GDT: Colorado Rockies vs Minnesota North Stars - 6PM MST

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Why are you complaining about Stastny? He got the puck to Parenteau on the faceoff, who lost it to Suter.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Why does Stastny take the face-off when Duchene has clearly been our best center there? Sacco just keep the :facepalm: coming...

Staz isn't a shooter, that's why. He's more than capable of winning the draw, it happens. We shouldn't be worried we lost a faceoff after that embarrassment anyways.

If I don't wake up to see Joe Sacco fired I'm probably going to lose faith in our management, we can't go to the deadline and move anyone big until we see a new coach take over.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Can Stastny do anything clutch at all? Like winning a big faceoff perhaps

He didn't lose it. He got more of an angle back than the Minny player did, but it went straight the right and PAP lost the battle for it. You need your wingers help on like 80% of faceoffs.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Suter just ****ed Parenteau there.

A lot of good things
+ E R I K J O H N S O N, what a beast in this game. Was taking more risk, which was awesome to see
+ ROR+Landeskog=Amazing
+ Stastny
+ Parenteau

A lot of good things
- Varlamov, I know he had like 40+ shots, but wasn't shape tonight at all. Too many easy saves into scoring chances because of rebounds.
- Zanon, wow he was brutal
- McGinn, where has he gonna off to?
- Mitchell, meh.
- O'Brien, the 4th goal was his fault.
- Hunwick, shots blocked? Shoot more!
- Jones, being a waste.
- Wilson looked slow tonight.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I wonder what excuse will the management use now. Can't be injuries unfortunately for them.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Not even the tank is going to help us. The 1st overall pick means nothing unless we completely overhaul everyone in management.

Well those things might go hand in hand.
With 6 points out it is time for the tank.
Top 4 pick would do a lot of good to this team.
I maintain that each of Jones, Drouin, MacKinnon or Barkov could go 1st in another year. Atleast they are on Yakupov level

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Why are you complaining about Stastny? He got the puck to Parenteau on the faceoff, who lost it to Suter.

I know. It is tough to complain about PA, especially with how good he has been, but come on. He obviously wasn't expecting it but you can't let Suter walk through you like that.

And I was going to rip EJ for not stepping up on that cross ice pass, but who ever passed was smart and put it behind Koivu so he couldn't. Not much EJ could do there, aside from play the 1on1 with Koivu better.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am VERY sure Stastny won the faceoff, but won it back to a scrum between Suter and Parenteau.

I swear Suter plays his godly games against us and only against us.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I hate it when they slam on Dutchy..."Duchene wasnt dynamic tonight"

Yeah but he still got an Assist...

WHERE THE FREAKING BLEEP IS JONES. Its ok Avs and Peter and Mike....just let Jones skate by...no worries, let him be terrible.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
Suter just ****ed Parenteau there.

A lot of good things
+ E R I K J O H N S O N, what a beast in this game. Was taking more risk, which was awesome to see
+ ROR+Landeskog=Amazing
+ Stastny
+ Parenteau

A lot of good things
- Varlamov, I know he had like 40+ shots, but wasn't shape tonight at all. Too many easy saves into scoring chances because of rebounds.
- Zanon, wow he was brutal
- McGinn, where has he gonna off to?
- Mitchell, meh.
- O'Brien, the 4th goal was his fault.
- Hunwick, shots blocked? Shoot more!
- Jones, being a waste.
- Wilson looked slow tonight.

I think Varly has been tired and honestly with the amount of rubber he's seen its not surprising to see him being a little worn out.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Well those things might go hand in hand.
With 6 points out it is time for the tank.
Top 4 pick would do a lot of good to this team.
I maintain that each of Jones, Drouin, MacKinnon or Barkov could go 1st in another year. Atleast they are on Yakupov level

Under Sacco? Each of those guys you mentioned probably wouldn't even make the lineup because Sacco would go with guys he is more comfortable with, aka grinders and pylons. He was crappy minor league coach, and he sucks even more at the NHL level. We are completely ****** as long as he has the reins, Sherman and PL too.

Jeff_Dyck_#1

Est. MMII
Apr 11, 2005
HF since 1998
A lot of good things
+ E R I K J O H N S O N, what a beast in this game. Was taking more

:laugh:

1512213484_21883255_answer_2_xlarge.png

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I hate it when they slam on Dutchy..."Duchene wasnt dynamic tonight"

Yeah but he still got an Assist...

WHERE THE FREAKING BLEEP IS JONES. Its ok Avs and Peter and Mike....just let Jones skate by...no worries, let him be terrible.

They're right. I don't really care about the "dynamic" part but he didn't do much. Missing the wide open net was really bad as well.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I wonder what excuse will the management use now. Can't be injuries unfortunately for them.

No it still can be. I can hear it now. "We got banged up early. Lost too many points and never recovered. Coach Sacco deserves another year with a healthy lineup."

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Don't know what excuse they'll use but it won't matter. If they finish in the bottom five again, they're all getting fired.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Once again David Jones proving to me why he should be the first player to be bought out via amnesty clause this season. Good god this guy sucks, he has sucked this entire season he couldn't even put up 10 points in the AHL thats how bad he has been, its so frustrating to watch every line have two guys going and the third guy doing absolutely nothing

For the game on saturday based off of tonight I would go:

McGinn/Duchene/Parenteau
Landeskog/O'Reilly/Hejduk
Mitchell/Stastny/Palushaj
McLeod/Olver/Kobasew
Bordeleau

Hejda/Johnson
Wilson/Barrie
O'Brien

I don't care, roll 13 forwards and 5 defenceman, Johnson seems to play better when he plays more and lord knows Barrie deserves to play, sit Zanon and Hunwick and keep O'Byrne in the press box too, give the 4th line a few shifts early on to see if they are playing well and if not, roll three lines the rest of the night.

Mitchell and Palushaj with Stastny to hopefully infuse some energy into that line, Stastny just needs to find ways to get the puck to the net or open man because you know at least one of these guys is driving hard to the net

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad