GDT: Colorado Rockies vs Minnesota North Stars - 6PM MST

m0ngr31

ColoradoRockiesHockey.png
VS
200px-Minnesota_North_Stars_Logo_2.svg.png

Will the newly aquired Joe Sacco from the Ducks propel the Rockies to the top of the standings? Tonight is the first step in his journey...

A4Gf3nv.png

Season Team GP G A Pts PIM +/-
1994-95 Anaheim Mighty Ducks 41 10 8 18 23 -8

Just look at those stats for the shortened season. Surely he'll have an impact!

GDT Music:

But I'm expecting something more like this:
jDYEdWq.jpg

KraftD

Sep 8, 2010
Jones with 2 even strength goals in the first period. Celebrates with a shot of rum in the dressing room. Sacco puts him back on the second line. He finishes with -4 in a 6-2 loss.:nod:

Sacco fired
Jones sent to detox
O'byrne drives him there and stays for emotional support.
:help:

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Big loss tonight. 8-1. Parise scoring 6 goals, Suter scoring 2 and a goal by Varly, proving that yes, he can do everything.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
4-1 Mild.
PJ falls 6 times.
1 Too Many Men on the Ice Penalty
13 ROB/Hunwick Turn overs.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
Common boys CBJ has 2 games in hand and is only 1 point head of us. We gotta loose two in a row. :yo:

11692870-army-tank-in-desert-3d-image.jpg

I say 4 - 1 loss. Parise, Suter, Brodin and Empty Net by Koivu.
Loan goal, Stastny.

We're facing a NW team, automatic loss.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Pretty hard to believe if the Avs steal these next two games, they will have played the same amount of games and be tied in points with the Wild.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
Okay, I'll stop with the stupid picture positing. But honest question for you guys. What do you want more? A tank or playoffs?

I am torn on this. In one hand the goal is to win the cup. You can only do that by making the playoffs. You miss, you fail. On the other hand, if we do make the playoffs we'd be ripped through like tissue paper. Our offense and goaltending could steal a game or two but to win a series? I highly ****ing doubt it.

I am leaning towards the tank at this point. It won't solve our problem however. Our biggest problem is and always will be the management. Till that changes the **** with the avs will just be 'rinse and repeat'.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
Oh and I am also for tanking since the last time we tanked we got these two:

matt-duchene.jpg

landeskog1.jpeg

Wouldn't mind having another one be a corner stone for the future.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If you give me the choice between tanking and the playoffs, I'll take playoffs 11 times out of 10.

The problem is that I don't think that we can make them. Our coaching is too bad, our D is too bad and we are too inconsistent.

And I really really really really really really really really really do not want to finish with the 12th or 13th pick.

So go on a crazy winning streak starting today or give me the fullblown tank. I am fine either way I guess.
But I am not fine with more of this freaking inconsistency.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If you give me the choice between tanking and the playoffs, I'll take playoffs 11 times out of 10.

The problem is that I don't think that we can make them. Our coaching is too bad, our D is too bad and we are too inconsistent.

And I really really really really really really really really really do not want to finish with the 12th or 13th pick.

So go on a crazy winning streak starting today or give me the fullblown tank. I am fine either way I guess.
But I am not fine with more of this freaking inconsistency.

Agreed 100%. This team needs to decide what it wants to do and then take the necessary steps to do it. If Sacco is not the guy going forward, then the damned change needs to happen NOW. If we're opting to tank once again, then get rid of extraneous pieces and buckle up.

I think that's what's been killing me this season. It has seemed more like indecision coming from this organization than anything else.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Agreed 100%. This team needs to decide what it wants to do and then take the necessary steps to do it. If Sacco is not the guy going forward, then the damned change needs to happen NOW. If we're opting to tank once again, then get rid of extraneous pieces and buckle up.

I think that's what's been killing me this season. It has seemed more like indecision coming from this organization than anything else.

I mean they've been doing their best to tank playing Hunwick/O'byrne more minutes than EJ, sending down Barrie, and playing 5 forwards on the PP, throwing the 4th line out their after icing calls in our favor, etc. Not sure what more they can do to help us tank without pulling Duchene/Varly out of the games. :laugh: They could always trade away our extraneous pieces but is moving Hunwick/O'byrne/Kobasew really going to make us that much worse?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $25.00