Confirmed with Link: Colorado Claims Christopher Wagner (Anaheim)

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Has a bit of that old school style. Doesn't just make hits for contact he finishes them. We could use a bit of that.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Trolled over from Anaheim just to let you know the steal you got. Never given an offensive chance in Anaheim so don't let those stats fool you. He's a very good F/O guy and really good on PK. Hits like a ton of bricks and doesn't care who it is. (See Lucic hit video).

Fans will love him just like here.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Another hit from preseason on lucic.... hes a fun playler to watch... not too much of an offensive upside but should be a capable 4th line center that brings that physical play to the game(doesn't seem to cross the line or take dumb penalties either).... I liked him sucks that we had to waive him.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I wanted this the first time he was waived if only to ensure Cliche never saw the NHL again.

He won't ever be a world beater, but he is better NHL wise than Street.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Cheryl from BSN "isn't impressed" and believes that there are better options than Wagner in SA...also said she believes that Wagner is more for SA than the Avs.

TMV, huge fan of what you're doing there though.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Great pickup. Should fit really well with Skille on the 4th line. Anything to keep Cliche off this team.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
This move probably means the Avs have bigger plans for Grigorenko and playing him more. Roy spoke highly of his ability to work with MacK last night.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Cheryl from BSN "isn't impressed" and believes that there are better options than Wagner in SA...also said she believes that Wagner is more for SA than the Avs.

TMV, huge fan of what you're doing there though.

They can't waive him either or else Anaheim would just take him back. This helps SA so they don't keep bleeding players. I know what she would prefer is Hishon getting a shot.

Seconded

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
They can't waive him either or else Anaheim would just take him back. This helps SA so they don't keep bleeding players. I know what she would prefer is Hishon getting a shot.

When will people just accept that Hishon isn't very good?

Like the claim, Street should be in the minors (and maybe even Everberg but that's another discussion)

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015

Seconded

I wouldn't. Hishon is a top-6 or bust kind of guy. What kind of shot is he going to get on the 4th line? Wagner is a guy who knows his job and does it well. He's an ideal 4th line center that plays a style that Roy loves and that's not going to look out of place and is still young. Hishon is probably gonna get traded at the deadline in a change of scenery type of trade like Sgar and Stollery last year.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Seconded

Well, she meant that she felt he was bound for SA. I just don't think Hishon is suited for a bottom-6 role, so there's no reason to bring him up. And this is MUCH better than going back to Cliche.

With all that I'm reading from what others are saying on Wagner, and those clips both you and TMV have posted, can't help but wonder what a McLeod-Wagner-Skille 4th line can do. Seems like they would be heavy with the hitting.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Well, she meant that she felt he was bound for SA. I just don't think Hishon is suited for a bottom-6 role, so there's no reason to bring him up. And this is MUCH better than going back to Cliche.

With all that I'm reading from what others are saying on Wagner, and those clips both you and TMV have posted, can't help but wonder what a McLeod-Wagner-Skille 4th line can do. Seems like they would be heavy with the hitting.

She said she'd rather see someone else get the opportunity. Ie who else would that be?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
She said she'd rather see someone else get the opportunity. Ie who else would that be?

I agree with you on TV. No offense meant to Hishon or Smith, but those guys aren't really suited for bottom-6 or 4th line play. Wagner appears to bring a physical presence, if he has any semblance of "hands" (i.e. he's not stone hands), then I think he has a chance of working well with someone like Skille.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Seems like a decent pickup without having to give up anything. Looks like he will fit in well on the 4th line. From the highlights it looks like he hits and plays with energy. As long as he isn't a defensive liability he could fit in well on our 4th line.

What I like to see is Roy is making the team harder to play against. Our 4th line last year couldn't do anything. Now there are two guys that can skate (Skille and Wagner), McCleod always plays with aggression, Wagner looks like a spark plug and Skille's got some decent skills.

We went from having a joke of a 4th line last year, to having one that teams actually have to worry about. And that is how you build a team. Yeah you need some good skill guys in the top 6, but you also need guys that know their roles on the 3rd and 4th lines and can cause havoc for other teams.

In this league you have to be able to roll 4 lines and get quality minutes from everyone. We are starting to move that direction.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
I wouldn't. Hishon is a top-6 or bust kind of guy. What kind of shot is he going to get on the 4th line? Wagner is a guy who knows his job and does it well. He's an ideal 4th line center that plays a style that Roy loves and that's not going to look out of place and is still young. Hishon is probably gonna get traded at the deadline in a change of scenery type of trade like Sgar and Stollery last year.

speaking of stollery, did we ever figure out what the condition of the 7th we got from Calgary for Hamilton was?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Love it based on what everyone has posted, interesting that he has some untapped offensive skill from his AHL production. Sometimes that does not transfer too well if ever, but it does mean hes a smart player.

Like others have said Wagner+Skille sounds like hell to play against, with some face off ability.

Anyone picking on Lucic gets a automatic plus in my book, so hes ahead of the curve already lol.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
My guess is that he is gonna be a fresh face for 5-15 games that people like before realising that he is pretty meh.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
My guess is that he is gonna be a fresh face for 5-15 games that people like before realising that he is pretty meh.

If he plays at anywhere close to Skille's energy level, I'd imagine it will last much longer than that IMO. It seems to have with ANA fans...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad