garbage.

I blame his defensive partner. Seriously EJ-Wilson pairing was solid for the last 2-3 games and Sacco decides to break it up and put effin Zanon back with him, it didn't work in the beginning of the season and isn't working now. :shakehead

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
For the game on saturday based off of tonight I would go:

McGinn/Duchene/Parenteau
Landeskog/O'Reilly/Hejduk
Mitchell/Stastny/Palushaj
McLeod/Olver/Kobasew
Bordeleau

Hejda/Johnson
Wilson/Barrie
O'Brien

Should be

McGinn - Duchene - Parenteau
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Hejduk
Mitchell - Stastny - Jones
McLeod - Kobasew - Bordeleau

Wilson - Johnson
Hejda - Barrie
Olver - Palushaj

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sherman won't get fired without the chance to bring in a new coach, I personally think Sacco is the only one that needs to be fired.

However... If Sherman/PL hires Quinn or someone else within the organization. I'll be all in on the clean house wagon...

Yeah if we finish bottom 5, Sacco is definitely the only one fired. Problem I have is as you said it, do not hire within the organization. Not because they're "bad" canadiates, but because they lack some serious experience. That is Sacco's downfall.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I blame his defensive partner. Seriously EJ-Wilson pairing was solid for the last 2-3 games and Sacco decides to break it up and put effin Zanon back with him, it didn't work in the beginning of the season and isn't working now. :shakehead

I really don't understand how even a somewhat intelligent person can make some of the roster moves Sacco has made. Why can every hockey-smart Avs fan see **** like this and he cant?

Maybe if I sit to close to the TV, and don't blink for two hours. I might be able to see the game through Sacco's eyes, eh?

Yeah if we finish bottom 5, Sacco is definitely the only one fired. Problem I have is as you said it, do not hire within the organization. Not because they're "bad" canadiates, but because they lack some serious experience. That is Sacco's downfall.

Sacco's downfall is an absent mind, and a love for bottom 6/bottom pairing players.

member 116861

Should be

McGinn - Duchene - Parenteau
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Hejduk
Mitchell - Stastny - Jones
McLeod - Kobasew - Bordeleau

Wilson - Johnson
Hejda - Barrie
Olver - Palushaj

I was about to say that Palushaj should be in for Jones but then I saw your bottom pairing and I like your line-up a lot more.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

We'll see but I think Sherman and Sacco are both gone unless they go on an insane run to end the season.

Sherman is the one who hired Sacco in the first place. He's also the one who gave Sacco an extension. They usually say the GM gets two coaches before he's on the hot seat but I don't think that applies here.

detrude

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
Apr 23, 2007

If we finish bottom 5 we'll probably see the house cleaned again. PL will make an appearance to say he's disappointed with the state of the team and how far it's fallen, then hire/promote more of his cronies to take over.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Suter just ****ed Parenteau there.

A lot of good things
+ E R I K J O H N S O N, what a beast in this game. Was taking more risk, which was awesome to see
+ ROR+Landeskog=Amazing
+ Stastny
+ Parenteau

A lot of good things
- Varlamov, I know he had like 40+ shots, but wasn't shape tonight at all. Too many easy saves into scoring chances because of rebounds.
- Zanon, wow he was brutal
- McGinn, where has he gonna off to?
- Mitchell, meh.
- O'Brien, the 4th goal was his fault.
- Hunwick, shots blocked? Shoot more!
- Jones, being a waste.
- Wilson looked slow tonight.

Come on. Seriously? What are you going to say when he actually plays like a beast. He made 1 or 2 good plays, and the assist on PA's play was a great play but he made a bunch of terrible plays as well. He was not good tonight.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
We'll see but I think Sherman and Sacco are both gone unless they go on an insane run to end the season.

Sherman is the one who hired Sacco in the first place. He's also the one who gave Sacco an extension. They usually say the GM gets two coaches before he's on the hot seat but I don't think that applies here.

You are giving Sherman's influence too much credit, I'm not sure things like that are only his decision.

Where I can see you being right, is PL burning Sherman to save himself.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

He may have had a say but make no mistake about it Pierre Lacroix 100% was the one who approved of Sacco and probably wanted him here too. Name me 1 coach the Avs have had since 96 who wasn't somehow affiliated with the organization?

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
If we finish bottom 5 we'll probably see the house cleaned again. PL will make an appearance to say he's disappointed with the state of the team and how far it's fallen, then hire/promote more of his cronies to take over.

no they wont. get real. rebuilding teams don't fire their management for for a bottom 5 finish. the coach might get the axe, but everyone else is safe.

detrude

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
Apr 23, 2007

Granato was fired June 3, the same day Sherman was promoted. Sacco was promoted June 4. Unless he was able to hire a coach on his first day on the job, PL was the one who hired Sacco.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I will officially quit watching the Avs if Sacco puts PAP on a line with ROR and Landeskog next game. And then if I was Duchene I would immediately go to management and demand a trade. Duchene busts his butt all summer and during the lockout, and has put together a all-star caliber season but ROR comes in after throwing a hissy all offseason and ****ing Sacco lays out the red carpet for him and gives him our best 2 wingers, basically rewarding arrogance. I actually feel bad for Duchene right now.

ROR sits out half the season has a hissy fit about getting paid, then within 7 games where he has looked average and then he immediately gets to play with our two best wingers. **** that, I'm over Sacco. The combo of Duchene and PAP have carried this team on their backs this whole season. While ROR sat at home at pouted about his situation and cost this team dearly.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
15-6-1 is such a wake-up call, there is no way in hell we come even close to the playoff line looking at that.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Granato was fired June 3, the same day Sherman was promoted. Sacco was promoted June 4. Unless he was able to hire a coach on his first day on the job, PL was the one who hired Sacco.

And it was confirmed that PL had been talking to Roy long before the Sherman and Sacco hirings. Sacco even said he thought Roy was gonna get it instead of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad