Confirmed with Link: Colorado Claims Christopher Wagner (Anaheim)

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
how did he play?

Looked like he was feeling his way out there. Got better as the game went along and he got his legs under him and started skating better. Fairly good defensive positioning, and finished some checks, though nothing big.

Had some decent offensive chances as well driving the net, which is one of the last things I was expecting on his first night.

Definitely an upgrade on Ben Street as 4th line center, which is what he was brought in for.

I could see his play going up from here too. You could tell he probably had a bit of a whirlwind couple of days meeting up with the team on the road.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
i thought he looked pretty solid. finished every check and had multiple good shots on goal from scoring areas. thought he would do better in the circle though. he definitely brings a ton of energy. should be a great addition for our bottom 6

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Thought he played well. Definitely noticed him in a positive way for a first game. Laid some good hits and had some solid offensive plays by crashing the net.

Think he'll carve out a nice spot for himself in the bottom 6. But Mitchell is the better player and should play 3rd line when he is ready to return.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Hey guys, Ducks fan coming in peace.

I was just curious how Wagner is panning out over there? I've heard he's scored a few goals, but all I've seen are stats. Hope it's working out well for him and you.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Hey guys, Ducks fan coming in peace.

I was just curious how Wagner is panning out over there? I've heard he's scored a few goals, but all I've seen are stats. Hope it's working out well for him and you.

I think it's working well for both sides, Colorado and Wagner. Finally we have someone who can actually produce and play well in 4th line. He is actually pretty nice upgrade over what we've had over the years playing in 4th line. Very happy.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
The guy Wagner replaced had 3 goals in 151 games as the Avs 4th line center. Wagner has 3 goals in 9 games already. Wasn't hard for him to be an instant upgrade. He's also more physical than Marc Andre Cliche was, so I'd imagine every Avs fan is happy with him in his current role.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Cant complain about this pickup. Plays within his role effectively and his physical play is perfect as an energy guy on the 4th line

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yep like everyone real happy with him and happy for him too. I know it probably wasn't an easy situation to come into.

I am curious on why the scoring is coming now. Is it just luck? Is it the difference in how the teams play. Do the Ducks encourage less offense from the 4th line? Is it magic Jack Skille lol? I know he was a decent goal scorer in the AHL. Maybe he's just shooting more.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
A little bit of luck, a little bit of hard work, and him and Skille do seem to have great chemistry. He is a solid energy forward and I think he has earned his spot in the lineup. I just want him to start earning some PK time now.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yep like everyone real happy with him and happy for him too. I know it probably wasn't an easy situation to come into.

I am curious on why the scoring is coming now. Is it just luck? Is it the difference in how the teams play. Do the Ducks encourage less offense from the 4th line? Is it magic Jack Skille lol? I know he was a decent goal scorer in the AHL. Maybe he's just shooting more.

Could be good ole confidence, experience, and development. Skille sure as hell isn't hurting anyone's game that plays with him on the 4th line.

Maybe the guy is just figuring the pace of the game out to the level the offense will come through more. That breakaway snipe was all confidence.

Edit : Damn, Wagner had a helluva final year in College with 51 points in 38 games for Colgate U.

Last edited:

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

I'm sure it's just adjusting to the NHL. I don't think the people that thought he lacked scoring ability saw him at the lower levels. He definitely showed some upside in the AHL and college.

Glad to hear he's found a fit, and thanks for the responses.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I doubt the scoring is sustainable, but he's doing all the right things and it just happens to be going in the net a lot. I'm sure even if his offense hits a cold spell he'll still be contributing in terms of physicality and stability at that 4th line spot.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Skille seems to have finally found a home. He is a perfect 4th line player in the modern NHL, where 3rd/4th line players are more and more looked to bring the speed and energy versus the shutdown role of old.

He lacks physicality, which is where Wagner and McLeod come into play, and the 3 make a very solid 4th line.

3rd line still has some questions on it....and I am not sure Tanguay is the answer on the 2nd line anymore.....but the picture up front seems set for now baring an injury.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Skille seems to have finally found a home. He is a perfect 4th line player in the modern NHL, where 3rd/4th line players are more and more looked to bring the speed and energy versus the shutdown role of old.

He lacks physicality, which is where Wagner and McLeod come into play, and the 3 make a very solid 4th line.

3rd line still has some questions on it....and I am not sure Tanguay is the answer on the 2nd line anymore.....but the picture up front seems set for now baring an injury.

If Tanguay plays like he did last night, I'm perfectly happy with him.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
The scoring won't last, but the work ethic will. Just like it does with Skille, and just like it has for McLeod over the better part of a decade. If you can get guaranteed effort and guaranteed 'jam' from your 4th line, you're in decent shape. Anything above that like strong defensive play, the odd scoring blitz, and solid PK play is a bonus. We're also getting that. 4th line is something to be happy about. 1st and 4th lines are strong, the 2nd and 3rd need to find some balance and that's been difficult to do with the constant personnel changes.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
I really enjoy having Wagner and Skille. They have high energy and enough talent to capitalize occasionally and at least give us momentum shifts. I'm usually excited to watch our fourth line on ice which is a new feeling even though I don't expect them to score much.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
McLeod-Cliche-Bordeleau vs. McLeod-Wagner-Skille. We can at least say our 4th line has improved considerably.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I really enjoy having Wagner and Skille. They have high energy and enough talent to capitalize occasionally and at least give us momentum shifts. I'm usually excited to watch our fourth line on ice which is a new feeling even though I don't expect them to score much.

Totally agree, their speed and energy is refreshing. And not the type of energy McLeod brings. Which is more of the reckless kind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad