GDT: Colorado Rockies vs Minnesota North Stars - 6PM MST

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
He made the NHL as a Rag.

And to those saying Hejda isn't a top 4 d-man, give your head a shake.

Hejda is fine on the second pairing when hes on his game, but I actually think on a team with more depth he'd be anchoring the 3rd pairing.

Having Barrie scratched the moment EJ was ready, basically was like Sacco saying screw U to Hejda & Barrie for carrying the team while both Wilson & EJ were out...

Sacco's dumbest move of the season IMO..

Keep :

EJ
Hejda
Barrie
Wilson
O'Brien (Hes my pick as our 6/7, nothing special but he brings consistent effort, and physicality. His defensive gafs also don't seem to be as painful as Hunwicks either...)

GTFO :

Zannon
Hunwick (It's just amazing how good he can play one shift, and then the next his mistake leads directly to a goal against. It's curse level **** IMO)
O'Byrne

We need TWO top 4 defenders out of free-agency or through trade IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Honestly, this may seem like over-reacting but I can't take it anymore. If we tank, I want Seth Jones. Then in the summer

Don't resign Ryan O'Byrne or Chuck Kobasew

Trade Matt Hunwick and Greg Zanon for 2050 903340th Round Picks (Or 7th rounders)

Amnesty David Jones

Sign David Clarkson for an AAV of 5 mil per season, he's worth it to me

Sign Mason Raymond, I like how he plays

Go into next season with

McGinn-Duchene-Parenteau
Landeskog-O'Reilly-Downie
Raymond-Stastny-Clarkson
McLeod-Mitchell-Palushaj

Wilson-Johnson
Hejda-Barrie
O'Brien-Jones

Allow Siemens and Elliott to play a full season together as a pair before moving them up to the big club.

I can dream can't I :facepalm::facepalm:

detrude

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
Apr 23, 2007
Its Sherman's fault that
-ROB apparently lost 50% of his abilities over the lockout
-Zanon is not the defensive player most thought he would be
-Hunwick gets the most TOI/gm
-EJ and Wilson were both hurt
-Barrie was sent to the pressbox

Yep, his guys, his fault

I don't think it has anything to do with fault. Simple fact is he's an easy scapegoat.

Since this all started on a 'what if' scenario, we'll assume we miss the playoffs. That's three years in a row, and four out of the last five years (not all under Sherman, mind you). Right now we're sitting in 26th place, one point up on 29th place Buffalo. So we're also staring another bottom 5 finish in the face, in a year where we were supposed to see improvement. I've been a big supporter of having patience and letting the pieces develop while rebuilding, but many fans want results now. The Pepsi center's empty, fans are turning on the rebuild and questioning management, and generally people just want accountability. Not saying I'm one of them, but look around.

If PL wants an opportunity to look like a hero, he's got it: clean house, make a statement about poor results and a (re-)commitment to winning, and bring in new personnel. Again, not saying it's right, but I can see it happening.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Yikes yet again. Just when you think this team is turning the corner, they aren't.

Sure glad they have their 1st Round Pick this season. Doesn't matter what the names on the back of the jerseys say, the standings say dead last.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If PL wants an opportunity to look like a hero, he's got it: clean house, make a statement about poor results and a (re-)commitment to winning, and bring in new personnel. Again, not saying it's right, but I can see it happening.

If PL wants an opportunity to look like a hero, he'll step down. But we know he won't do that.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Its Sherman's fault that
-ROB apparently lost 50% of his abilities over the lockout
-Zanon is not the defensive player most thought he would be
-Hunwick gets the most TOI/gm
-EJ and Wilson were both hurt
-Barrie was sent to the pressbox

Yep, his guys, his fault

This should not be surprising. Nashville let him walk, and he was adequate for Minnesota for a while there, but his play tailed off there and he was dealt to Boston, who didn't see fit to keep him. When a guy is on his third team in less than 2 years, I think that says something. Like "do not touch."

I still maintain it was stupid to get a guy like Zanon when we already had a guy with a nearly-identical skillset in O'Byrne.

And while it's the coach who's making decisions on who plays and for how long, Sherman can just fire the coach if he doesn't think those players are being used properly.

And it took injuries to EJ and RW to force our stubborn, idiotic coach was finally forced to give Tyson Barrie meaningful minutes, and he excelled. Yet when EJ returned, Sherman did nothing to get thin the herd of pylons he had assembled, and so, no surprise, Sacco went back to the pylons he trusts with his life. Sherman is also the guy who re-signed Hunwick instead of trading him or letting him walk.

So while it's not all his fault, to say he's blameless here is just plain wrong.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I just wish KSE would sell this team to an owner who understands and cares about hockey, then get rid of the rest (if it were me, probably everyone not named Sakic, Sherman, or Pracey.)

Kershaw

Was never sure why the Rangers ever let him go, he's always had skill just really not the opportunity ala Martin St. Louis, I'm so glad we signed him

PAP was a 26 overager with zero NHL experience. He had been in Pro hockey for up to 8 years at that point, so no one really expected much from him. It didn't make sense to re-sign him at the time with MZA signing, Anisimov, Grachev on his ELC, Weise along with Lisn and Christensen at the time. He had proven no more than Corey Locke, who had superior AHL production and was younger. Both were let go and one is looking like a star NHL player while the other is stuck in the DEL.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I don't think it has anything to do with fault. Simple fact is he's an easy scapegoat.

Since this all started on a 'what if' scenario, we'll assume we miss the playoffs. That's three years in a row, and four out of the last five years (not all under Sherman, mind you). Right now we're sitting in 26th place, one point up on 29th place Buffalo. So we're also staring another bottom 5 finish in the face, in a year where we were supposed to see improvement. I've been a big supporter of having patience and letting the pieces develop while rebuilding, but many fans want results now. The Pepsi center's empty, fans are turning on the rebuild and questioning management, and generally people just want accountability. Not saying I'm one of them, but look around.

Or he could just consider the fact that Sherman has made this team a hell of alot better than it was when he started and be patient. Next year when this team makes the playoffs it will prove to the fans the wait was worth it.

Why would he blow it up when were so close? That would piss me off. The only thing I want out of this team is a new coach and a top four defenceman for next year.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I just wish KSE would sell this team to an owner who understands and cares about hockey, then get rid of the rest (if it were me, probably everyone not named Sakic, Sherman, or Pracey.)

I'd be fine with just Sakic and Pracey staying, the rest can go.

It's a double-edged sword. On one hand I'd like someone who took a more active interest in the team. On the other hand I sure as hell don't want a meddlesome goof like Snider, Katz, or Melnyk. So long as KSE puts up the money like they said they were going to, I'm fine with them--it's largely the way Lacroix runs things that I have a problem with.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

It's a double-edged sword. On one hand I'd like someone who took a more active interest in the team. On the other hand I sure as hell don't want a meddlesome goof like Snider, Katz, or Melnyk. So long as KSE puts up the money like they said they were going to, I'm fine with them--it's largely the way Lacroix runs things that I have a problem with.

Hes by far the biggest problem in my eyes and has been for awhile.

detrude

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
Apr 23, 2007
Or he could just consider the fact that Sherman has made this team a hell of alot better than it was when he started and be patient. Next year when this team makes the playoffs it will prove to the fans the wait was worth it.

Why would he blow it up when were so close? That would piss me off. The only thing I want out of this team is a new coach and a top four defenceman for next year.

Oh I totally agree with that, just saying I can see it happening.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

I agree about Lacroix, but I don't see him going anywhere unless a new owner comes in and changes the whole culture of how the team operates, namely getting rid of only hiring/promoting people who are in Lacroix's little circle. It would be nice to see all new blood in the organization from the top down, but I don't see KSE selling off any of their teams anytime soon.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yea Sherman has brought in some really, really nice pieces to this team. I mean the PAP signing is looking absolutely brilliant. The McGinn trade is looking very good for us. Anderson signing had huge potential for us. Obyrne trade was good for us until this year. Our Draft picks have looked very good(If Hishon was healthy, that would be our best pick easily IMO). The EJ and Varly trades are still very early to make a decision on, but the Varly trade has looked good for us, EJ still has potential to be a Top 10 Dman in the league.

But, unfortunately if things really do go down hill this year, I expect someone will be held accountable for the failed season. I hope, really hope that person is Joe Sacco. But I suspect it will be Sherman, or possibly both Sherman and Sacco.

But at the same time, people are acting like this season is already a complete loss and were destined for a Top 3 pick. But look at the standings right now. Were only 5 points back of 8th, with one less game played then most teams ahead of us. All it takes right now is a 4 game winning streak, and all of a sudden were likely 1-2 points back of 8th, and jumped up into 10-11th in the conference. Still plenty of time for us to make playoffs. But we would need to see a turn around in this teams effort level and ability in the next 5-7 games.

If we went 6-2-2 in our next 10 say for example, and the other teams all went roughly 5-5(which is what most are doing) we would gain 4 points in 10 games. Were only 1 point out then.

And just a thing about last nights game, looks like Duchene was credited with our last goal. Must have tipped PAPs shot. So 1G 1A for both last night. Duchene has a Top 10 PPG on the season now, very impressive for him. PAP as well in the Top 20.

avalanchuck

Jun 29, 2006
Denver, CO
I agree about Lacroix, but I don't see him going anywhere unless a new owner comes in and changes the whole culture of how the team operates, namely getting rid of only hiring/promoting people who are in Lacroix's little circle. It would be nice to see all new blood in the organization from the top down, but I don't see KSE selling off any of their teams anytime soon.

Me either... I was holding out hope that with the acquisition of the St Louis Rams, Stan would have to divest himself of all major sports franchises outside of St Louis per NFL rules, but it appears that handing day to day operations to his son Josh has circumvented this rule unless the NFL forces the issue. From what I've read Stan wants to own the real estate his teams play on and if at all possible broadcast the games his teams play in as well as owning the teams. So he's building his sports/media/real estate empire for the long term. He wants each team to be self sufficient. He's not going to take money from one franchise to build another. So the best we can hope for is that Josh takes more hands on approach and they can tell PL & crew thanks for everything and find a replacement that can come in and turn the Avs around ala Masai Ujiri did for the Nuggets.

foppagirl21

Jan 16, 2011
Denver, CO

Bingo, bango, bongo. The bolded has become glaringly obvious over the last 3-4 season and it is driving me up a wall. He NEEDS to go - otherwise, no matter what changes are made, we will see the "same ol' same ol'".

Eugh, I am SO sick of it. I'll try to dig up a post I made a little while back that summarizes my opinion towards Lacroix better.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Bingo, bango, bongo. The bolded has become glaringly obvious over the last 3-4 season and it is driving me up a wall. He NEEDS to go - otherwise, no matter what changes are made, we will see the "same ol' same ol'".

Eugh, I am SO sick of it. I'll try to dig up a post I made a little while back that summarizes my opinion towards Lacroix better.

I actually stole that quote and posted it on Twitter (I properly attributed it though).

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yea Sherman has brought in some really, really nice pieces to this team. I mean the PAP signing is looking absolutely brilliant. The McGinn trade is looking very good for us. Anderson signing had huge potential for us. Obyrne trade was good for us until this year. Our Draft picks have looked very good(If Hishon was healthy, that would be our best pick easily IMO). The EJ and Varly trades are still very early to make a decision on, but the Varly trade has looked good for us, EJ still has potential to be a Top 10 Dman in the league.

But, unfortunately if things really do go down hill this year, I expect someone will be held accountable for the failed season. I hope, really hope that person is Joe Sacco. But I suspect it will be Sherman, or possibly both Sherman and Sacco.

But at the same time, people are acting like this season is already a complete loss and were destined for a Top 3 pick. But look at the standings right now. Were only 5 points back of 8th, with one less game played then most teams ahead of us. All it takes right now is a 4 game winning streak, and all of a sudden were likely 1-2 points back of 8th, and jumped up into 10-11th in the conference. Still plenty of time for us to make playoffs. But we would need to see a turn around in this teams effort level and ability in the next 5-7 games.

If we went 6-2-2 in our next 10 say for example, and the other teams all went roughly 5-5(which is what most are doing) we would gain 4 points in 10 games. Were only 1 point out then.

And just a thing about last nights game, looks like Duchene was credited with our last goal. Must have tipped PAPs shot. So 1G 1A for both last night. Duchene has a Top 10 PPG on the season now, very impressive for him. PAP as well in the Top 20.

I'm not sure it will be top 3 (FLA, BUF, CGY, EDM, and CLB are all worse teams) but here is the reason that the season is lost at this point. "15-6-1"

That's what our record needs to be in the remaining 22 games in order to hit 55 points, and that record isn't even remotely realistic... We needed to get at least 4 or 5 points out of this three game division stretch, and we can now at most pull out two.

We are done like dinner, when it comes to making the playoffs. It's not like I don't believe we have the talent to pull out a record like that. But I don't believe our roster or our system is managed well enough for us to pull out a record like that. It's not happening with Sacco here and Barrie in the minors, even then it would be a long shot.

(Agree with most everything else though)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Apparently Duchene got his stick on PAP's goal and they've officially changed it now.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Do you know what this means?
ZANON'S ASSIST DISAPPEARS!! :yo::yo::laugh::laugh::D:D

31162436.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad