Confirmed with Link: Colorado Claims Christopher Wagner (Anaheim)

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
My guess is that he is gonna be a fresh face for 5-15 games that people like before realising that he is pretty meh.

That would require people having expectations of him being more than a 4th line guy...I don't see anyone here having said expectations. Street, especially in the last 3 games, has shown that he's just not an everyday NHL player. Warm body to fill-in, in a pinch.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
That would require people having expectations of him being more than a 4th line guy...I don't see anyone here having said expectations. Street, especially in the last 3 games, has shown that he's just not an everyday NHL player. Warm body to fill-in, in a pinch.

Wagner has yet to prove he is a 4th line guy at NHL level. But hope he can do that for us.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Wagner has yet to prove he is a 4th line guy at NHL level. But hope he can do that for us.

Most Anaheim fans, who have watched him much more than anyone here (I would imagine) would believe otherwise.

But yes, hopefully he carves out a nice role with us

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I've watched him a bit this season. He's really fast and very physical. He reminds me of a harder hitting Skille in a lot of ways. I think he has untaped offensive potential. Very good pick-up for the bottom 6.

Whose place do you all think he takes? My guess is Everberg considering he was the latest healthy scratch, and has been struggling to do anything offensively.

EDIT: Or Street. Don't know how I forgot about Street.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I've watched him a bit this season. He's really fast and very physical. He reminds me of a harder hitting Skille in a lot of ways. I think he has untaped offensive potential. Very good pick-up for the bottom 6.

Whose place do you all think he takes? My guess is Everberg considering he was the latest healthy scratch, and has been struggling to do anything offensively.

Because he just doesn't bring much to the table for the Avs. He's absolutely a great AHL player, and someone who should be there helping the Rampage win games and helping the young players who are developing there.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Street has been exposed defensively since coming up. Bad pinch against Calgary when he should have been covering defensively, outmuscled by Downie in Arizona, and then the goal last night, where he iced it, lost the faceoff, and then lost his guy.

It will be good to get him back in SA.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I've been out of the loop lately, are we sure that it's Street going back to SA? Like has Roy or Sakic hinted/confirmed that?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I've been out of the loop lately, are we sure that it's Street going back to SA? Like has Roy or Sakic hinted/confirmed that?
I can't imagine it would be anyone else, since they picked up a center. Martinsen has performed well and I don't think the organization would waive Everberg.

Wagner's faceoff ability will be a nice addition for the PK, if he's used there.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

I can't see how they play both Street and Wagner at the same time. Street is the Rampage captain, he's not meant to stay here indefinitely.

I bet Street plays in Toronto while Wagner gets some practices in but when Landy comes back he really should go.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

As others have said, it has to be Street. Everberg won't be waived at risk of losing him and Martinsen has simply played too well to be taken out of the lineup right now (to my surprise). Street is the only option and rightfully so, seeing as we don't need him and San Antonio desperately does

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
My guess is that he is gonna be a fresh face for 5-15 games that people like before realising that he is pretty meh.

I've wanted him even though I expect him to be meh.

But that is a better meh than the blah that is Street and Cliche

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany

A harder hitting Skille would be fantastic.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Wanted him already when he was first waived.
Energy guy for the 4th line who can skate.

I wanted him to replace Cliche though.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
You guys will love him. He'll never put up points, but he'll bring it every night is smart, reliable defensively, fast, and obviously loves to play the body. It's not that he's special, it's just that in a season where Anaheim looks lackluster 90% of the time, he was always bringing energy and effort...and he was lost for no good reason.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
asked my die hard duck fan friend about this guy. he said he had a tremendous camp and is pretty much a young stud. he was pretty bummed to say the least

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: