News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Lol, Altitude is going to get crushed. They can't possibly be this stupid. This isn't going to end well for Altitude.

We present to you Exhibit A:

cut.jpg

We rest our case your honor.

Reactions: chet1926

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
You could have also ignored Coach's Corner if you wanted to.

Huh. You're telling me I can just ignore bigots and they go away!? Why didn't I think of this sooner! :highclap:

The fact that he's been given yet another platform to spew his verbal diarrhea just proves you wrong, but you've never let that stop you before, right?

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
If Altitude's primary argument is that Comcast is a monopoly, then good luck with that. It's not, there are other options in Denver. Comcast just happens to be the largest provider because consistently they have the best product in the area. It's not their fault they are most likely the best option for most.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
If Altitude's primary argument is that Comcast is a monopoly, then good luck with that. It's not, there are other options in Denver. Comcast just happens to be the largest provider because consistently they have the best product in the area. It's not their fault they are most likely the best option for most.

I thought they were arguing beyond just Denver (yes, there ARE other fans in Colorado, outside of Denver), and into the surrounding states as well. I could be way off the mark on that, though...

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I thought they were arguing beyond just Denver (yes, there ARE other fans in Colorado, outside of Denver), and into the surrounding states as well. I could be way off the mark on that, though...
I'm not sure why they would be arguing that, since people outside Colorado have been able to watch since day 1. Denver is the city most affected by the whole no Comcast thing since they are the biggest provider locally.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
In the most recent DP article it states that Comcast has been buying out RSNs in other parts of the country and that its goal is to reduce rates to the point where income is so low that the RSN sells out. I think the basis is that antitrust is happening because Comcast is consolidating RSN content. Altitude’s lawsuit would basically put a roadblock there. But it would also artificially make RSNs profitable I’m imagining.

While I get where Altitude is coming from on the consolidation front, I think this is a losing battle. Even in the DP article the lawyer for Altitude basically asks other RSNs to help them out by claiming they should be “watching” this trial. As much as we’d like to think the entire universe tunes in to the Nuggets/Avs, reality isn’t there. This year’s definitely different but viewership of Nuggets and Avs both were in the tank the last two years by like 50%. It’s not really unreasonable for Comcast to ask for a 50% decrease or to separate them out so that non-Nuggets/Avs fans don’t have to pay. Every cable consumer these days only wants to pay for the content they actually watch - and if I don’t watch the Nuggets/Avs why should I want Comcast to pay them more money. I don’t get where Altitude is coming from on that stance of their argument. Their viewership has sucked and has trended downward; their rate ask should be in line with that. You don’t give a salesman more money for bringing you less customers.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
This lawsuit reeks of desperation to me. Why wouldn’t they have done this lawsuit from the beginning if Comcast was trying to force them out of business?

In saying all that Comcast negotiating in bad faith also wouldn’t be a huge surprise though.

Reactions: S E P H

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This lawsuit reeks of desperation to me. Why wouldn’t they have done this lawsuit from the beginning if Comcast was trying to force them out of business?

In saying all that Comcast negotiating in bad faith also wouldn’t be a huge surprise though.

I'm sure they didn't want to play this card until it was absolutely necessary. And now it is.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Love it. Kind of speaks to how obsessive MacK is with wanting to win.

He didn’t see the move like a lot of Avs fans, where we thought Burakovsky was a relatively unimportant pickup.

After the Avs traded for him, MacK’s like, “How can this guy make us better.”

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Did I miss the part where Clark compares the number of shots this season vs the previous seasons? I see a bunch of stats except this one, which is all this article is all about?

I still have the feeling that he's not shooting enough.

Edit: Found them myself on nhl.com: 47 SOG in 23 games so far vs his best season he had 84 SOG in 56 games. So 2.04 shots per game now vs 1.50 then.

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
Anyone checkout the new Locked on Avalanche podcast? It's a pretty decent daily alternative to the DNVR podcast. Chris Micieli isn't someone I'm familiar with but his takes are even tempered and thoughtful, and he's got an agreeable cadence which is good for a podcast.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Anyone checkout the new Locked on Avalanche podcast? It's a pretty decent daily alternative to the DNVR podcast. Chris Micieli isn't someone I'm familiar with but his takes are even tempered and thoughtful, and he's got an agreeable cadence which is good for a podcast.
Does he talk about food and video games? I already hear enough of that on the DNVR podcast

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Never heard of it but I'll check it out today

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
It's okay. Not really an alternative to DNVR imo (might become one in the future, though) but a good addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad