Confirmed with Link: Colorado Claims Christopher Wagner (Anaheim)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
His style of play is endearing. In the same vein as Skille. Honestly, Anaheim shouldn't have waived him at all, but the wanted to give the pirate a look.

The pirate will always be Mueller to me. Even if Sgar's last name sounds like he was born to sail the seven seas.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
So Anaheim played him 11 games, if they had only played him 10 he wouldn't have needed waivers, no?

Oh look, the Avs already added him to the roster and he shares my birthday. Just 10 years later ;/

they had to waive him at the beginning of the season too...so I'm not sure if that applies unless it's the 30 day rule (though I think it's been longer than that), or is there something else I'm not thinking of

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
they had to waive him at the beginning of the season too...so I'm not sure if that applies unless it's the 30 day rule (though I think it's been longer than that), or is there something else I'm not thinking of

Its 10 games or 30 days (is it up to or including?) is the exemption. He had played 11 games so that's why he had to go through waivers. oops.

Ducks fans say he likes to hit. Good deal.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
No idea who this is or why the Avs would want him.

If this is another Street who allows Street to go back to the AHL, sure why not.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Creeped over to Anaheim's board..

- Heart and soul guy.
- Loves to hit and is pretty fast.
- Main reason they're upset is because of the terrible management from the GM.

Excited to see him play.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I'm really excited we won't see any Cliche for now!

Seems like a decent skater who likes to hit. Plays some PK. Perfect for the 4th line, so we can send Street down where he belongs, playing top-6 in the AHL.

Will be interesting to see him centering two of McLeod/Skille/Martinsen, lots of forechecking and bodies being thrown around, my favourite kind of 4th line hockey.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
No idea who this is or why the Avs would want him.

If this is another Street who allows Street to go back to the AHL, sure why not.

He's younger and its sort of like a free prospect. But I'll ask again, what exactly are the rules on how we go about keeping him. Obviously one way is to keep him in the NHL but what are the rules allowing Anaheim to take him back? If we waive him then they get a shot at taking him back? At worst we can keep him as a 13th forward sort though. We needed that guy to be a center anyway.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I think I remember him being ok faceoff wise in that ANA game and of course he is speedy and physical. I guess his game will translate better for that 4th line than Street's.
Nothing to write home about but you know "we got a new toy" to look at

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
This sounds like the exact player the Avs need. And they didn't have to give up assets.

Street needs to go back to the A.

edit - If he can skate and hit, he should fit in well with Skille and McLeod on the 4th line.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He's younger and its sort of like a free prospect. But I'll ask again, what exactly are the rules on how we go about keeping him. Obviously one way is to keep him in the NHL but what are the rules allowing Anaheim to take him back? If we waive him then they get a shot at taking him back? At worst we can keep him as a 13th forward sort though. We needed that guy to be a center anyway.

If the Avs want to send him down they have to offer him to other teams that claimed him (if there were any), if he gets past that... He gets offered to Anaheim, then waivers.

He probably gets a long look with the center depth in the AHL. I doubt the Avs will try to send him down anytime soon.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Pretty excited based solely on the descriptions and video clips. He seems like not only the type of player the Avs need to perpetuate a physical edge (which they tend to do when actually playing well), but also a player that fits right in to the Western Conference style of play. Plus, more depth is rarely a bad thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad