GDT: Colorado Rockies vs Minnesota North Stars - 6PM MST

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I will officially quit watching the Avs if Sacco puts PAP on a line with ROR and Landeskog next game. And then if I was Duchene I would immediately go to management and demand a trade. Duchene busts his butt all summer and during the lockout, and has put together a all-star caliber season but ROR comes in after throwing a hissy all offseason and ****ing Sacco lays out the red carpet for him and gives him our best 2 wingers, basically rewarding arrogance. I actually feel bad for Duchene right now.

ROR sits out half the season has a hissy fit about getting paid, then within 7 games where he has looked average and then he immediately gets to play with our two best wingers. **** that, I'm over Sacco. The combo of Duchene and PAP have carried this team on their backs this whole season. While ROR sat at home at pouted about his situation and cost this team dearly.

Not trying to defend Sacco but Duchene did block a shot with the palm of his hand the shift before and there was only around 2 minutes left in the game, maybe Duchene was still feeling the after-effects of the blocked shot? Not to mention O'Reilly played amazing tonight. If it happens consistently than absolutely I agree, Duchene should demand a trade but I understand why he did it

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Whats the bad part about tanking the rest of the way and clearing out the rift raft?

Trading or benching Zannon, O'Byrne, Hunwick, and Jones the rest of the way and bringing up Barrie and Sgarbossa for experience would only help this roster become better and hurt our chances of a higher draft pick.

Uhg... I really hope Seattle gets a team, so I can have some sort of distraction throughout this ****storm, by then it will be too late though. :help:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He may have had a say but make no mistake about it Pierre Lacroix 100% was the one who approved of Sacco and probably wanted him here too. Name me 1 coach the Avs have had since 96 who wasn't somehow affiliated with the organization?

I don't know whose making the decisions behind the scenes but up front it's all Sherman. Sherman has publicly said he's calling the shots so he'll be the one getting fired. PL did it with Giguere and Granato and he'll do it again with Sherman and Sacco.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't know whose making the decisions behind the scenes but up front it's all Sherman. Sherman has publicly said he's calling the shots so he'll be the one getting fired. PL did it with Giguere and Granato and he'll do it again with Sherman and Sacco.

He says it publicly but it doesn't matter, this team since its inception has been run by Pierre Lacroix and I can't stand it. I won't care if Sherman and Sacco get fired, heck if it happened in an hour's time I would have no emotional reaction whatsoever because I know that they are just the puppets, and the guy who is really calling the shots is still here and will be here as long as he likes because the Kroenke's don't give a **** about this team

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

Well it doesn't make much sense to fire a GM without even letting him pick 1 coach. Regardless Sacco should have been fired 2 years ago, and that is on hockey operations.

Sherman has no back ground in hockey. He does not make hockey decisions. He negotiates with teams and players and is a glorified accountant.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

The circumstances in the past and present are against your opinion. Sherman has made some good trades, and positive moves. Sacco has fumbled this roster like a monkey fuqing a football.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Not trying to defend Sacco but Duchene did block a shot with the palm of his hand the shift before and there was only around 2 minutes left in the game, maybe Duchene was still feeling the after-effects of the blocked shot? Not to mention O'Reilly played amazing tonight. If it happens consistently than absolutely I agree, Duchene should demand a trade but I understand why he did it

I don't even think ROR looked all that great, he had a handful of solid shifts but he did nothing to warrant getting paired with our top 2 wingers. I think he should be playing with Landeskog consistently, but if Sacco is seriously considering moving PAP away from Duchene he should be committed to the psych ward. The combo is one of the top scoring pairings in the Western conference and they have worked real hard to create some chemistry, and now that they have it, Saccos brilliant idea is to split them up. This is BS and Duchene deserves better.

It better have been a emergency thing that only happened because of what you mentioned. If not I'm going to go down to the Pepsi center personally and kicking Sacco in the nuts and then saying to him "you know why".

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Anyone else feel like Gaunce would even be an upgrade over Zannon & O'Byrne right now?

Barrie > Hunwick

Gaunce > (More interesting at least) Zannon & O'Byrne

I mean, even if Gaunce makes mistakes. It's not like it would matter comparatively.

(And I realize Gaunce hasn't been great in LE this year...)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The circumstances in the past and present are against your opinion. Sherman has made some good trades, and positive moves. Sacco has fumbled this roster like a monkey fuqing a football.

Sherman built this defense. These are all his guys.

I'm not saying he should be fired and I actually like Sherman but he's definitely gone if the Avs finish at the bottom of the league.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Sherman built this defense. These are all his guys.

I'm not saying he should be fired and I actually like Sherman but he's definitely gone if the Avs finish at the bottom of the league.

I'm just not a fan of your statements like : 'definitely gone if the Avs finish at the bottom of the league' : just sounds like your throwing your opinion out as fact. The topic has also been discussed to the hilt, and from what I've seen the circumstances and majority opinion don't even seem to be in your favor either.

Who knows though...

(Sherman built this defense, but look at the options hes had over the years... Wilson, EJ & Hejda are solid players.)

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Its Sherman's fault that
-ROB apparently lost 50% of his abilities over the lockout
-Zanon is not the defensive player most thought he would be
-Hunwick gets the most TOI/gm
-EJ and Wilson were both hurt
-Barrie was sent to the pressbox

Yep, his guys, his fault

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Its Sherman's fault that

Yep, his guys, his fault

Well said... :nod: :handclap:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm just not a fan of your statements like : 'definitely gone if the Avs finish at the bottom of the league' : just sounds like your throwing your opinion out as fact. The topic has also been discussed to the hilt, and from what I've seen the circumstances and majority opinion don't even seem to be in your favor either.

Who knows though...

(Sherman built this defense, but look at the options hes had over the years... Wilson, EJ & Hejda are solid players.)

I think Sherman is definitely gone if this team finishes at the bottom of the league. That is my opinion. Happy?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Its Sherman's fault that

Yep, his guys, his fault

Ryan O'Byrne I agree with, but Zanon has always sucked and anyone who thought he'd be a top 4 guy clearly never saw him play, Sherman knew EXACTLY what he was getting. Hunwick is on Sacco but at the same time I wouldn't care if Hunwick was put on waivers/traded for anything but Sherman probably hasn't even sought to find him a new home. EJ and Wilson are out of his control, and Barrie has to be sent down by the General Manager so that is his fault, he clearly agrees with Sacco that the other bums are better

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Ryan O'Byrne I agree with, but Zanon has always sucked and anyone who thought he'd be a top 4 guy clearly never saw him play, Sherman knew EXACTLY what he was getting. Hunwick is on Sacco but at the same time I wouldn't care if Hunwick was put on waivers/traded for anything but Sherman probably hasn't even sought to find him a new home. EJ and Wilson are out of his control, and Barrie has to be sent down by the General Manager so that is his fault, he clearly agrees with Sacco that the other bums are better

GMs don't tell coaches who to play. If Sacco isn't going to play Barrie, Sherman has no choice but to send him down.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I'm a big Sherman-fan. But it is kinda his fault that some of our defenseman is playing so bad. We have barely a single d-man who can play big minutes. Which means that at least two or three has to play more minutes than they can handle. Zanon would probably be fine on a bottom pairing and playing 15 minutes a game.

No matter how many solid bottom pairing guys you have, they are gonna look horrible when they have to play in roles they can't handle.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

most people's projected 2012-2013 D lines
Wilson-EJ
Hejda-ROB
Zanon/SOB/Hunwick (in some order)

I did not say Zanon was top 4 and if you reread the thread where Zanon was signed, most did not think he would be this bad of a player including some that now rail against Sherman about him.

I think Sherman was right to send Barrie down to let him play (I said PRESSBOX not minors)

Can't trade what no one wants so Barrie had to go down until there is room for him.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Anyone else feel like Gaunce would even be an upgrade over Zannon & O'Byrne right now?

Barrie > Hunwick

Gaunce > (More interesting at least) Zannon & O'Byrne

I mean, even if Gaunce makes mistakes. It's not like it would matter comparatively.

(And I realize Gaunce hasn't been great in LE this year...)

Well, I feel that Gaunce quite literally could not be worse than what we're throwing out there already, so I wouldn't be upset if we gave him a shot.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
GMs don't tell coaches who to play. If Sacco isn't going to play Barrie, Sherman has no choice but to send him down.

I find it hard to believe that a coach can run a team into the ground like that then. If Sherman isn't on board with Sacco he will tell him "No, Barrie stays" and just send a guy like Mark Olver to the minors.

Its like Ralph Kruger in Edmonton not playing Justin Schultz, Steve Tambellini won't just send him to OKC because of that, even though Schultz has REALLY been struggling as of late

If Sherman had any clue on what to do with this team's back end, he'd have kept Tyson Barrie up and either sent Olver down, or found a trade for O'Byrne/Zanon/Hunwick, or placed one of them on waivers. Who honestly cares if we don't get a thing for those players, its not like they've warranted a return anyways

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
most people's projected 2012-2013 D lines
Wilson-EJ
Hejda-ROB
Zanon/SOB/Hunwick (in some order)

I did not say Zanon was top 4 and if you reread the thread where Zanon was signed, most did not think he would be this bad of a player including some that now rail against Sherman about him.

I think Sherman was right to send Barrie down to let him play (I said PRESSBOX not minors)

Can't trade what no one wants so Barrie had to go down until there is room for him.

Yeah, and defense has risen steadily in value over the last 4-5 years quite a bit. Lower quality guys are going for higher prices at the deadline. Which means trades are going to be harder to find as well.

There hasn't been any magic beans that we have missed in free-agency either. I wouldn't want to be hitched to Carle for his contract, that is for sure... (I don't think Zannon was brought in to be used on the top pair...)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad