News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Yeah, I already pointed out you are comfortable with double standards. Is there any doubles standard that you find appalling or are you good with all of them?
So Peters wouldn’t have been an ass if it weren’t for rap music?

Damn you Sugar Hill Gang! See the racism you’ve created!

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think I got 40% off.

They always have deals so there should be another good one when the year expires. The promo I used when I first signed up was from a year old tweet that I believe they sent out for Father's Day. It never expired so it ended up being $3/month.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
They always have deals so there should be another good one when the year expires. The promo I used when I first signed up was from a year old tweet that I believe they sent out for Father's Day. It never expired so it ended up being $3/month.
Oh, hmm. I guess I'll think about it next summer.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
So Peters wouldn’t have been an ass if it weren’t for rap music?

Damn you Sugar Hill Gang! See the racism you’ve created!
I never said Peters wasn’t liable or that what he did was okay. I think it is patronizing to say what he did was wrong but to exclude a giant swath of performers that use that word in their music. I have no qualms with Peters getting canned, I take issue with a writer pandering to people that don’t have the stomach to point out the obvious.

So you can understand I’ll add this:

Peters bad.
Double standard bad.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I never said Peters wasn’t liable or that what he did was okay. I think it is patronizing to say what he did was wrong but to exclude a giant swath of performers that use that word in their music. I have no qualms with Peters getting canned, I take issue with a writer pandering to people that don’t have the stomach to point out the obvious.

So you can understand I’ll add this:

Peters bad.
Double standard bad.
You have to understand how and why minority groups, or in general, groups end up owning these derogatory terms. This is not something unique to rap music.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
You have to understand how and why minority groups, or in general, groups end up owning these derogatory terms. This is not something unique to rap music.
How do you know I am not a minority? This is about to turn hilarious. Careful how you answer.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I would get behind being scold on the N word should be dropped in that context because it enables racists to justify their use, but they’d just find another pretext.

Reactions: McMetal

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't find this kind of tripe compelling as long as rappers use the word repeatedly. And no, you don't get to use words that others aren't allowed to use. It rings hollow when rappers and other celebrities can spout that word with no repercussions and "journalists" won't bother covering that or advocating that what they are doing is despicable as well. Only children and cowards will allow such ridiculous double standards to exist in the first place. Clean up your own backyard.

You're clearly trolling on this subject. Can you at least keep that to hockey and not race?

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Oh, I know you're not black from everything you're saying babe.
Jesse Peterson and Larry Elder aren’t black either I take it. This is about the most racially insensitive thing I have read. Now all black people have to think the same? Not all of us think the same, hate to break it to you.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Not liking what I have to say doesn’t equal trolling. Not my fault mommy and daddy failed you.

Your second sentence gives you away.

You're also the same person who posted a thread on the Canucks forum the other day asking if they'd trade Hughes for Makar.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
One thing I don’t like (and this is going to sound ridiculously petty), I don’t like the word ‘pact’ being used for contracts. Just say contract. Saying ‘his 8 year pact’ sounds dumb to me :laugh:

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I don't find this kind of tripe compelling as long as rappers use the word repeatedly. And no, you don't get to use words that others aren't allowed to use. It rings hollow when rappers and other celebrities can spout that word with no repercussions and "journalists" won't bother covering that or advocating that what they are doing is despicable as well. Only children and cowards will allow such ridiculous double standards to exist in the first place. Clean up your own backyard.

I've read a lot of cringeworthy shit on this site, but this may take the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad